The promised albums that never surfaced

blueface2222blueface2222 Posts: 2,997
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Diana vickers 2nd album

Laura White who is the worst, she had 6 amazing songs doing the rounds on youtube if she had put out on a EP could have been huge for her

Ruth Lorenzo now doing singing sessions......

Danyl Johnson...

Stacey Solomon

Leon Jackson

Lloyd Daniels (EP does not count)

Lucie Jones

Jamie Afro

Kitty Brnell

Darius Danesh been saying it for years

Rachel Hylton

Austin Drage

Paijie Richardson

:(

I struggle to feel sorry for these people. They lead on their fans alot who look forward to these releases and nothig surfaces my gut feel is they say this to save face but are secretly looking for a label but fail to get it. When the consider the costs of releasing independently which is relatively inexpensive to do these days i think they start thinking of saving the money and do the wrong thing. I mean Laura White has so many amazing songs in her catalogue but makes a music video with one of her worst Cathederal. Now they're all irrelevant they are stupid for not cashing in when they could.:( after the x factor contract expires of course.

To be fair those who have have havent done great but i have more respect for them as the fulfilled their promise to their voters.....Katie Waissel, Storm Lee, Niki Evans, Daniel Evans, Frankie Cocoza, Rachel Adedeji, 2 Shoes *claps*

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 674
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At least all these people aren't winners (or are winners with just one album).
    Melanie Amaro won over a year ago and is still yet to release an album, I'm not sure what her label had in mind there...
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Bjkaave wrote: »
    At least all these people aren't winners (or are winners with just one album).
    Melanie Amaro won over a year ago and is still yet to release an album, I'm not sure what her label had in mind there...

This. I feel for her. But she should've had ideas, it's a business.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    This. I feel for her. But she should've had ideas, it's a business.

Yeah, Melanie has also stated in interviews that her long delay has been a "perfection thing". I'm not sure if she really believes that the label had her best interests at headt or if she is just towing the party line but this long delay is in no way a good thing.

In regards to the OP, I know that Ruth Lorenzo did have a major label record deal with EMI/Virgin at one stage but apparently left them due to creative differences, which I think was a mistake on her part if true. She has been saying that her album will be released independently for years now, with the scheduled time constantly being moved back to the end if whatever given year it is. Eg. Last year it was supposed to be released in late 2012, now it is mid to late 2013 and blah blah blah ....
  • AndybearAndybear Posts: 11,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Darius Danesh has released 2 albums which he wrote himself!

He is an extremely well-respected singer-songwriter, actor and star of West End and Broadway musicals.

I suggest the OP check his/her facts before starting threads.
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andybear wrote: »

He is an extremely well-respected singer-songwriter, actor and star of West End and Broadway musicals.

Dont have to be quite so rude! they got one thing wrong why be so crude
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont have to be quite so rude! they got one thing wrong why be so crude

i personally don't consider that especially rude... *not by DS standards anyway* :o...

if anything, they were just a tad more emphatic in pointing out that some artists have indeed other platforms/venues aside from releasing records...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Kitty Brucknell and Daniel Evans have been recording recently.

What I find funny is that the UK has a big music culture but still the people are still attached to the top 40 (and even people out of top 20 are considered "average" or even "flop".)

In other countries, acts from talent shows go straight to independent labels and though they dont find fame and fortune there, they make very intresting records. I dont know why in the UK are so many talented artists that dont release one song in years.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diana's 2nd album will come, eventually. Those 'leaked' songs from her seem to be from sessions that were going to form her original 2nd album that never materialised. This is all for the better as she'll now be able to put out a great record on a different label!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 464
    Forum Member
    Katie Waissel
  • rioniarionia Posts: 1,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

To be fair to the OP, I've been waiting for Darius 3rd album for years :D

I know every now and then he says he's working on, it,

I hope it'll be the a jazz/big band style album he was talking about
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    I'm still a massive fan of both Leon Jackson and Laura White but I just think us loyal fans have been waiting far too long for albums which seriously are starting to seem like they'll never happen. I follow both on facebook. Laura is always going on about recording and being in meetings. Those four songs that were put on YouTube in 2009 were amazing, apart from the one that won the vote to get released, which I'll never understand. We didn't ever get to hear the full versions of the other three and all she's done since then is make a video for a Cathedrals which is a good song but not great. We're fed up of waiting for her album. I think she must be trying to get a recording contract but she would be better off releasing it independently at this stage.
    I have been seriously anticipating Leon Jackson's new album for a long time and I got very excited when he sang tons of new song during a summer tour he did around Britain, thinking he would be releasing an album soon... but he hasn't put anything on facebook or twitter about it at all and I just don't know if anything will come of it anytime soon. I know it will happen but come on, it's been four years since his first album and I think everything would be ready for a second one now. Us loyal fans are dying for his new music! We've all been saying it'll be worth the wait but jeez it's already become too long of a wait.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,240
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Diana Vickers' situation is the worse. She announces a release date every few months, goes silent, then announces another one and then it goes on and on. It's pretty crap to lead your fans on like that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever happened to Wagner's opera album? :confused:
  • PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bjkaave wrote: »
    Yeah, Melanie has also stated in interviews that her long delay has been a "perfection thing". I'm not sure if she really believes that the label had her best interests at headt or if she is just towing the party line but this long delay is in no way a good thing.

In regards to the OP, I know that Ruth Lorenzo did have a major label record deal with EMI/Virgin at one stage but apparently left them due to creative differences, which I think was a mistake on her part if true. She has been saying that her album will be released independently for years now, with the scheduled time constantly being moved back to the end if whatever given year it is. Eg. Last year it was supposed to be released in late 2012, now it is mid to late 2013 and blah blah blah ....

I understand Melanie, perfecting sh*t takes a long time. I mean why would a soulful RnB singer like her do electro ? WHY ? Stay true to your roots and identity !!!! There was a nice gap in the market for her. I do not understand labels sometimes.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    I don't like it when people complain like this, it's extremely hard to get a record deal and even harder to release music/promote music.

All I want is for Ruth and Lucie to get signed. They would do so well....it's not their faults either. If they came 3rd or 4th, they would be doing a lot better than they are now.
  • PJ RiverPJ River Posts: 1,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You mean complain like I did ? I don't like complaining at all but THAT irritates me a lot. Melanie Amaro won the whole show and she gets a huge contract. The least she could do is tell the label that she wants her music to be in the same genre as what she did on the X factor. That's the least. Little Mix have done exactly that and there is a coherence between everything they have done.

As for Melanie, I'm not asking for her to triple platinum, I am just wondering why she is suddenly singing electro. THAT gets people lost. What kind of artist is she ? What family does she belong to ? What is her identity then ?

It is the same thing with Laura White. Very talented girl. Her jazz songs were actually doing good on itunes, I remember and then instead of going towards her natural Norah Jones vibe, she does, like Amaro, an electro song. WHY ? Laura has a perfect jazzy blues voice ! What a waste !

Respect your vocal identity and your roots !!!
  • drakhendrakhen Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Ruth Lorenzo released a song in Spain and it was a moderate hit?
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drakhen wrote: »
    I thought Ruth Lorenzo released a song in Spain and it was a moderate hit?

did she?

she should release something here in the UK as well...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Niki Evans album was great I thought. I was happy she put 'Tell Me It's Not True' on there as it shows she's proud of her respectful career since X Factor in the West End.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PJ River wrote: »
    I understand Melanie, perfecting sh*t takes a long time. I mean why would a soulful RnB singer like her do electro ? WHY ? Stay true to your roots and identity !!!! There was a nice gap in the market for her. I do not understand labels sometimes.

Yeah, I can sort of understand it, obviously I don't understand the entire process of making an album.
    What I do know is that winners of The X Factor only have a small window of opportunity to turn the momentum of their win into a successful career and her label let that close by not releasing her single immediately after she won and then delaying the album until more than a year later.
    Plenty of winners have been a me to get their albums out within 6 -8 months after their win and have done well with them.

Also, yeah I have no idea why they gave her electro songs to sing in the first place, but it was even more bizarre that they continued to do so after her first electro or techno or whatever single died on its arse.. :confused:
  • topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    laura white i think is releasing an album this year. she keeps delaying it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yeah, well respected ....
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Ruth and Lucie have been saying it for ages. But I'm still confident they will. As long as they eventually get around to do it, that's fine. I wish people could be more understanding. Getting funds for an independent release takes AGES then you have to make sure you get at least some form of promo. I want Ruth and Lucie to do it as soon as they feel confident that they will do well, after all a debut is the single most important thing for an artist. They have to get that right or else it won't work, so I don't mind however long it takes, as long as they're making sure it goes perfectly.
  • Dreammaster695Dreammaster695 Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jackbell wrote: »

matt cardle :p
  • AiramAiram Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    jackbell wrote: »

Get over it. At least he tried to do something different with it, having already sung a great version of it at his initial audition in Glasgow and going on to establish himself as one of the best talents in Popstars.

However, anyone could see he'd never be in the group - too tall and too charismatic. His last appearance on the show was playing guitar and singing one of his own compositions. i don't think anyone else on any reality show was given that opportunity until Fame Academy.

When he was cut from the show, Nigel Lythgoe said he would have a number one within 5 years and he was right.

He's turned into one of the most versatile UK vocalists, with a fine bass baritone at his command too.

It's true that many fans, including me, think that Darius doesn't exploit his singing and acting talents as he should..

Perhaps he's happy to wait for new challenges, for example, the lead acting role in a US drama pilot last year, I just don't know.

When he decides to come back to releasing music, I'll be here. Until then, it's his life.