Proof?? Brookside set to return!!!

Comments

• TonyWTonyW Posts: 372
    Forum Member
    (Barry had just heard Damon's killer had neen released from Jail and was off to "sort him out" - we were supposed to get a DVD of that called "Unfinished Business" but it never appeared).
    A DVD entitled 'Unfinished Business' was released, but that was about Tinhead and Steve Murray getting revenge on the guy who killed Tinhead's wife in the siege the year before.

A trailer on that DVD mentions 'Settlin' Up', a follow-up DVD that follows Barry tracking down Damon's killers after hearing of their release from jail. Unfortunately, this DVD hasn't made it to the shelves.
  • JAMIE22UKJAMIE22UK Posts: 1,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where Did Leanne Lance Katie And Rachel Sammy Go I Much Rather Brookie Was Still About Than Rubbish Like Holby City Casualty The Bill And Doctors Heartbeat And The Royal Lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TonyW wrote: »
    A DVD entitled 'Unfinished Business' was released, but that was about Tinhead and Steve Murray getting revenge on the guy who killed Tinhead's wife in the siege the year before.

A trailer on that DVD mentions 'Settlin' Up', a follow-up DVD that follows Barry tracking down Damon's killers after hearing of their release from jail. Unfortunately, this DVD hasn't made it to the shelves.

I know thats why we started our Brookside DVD Campaign. have you heard about it? i have posted enough times about it on here already lol, trying to see if DS would help by making some sort of headline for us!

What do you think?
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    can anyone tell me what happened to the characters of Katie, Sammy, Mike, Rachel, Jacqui & Max in the last few weeks as from what i can remember they just disappeared!

i didnt watch all episodes so im guessing i missed the ones when they left!
  • SnappSnapp Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IIRC Katie & Sammy moved abroad a few weeks before the show ended. Mike, Rachel, Jacqui & Max were all still around but Max wasn't appearing on screen as the actor didn't renew his contract for the last 6 awful months.

Nobody in their right mind will invest money in resurrecting Brookside. The show died a a slow & painful unwatched death.
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i miss jimmy corkhill, he was good when he was teaching till he lost it lol.
  • ontheloop54ontheloop54 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LindyLupin wrote: »
    I would absolutely love to watch a re-run of the early years again, assuming Phil still has them somewhere. A smart move if Five got them. I think it has enough of a cult following to pull in some decent ratings.

I don't think that would be possible, as I read a lot of episodes have been lost (wiped) :(
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Snapp wrote: »
    IIRC Katie & Sammy moved abroad a few weeks before the show ended. Mike, Rachel, Jacqui & Max were all still around but Max wasn't appearing on screen as the actor didn't renew his contract for the last 6 awful months.

Nobody in their right mind will invest money in resurrecting Brookside. The show died a a slow & painful unwatched death.

Thanks;)
  • bazellisbazellis Posts: 5,405
    Forum Member
    I don't think that would be possible, as I read a lot of episodes have been lost (wiped) :(

I've got them all on tape!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    These type of discussions can never seem to go very far without Crosroads getting a mention can they? What I fail to see is the connection really between Brookie being Brought back or Crossroads. Lets be honest Brookie has never been the butt of every comedians jokes has it? Crossroads never really stood a chance at all. People used to slag it off when it was on originally based on hearsay, having heard someone say it was crap! Then we have the acorn antiques image, I mean come on who was going to ever give it a serious chance! to be fair since its demise from ITV daytime, ITV have never had a programme in that timeslot rate as high as it did. I believe had the awful MK3 version never been made and had it stayed closer to MK 2 incarnation and possibly linking more to MK 1 then it could have grown. ITV never listened to feedback and rode rough shod over the shows fans. Back to Brookside, I sincerely hope it does come back, it was good in its day and still could be good if who ever were to make it listened to the shows fans and didnt make the mistake ITV did with Crossroads of ignoring its past. Continuity has to be of top priority with ages, history and charecters surnames being classed as being important! Brookside could become a twice weekly gritty drama, post watershed with powerful storylines. One last thing......why dont E4 give friends a break and show early Brookie or Hollyoaks? for goodness sake hasnt friends been shown enough now? even the programme announcers make a joke of this!
    Bring back Brookie!!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Hey if proof were needed of its popularity & interest in the series still at the time of writing this....4498 people have viewed this thread!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    exactly.... ^^^^ and we have 3 pages of replies already. not bad ey?

I just hope it comes back...

we should all email Dean Sullivan?

dean@citytalk.fm
  • Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    leelad05 wrote: »
    exactly.... ^^^^ and we have 3 pages of replies already. not bad ey?

I just hope it comes back...

we should all email Dean Sullivan?

dean@citytalk.fm

Don't be too persistant, might p*ss him off a bit.

Just ask him what he meant by brookside returning.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thats what i ment lol..... he could mention abit more about it on the show...
  • RainRain Posts: 9,688
    Forum Member
    He should have been more clear about it though, maybe he was trying to regenerate interest.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because the guy playing Max left the show they couldn't finish the storyline that was still going on of him being guilty of pushing Susannah down the stairs and killing her! Thinking of them again reminds me of some brilliant storylines Brookie had. Like when Max and Susannah crashed their car and both their kids, who were in the back, were killed but they lived. I think it was them that it happened to anyway.
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TonyW wrote: »

Here's that trailer, it looks brillaint - shame it never got finished. :cry:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=uG4fgKuNO8M
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,460
    Forum Member
    Brookside, i used to love Brookside.

I partly blame Channel 4 for its demise, it was shunted around the scheduling like a god knows dont know what. They should have left it in its orginal slot. Brookside did have some cracking storylines and characters but it did eventually get too sensationalist in the end, the Gordons wernt a great addition either and did the show no favours.

Who knows, if they had left Brookie in its orginal slot it might still be here now.

Hollyoaks, use the petrol station, Bar Brookie, Doctors, Flats, Gym, Club set anyway as the SU Bar and so forth.

Crossroads, Mark Two was great ITV however needed to ride the rough with the smooth, and i think it could have still been with us if left alone.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will little Anthony be in it? He is big Anthony now.

I loved the Jimmy Corkhill character.
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was sorry to see Brookside end as I really enjoyed the soap for many years. Remember the Jordashes and the body of Mandys husband Trevor buried under the patio in their back garden. Man, that sure had me and many other people I knew at the time on the edge of our seats.
    If it didn't return, it would be great if they would show the soap right from the beginning because where I lived at the time I couldn't get a signal for Channel 4 and didn't see it until halfway through 1986 when I moved house.
  • ontheloop54ontheloop54 Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kodachrome wrote: »
    If it didn't return, it would be great if they would show the soap right from the beginning because where I lived at the time I couldn't get a signal for Channel 4 and didn't see it until halfway through 1986 when I moved house.

They can't though really as some episodes have been lost/deleted from the archives :(

Has anyone else visited the set? I went many years ago with the family as one of them supplied stock for the shops on the parade...was a great day out, looked round the set (remember La Luz? It was tiny!) and met the late great Gladys Ambrose and saw a few others from the cast including Barry Grant!! :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    Got to join the chorus of people wanting Brookside back. I'm the person who sent the email in to Dean originally, and was quite excited to hear of the possibility of it coming back. It could come back without the original Close if it was sold off, but that would be wrong as it's a guaranteed feature of the show.

I want it brought back, I just don't want a hash made of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    welcome to DS pete, well we would all love abit of brookie back on our screens.......
  • 2Legit2Quit2Legit2Quit Posts: 4,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee, did you go to the Close on Tuesday like you said you might? I was just wondering if people can still have a look round....

Here's my tour of the Close for anyone who hasn't seen it:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6njaHlOazmo
  • SnappSnapp Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They can't though really as some episodes have been lost/deleted from the archives :(

Really? Most of the 90's eps were repeated on Living & Sky 1 a few years ago and its hard to believe that they were still deleting tapes by the 1980's.