sophie and Brendans Charleston

Comments

• tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QwaarJet wrote: »
    It was good, but not as good as Denise's last year. People will use any excuse to have a go at her.

In YOUR opinion. Not mine. This was fabulous. And all the more so, considering Sophie was dropped on her head in training. It took a lot of guts to get back in there and perfect this routine.
  • miavivmiaviv Posts: 3,134
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Classic charleston relying on the authentic dance style rather than gimmicks - fantastically danced by Sophie and Brendan - well done
  • KaeresteKaereste Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This Charleston was amazing and deserved 4 x 10s. I thought they were under marked last week but am glad that they got top score this week. Brilliant!
  • shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    looked really dangerous too. one of those moves looked like she could've broken her back if she went wrong :eek:
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best dance of the series.
    Such confidence.
  • PinkPetuniaPinkPetunia Posts: 5,479
    Forum Member
    Absolutely brilliant .I loved it . Does any one know if we Irish can vote online .Must go see .
  • tonycollins100tonycollins100 Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    QwaarJet wrote: »
    It was good, but not as good as Denise's last year. People will use any excuse to have a go at her.

I've gone back and looked at JJ/DVO's dance. It was different and it was good, but I liked Sophies better, it was truer to the dance.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Totally fabulous. I want them in the final just so they can dance it again!
  • TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    Sophie has never had any formal dance training though has she;)

The best ever Charleston is still Chris Hollins and Ola's though, just brilliant.

Never ever felt the love for their Charleston :o <or Denise and James:o>

Brendan and Sophie's = classy :)
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sophie has the perfect look to be a flapper. I think they have peaked though
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've gone back and looked at JJ/DVO's dance. It was different and it was good, but I liked Sophies better, it was truer to the dance.

No it wasn't.

I accept that you liked it more, that's your prerogative, but saying that DVO's wasn't 'true' or 'classic' is just wrong.

Sophie's was very good, and it was 'film classic' but look at the swivel on those that do that.

She couldn't.
  • VenetianVenetian Posts: 28,482
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was wonderful, I loved it. When Craig gives a 9 in Week 2 you know something very special has just happened. Well done Sophie and Brendan.
  • Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it might suit her, with it being a crowd pleaser. It was possibly one of the best dances on the program ever though, and I am usually cynical.
  • gary217gary217 Posts: 267
    Forum Member
    Totally brilliant - if Brendan doesn't like the Charleston he might be changing his mind - totally loved it (and it put Abbey's nose out of joint methinks...which is quite nice).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in such a great mood after their performance. It was incredible.
  • aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree it was very good - however there was very little swivel and I didn't notice any open leg moves of any note.

Denise's Charleston was absolutely classic, stuffed with perfect era moves and her footwork and swivel was immaculate.

I didn't love her as a person, but that was a real Charleston. Go and look at some on Youtube - the ones from the past.

I think I can safely say it was Brendan's best Charleston ever ...
  • IzzieStarIzzieStar Posts: 21,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was an absolutely joy to watch and so stylish and sophisticated for a Strictly Charleston.

Didn't expect that from Sophie at all, but I'm so happy for them both!
  • PoppysinbloomPoppysinbloom Posts: 988
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My favourite dance of the night.
  • nagel84nagel84 Posts: 13,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An excellent Charleston. So cool and sassy, and so much better than the gurning, slapstick heavy nonsense we all too often see with SCD Charlestons.
  • RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggs wrote: »

It certainly was:D
  • primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    marvellous dance, well choreographed, well executed, but some of the tricks were a little clumsy.. can't believe this is the same girl as did that rather floppy waltz last week!
  • goldberry1goldberry1 Posts: 2,699
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was wonderful - words can't describe how great it was - well done!!
  • penelopesimpsonpenelopesimpson Posts: 14,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Becky245 wrote: »
    I'm in such a great mood after their performance. It was incredible.

Me too. Gave me a lift. Thought the show was on top form tonight. Less gimmicks, much nicer costumes, some lovely dancing. Still think the music choices are parc, though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    aggs wrote: »

I second this.
  • CamisCamis Posts: 13,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bloody brilliant for week 2. Just imagine the scores if it had been a couple of weeks later...