What shows and stations are live on Christmas Day?

AdsAds Posts: 37,037
Forum Member
Not many I suspect, it will mostly be precorded stuff. I guess most live shows will be the morning ones?

Comments

• Paul_HayesPaul_Hayes Posts: 170
    Forum Member
    At BBC Radio Norfolk, we're live for the breakfast show with David Whiteley from 6am to 10am, and then Nick Conrad for mid-morning from 10am to 1pm.

We're then playing a pre-recorded Salvation Army carol concert from the Royal Albert Hall which many BBC locals are running this Christmas through until 2pm, when we go regional and share with our fellow BBC East stations.

The 6pm to 9pm programme, a Keith Skues special, will originate from Norfolk, from Keith's home studio on the Broads.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member
    Cruisin' normally do live on Christmas morning through till early-mid afternoon....
    http://www.cruisinradio.net/

Not confirmed for this year though.
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Paul_Hayes wrote: »
    At BBC Radio Norfolk, we're live for the breakfast show with David Whiteley from 6am to 10am, and then Nick Conrad for mid-morning from 10am to 1pm.

We're then playing a pre-recorded Salvation Army carol concert from the Royal Albert Hall which many BBC locals are running this Christmas through until 2pm, when we go regional and share with our fellow BBC East stations.

The 6pm to 9pm programme, a Keith Skues special, will originate from Norfolk, from Keith's home studio on the Broads.

Is that the same Nick Conrad who does WM on Saturdays?
  • tom_htom_h Posts: 255
    Forum Member
    Westy2 wrote: »

Yes it is, he does Norfolk weekday mid-mornings and WM's Saturday mid-morning show.
  • occyoccy Posts: 64,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I 'm guessing most are live in the Mornings for Breakfast, so people can phone in and wish everyone a Merry Christmas etc. I remember some Radio shows used to do a swap a present show.

I know Aled Jones and Ed Stewart will be Live on Radio 2 Christmas Day and LBC 97.3 will be Live all day...

Personally I don't know why all stations don't get together and have one DJ which plays just Christmas Songs on Christmas Eve, cause that's all I've heard all day :D:D
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC Radio1- Greg James is live 6-10 then its pre recorded best of live lounges, Scott Mills is live at 1 then its pre recorded stuff straight through the day
  • Westy2Westy2 Posts: 14,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    occy wrote: »

Personally I don't know why all stations don't get together and have one DJ which plays just Christmas Songs on Christmas Eve, cause that's all I've heard all day :D:D

Isn't that what the big groups do at Christmas anyway?
  • radioanorakradioanorak Posts: 4,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    www.sunshinegold.co.uk
    Live shows on Christmas Day
    8am - 12 noon
    2pm - 4 pm
    All Uk times
  • Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    occy wrote: »
    LBC 97.3 will be Live all day...

LBC takes a break from 5-7am for In Conversation, 2-3pm for a repeat of the carol concert and 6-7pm for Nick Ferrari's One-on-One interview.
  • smeg_headsmeg_head Posts: 575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sunshine Radio Hereford/Mon is usually live up until the Queen on Xmas Day.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gold appears to be live from 7am-midnight. Radio Jackie are live throughout the day with a break between 4-5am to allow Jerry Wright to take a break before returning with early breakfast.
  • Paul_HayesPaul_Hayes Posts: 170
    Forum Member

Yes indeed - as has been said, he works for us during the week, and then for WM on Saturdays, and sometimes deputises for Stephen Nolan on 5 Live too.
  • pjexpjex Posts: 9,315
    Forum Member
    jonjons wrote: »
    BBC Radio1- Greg James is live 6-10 then its pre recorded best of live lounges, Scott Mills is live at 1 then its pre recorded stuff straight through the day

Is Scott really live, seems odd going to a pre record 10-1 then coming back live at 1 when not many will be listening.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    Scott Mills is on pretty much all week, isn't he? If I were him, I'd pre-record every single one.. Why would anyone want to work over Christmas?
  • ceemageceemage Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't that what the big groups do at Christmas anyway?

I think you mis-spelled "all the time" as "at Christmas." Hope this helps!
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know BBC Newcastle's Christmas Carol concert is pre-recorded, cos I was in the audience :D
  • michael1152michael1152 Posts: 1,966
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think on Christmas Day, BBC Newcastle is live at the floowing times: 7-10am Michael Poulter, 11am-2pm Peter Grant, and 9pm-12am John Caine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC London 94.9 are live until 3pm with the Inspirit religious breakfast show, Jo Good and Tony Blackburn, then returns at 10pm with Sunny and Shay covering the late show and Dotun Adebayo on overnight.
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,668
    Forum Member
    I believe daytime Radio 2 will only be live for two hours between 9am and 11am
  • jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjex wrote: »
    Is Scott really live, seems odd going to a pre record 10-1 then coming back live at 1 when not many will be listening.

Would he be getting a lot of money for doing it live?

he said today, hes seen tomorrows playlist and its all christmas songs
  • Andy23Andy23 Posts: 15,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonjons wrote: »
    Would he be getting a lot of money for doing it live?

he said today, hes seen tomorrows playlist and its all christmas songs

He's probably seen it because he's already recorded it. I doubt he will be live tomorrow.

I wonder if he'll be live on Boxing Day either.
  • kipperthecatkipperthecat Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cambridge 105 are covering Mindnight Mass as a live OB from the Roman Catholic Church in the Centre of Cambridge (as I type) - and the Breakfast show will be live too!!
  • Andy WalmsleyAndy Walmsley Posts: 841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BBC Local stations try to have as much live as possible as due to the compliance rules (post Brand/Ross) anything recorded needs to be approved by a senior member of staff.
  • Seagull259Seagull259 Posts: 1,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wave 105 live with Steve Power at the moment.
  • connor the judgconnor the judg Posts: 8,961
    Forum Member
    BBC WM is live from 06:00 -11:00 and then from 21:00 - 00:00