CS: Chris Gascoigne...

12346»

Comments

• Options
    IndegIndeg Posts: 1,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sylar11 wrote: »
    I totally agree there. For me, Peter seems to be genuinely in love with Leanne, whereas he is very fond of Carla in that they have similar personalities and can relate to one another. Also, he's not blind, and thus perhaps fancies her a bit.
    I agree. Peter was never prepared to risk his relationship with Leanne for Carla's sake. He was concerned for Carla once he knew she had a problem, felt responsible for her, and he does really like her as a mate, enjoys hanging out with her, considers her attractive. But he never saw her as anything more than a friend and has withdrawn his friendship from her more than once when she overstepped the mark, because he was not prepared to risk what he has with Leanne. Despite everything he said about how Carla's feelings for him didn't have to affect their friendship, he was awkward and wary every time she approached him once she'd admitted those feelings, at least until he was reassured that her intentions were honourable this time. He likes Carla a lot, but Leanne is the one he is in love with and Leanne is his top priority...but he's never quite been able to bring himself to turn his back on Carla completely, not when she asks him for help. And that makes for a fascinating tension in both relationships.
  • Options
    StykerStyker Posts: 49,863
    Forum Member
    He's the one who used to play Barry Kent in The Secret Diary Of Adrian Mole!
  • Options
    Shazla09Shazla09 Posts: 29,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    He's the one who used to play Barry Kent in The Secret Diary Of Adrian Mole!

Yeah I thought I recognised him when he first appeared with Shelley
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    Mamaboogie wrote: »
    Yup - agree on both points!:D

I like the fact that he isn't a 'hunk' or a 'pretty boy' brought in to obviously charm the ladies.

He's much more realistically attractive and charismatic.

Also a really natural actor. My favourite on Corrie - hope they don't spoil the character too much.

Agreed with everything. He seems laid back as well):
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed - a natural actor
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old thread. Same thoughts. Wish I'd spelt his name properly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love him and Peter, but I found his behaviour last night abysmal.
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love him and Peter, but I found his behaviour last night abysmal.

They've ruined him. There's just no excuse for him now. You could understand the attraction with Carla, though I was a bit disappointed that they went down that route with him after his romantic dash to the station to stop Leanne going to London (his finest hour IMO) he seemed to have sorted out his differences with Leanne. They just won't let characters develop naturally.

But I still think he's quite attractive, though I preferred hinm without the goatee.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm admittedly biased because I love Carla and Peter together, but I never found their affair seedy because there were true feelings behind it, and it had over a year of build up, there was the rape element etc.

But this...risking his marriage with the woman he fought so hard to be with, losing his son in the process, for what? A cheap thrill with the barmaid he has no intention of leaving his wife for. I think cheating with someone you feel nothing for is far worse than cheating with someone you have feelings for. Meanwhile Carla was visiting her dying friend! Ugh the whole thing made me sick, I usually try and justify Peter's behaviour and I always root for Carla and Peter but I don't think I can anymore :(
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good point. Mods how do we do this?