Options

Did Louis Walsh sabotage Stereo Kicks for his own band "HomeTown" ?

MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So I just knew that Louis has been hyping up his own new boyband "HomeTown" who just scored Number 1 single on Ireland Chart and ready to hit UK next year which makes me curious if Louis didn't work hard enough with Stereo Kicks, giving them last minutes song changes twices, said he didn't want 8 people, giving questionable song choices, didn't give all the boys solo part, focus a lot on James Graham .. In one word, he sabotaged them so they won't be barrier to his new boyband in 2015 as he already knew Stereo Kicks will be managed by other managers, not him after show.

What do you think guys ? Anyway, Louis did good job with his own band "HomeTown", I just checked their debut single "Where I Belong" written by Kodaline, it's soooo good and they are 6 pieces boyband, age 17-20 with 3 strong lead singers (one of them used to be in the band with Chris Leonard of Stereo Kicks) .. You guys should check it out :)

Comments

• Options
    blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No. I think the song choices were spot on. He did them well. The judges like to think they are all powerful but seriously i think the public just saw them as a 1D copy and as the voting figures show there was little public support. I cant seem him sabotaging an act purposefully thats just stupid, he was bigging them up quite a bit until they were bottom 2 and then he lost all faith in them.
  • Options
    RobertfitzRobertfitz Posts: 2,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just looked them up. Their debut single is a shameless copy of 1D's FOUR sound.
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, he didn't sabotage them. The viewers just saw through the unwarranted standing ovations and praise heaped on mediocre performances. SK were clearly the priority group this year and if SCowell thought Louis was going to sabotage them, he never would have given him that category.
  • Options
    mimik1ukmimik1uk Posts: 46,701
    Forum Member
    does anyone take anything Louis does seriously enough for him to have any influence on what happens ?

do people still think that the judges actually have much of a say in song choices or staging as well ?
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, they were just shit
  • Options
    HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,634
    Forum Member
    Is the world of music really ready for HomeTown, yet alone the abysmal Stereo Kicks?

Sadly, if a new boyband has the hype machine switched into overdrive they will be successful because they'll be on every TV programme promoting their single.

That's why Westlife were so successful, but what I hated about Westlife was the fact they got to #1 with songs that were bland and forgettable.

My neice bought their single Queen Of My Heart (blurgh!!!) on cd single. I asked her why because I said the song was crap. Her reply, and I'm not making this up, she said "because they look well fit on the cover". Yep, she practically bought a CD because of the artwork. :confused:
  • Options
    RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    No, they were just shit

This pretty much sums it up
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eight is simply too many to relate to. Even now I can only name four of Stereo Kicks - the others all merge together and I can't even recall what they look like :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Milkita wrote: »
    So I just knew that Louis has been hyping up his own new boyband "HomeTown" who just scored Number 1 single on Ireland Chart and ready to hit UK next year which makes me curious if Louis didn't work hard enough with Stereo Kicks, giving them last minutes song changes twices, said he didn't want 8 people, giving questionable song choices, didn't give all the boys solo part, focus a lot on James Graham .. In one word, he sabotaged them so they won't be barrier to his new boyband in 2015 as he already knew Stereo Kicks will be managed by other managers, not him after show.

What do you think guys ? Anyway, Louis did good job with his own band "HomeTown", I just checked their debut single "Where I Belong" written by Kodaline, it's soooo good and they are 6 pieces boyband, age 17-20 with 3 strong lead singers (one of them used to be in the band with Chris Leonard of Stereo Kicks) .. You guys should check it out :)

Of course Louis did, you're spot on!
    (Well, to say he sabotaged them might be a little extreme but he definitely didn't have any real interest in them as a group).
    Why would Louis invest any real interest in Stereo Kicks when he wasn't going to manage them once the show was over.
    Stereo Kicks would be massive competition for Hometown in the real world and Louis would meet risk Stereo Kicks doing well by fear it would destroy Hometowns changes at success.
    Louis feels he has a lot to prove as a manager (most of his previous signings don't have a relationship with him anymore) he needs Hometown to be a success and Stereo Kicks would've just got in the way.

Louis is spiteful just look at how he speaks of his former acts - he's by no means professional.

Being on Louis' team would do you more harm than good I reckon.
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Patti-Ann wrote: »
    Eight is simply too many to relate to. Even now I can only name four of Stereo Kicks - the others all merge together and I can't even recall what they look like :o

You in the minority though. If you have followed them after the show,they have won most if not all online boyband polls and have had sell out gigs.Barclay won the sexeist boyband member of 2014 beating Nail Horan.

Why do people tthink that you have to be supported on DS to be popular??:confused: I dont think DS got them to 5th position more so above OTY DS favs.

One thing about this forum is if your fav is not popular here go and support them else where,that is what people do.It applies to most shows.

Well they are James,Jake,Reece,Barclay,Tom,Charlie,Chris and Casey
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Musick1 wrote: »
    (Well, to say he sabotaged them might be a little extreme but he definitely didn't have any real interest in them as a group).
    Why would Louis invest any real interest in Stereo Kicks when he wasn't going to manage them once the show was over.
    Stereo Kicks would be massive competition for Hometown in the real world and Louis would meet risk Stereo Kicks doing well by fear it would destroy Hometowns changes at success.
    Louis feels he has a lot to prove as a manager (most of his previous signings don't have a relationship with him anymore) he needs Hometown to be a success and Stereo Kicks would've just got in the way.

Louis is spiteful just look at how he speaks of his former acts - he's by no means professional.

Possibly but the game is not over by any means.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, they were just shit

Considering they were the last band standing in the competition:confused:
  • Options
    laurengirllaurengirl Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    least there still sticking together
  • Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Milkita wrote: »

Is this the boy band Eoghan auditioned for :confused:
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ucra girl wrote: »
    You in the minority though. If you have followed them after the show,they have won most if not all online boyband polls and have had sell out gigs.Barclay won the sexeist boyband member of 2014 beating Nail Horan.

Why do people tthink that you have to be supported on DS to be popular??:confused: I dont think DS got them to 5th position more so above OTY DS favs.

One thing about this forum is if your fav is not popular here go and support them else where,that is what people do.It applies to most shows.

Well they are James,Jake,Reece,Barclay,Tom,Charlie,Chris and Casey

When I read about online boyband polls I think a little bit of my soul just died.

Stereo Kicks will never make it. They are rubbish and are now tainted by being a flop on the sort of show that will pimp pretty boys however rubbish they are. I don't think Louis was remotely interested in them, but why should he be? They were dreaful.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Considering they were the last band standing in the competition:confused:

Because the other were even shittier
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I read about online boyband polls I think a little bit of my soul just died.

Stereo Kicks will never make it. They are rubbish and are now tainted by being a flop on the sort of show that will pimp pretty boys however rubbish they are. I don't think Louis was remotely interested in them, but why should he be? They were dreaful.

Becuase online polls dont mean Digital Spy as you seem to think.Your soul may die more often btw.What DS thinks is irrelevant that is;-)

https://twitter.com/CowellOnline/status/551833411590291456

Because the other were even shittier

And what does that mean?:confused: They were still the best of them all.
  • Options
    blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 3,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sorry but i love the two responses in this thread.

Why did they fail?
    Because they were shit.
    But they where the best placed band in the competition.
    That's because they were even shitter.

Sometimes i love this place! :)

On a serious note, i think it's half half if they get put on a label or not. It's not encouraging that they are still tweeting that sign Stereo Kicks. By the point they left i thought they had done enough personally to get signed but it's no definite. Whats obvious is the success won't be any more than Union J. 1D were clearly a one-off.

They could do what The Vamps are doing, and they are doing moderately well but the market is quite saturated now with 1D copies. 5 Seconds of summer are also there not to mention 1D themselves and McBusted. I don't include Union J as its so obvious they will be dropped now.
  • Options
    drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Becuase online polls dont mean Digital Spy as you seem to think.Your soul may die more often btw.What DS thinks is irrelevant that is;-)

https://twitter.com/CowellOnline/status/551833411590291456.

That Twitter account is hilarious. As if Syco are going to pay attention to some Simon Cowell fan site.
  • Options
    River_TamRiver_Tam Posts: 10,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Musick1 wrote: »

Ain't that the truth!!!