Spoilers & Information Beginning to Come In (Part 2)

Comments

• guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
  • claire2281claire2281 Posts: 17,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    She's obviously not pregnant in the Christmas promo shots so it's either she was never pregnant or she's had the baby.

It doesn't seem particularly realistic that Clara would leave her newborn behind to step in the TARDIS with the Doctor tbh.
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moffat in the latest DWM basically said the Orson/Danny connection is only linked to Clara in the fact she informed their family of Danny's sacrifice and gave them back the toy solider. Adding they made sure to not confirm any biological connection during Listen.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    claire2281 wrote: »
    It doesn't seem particularly realistic that Clara would leave her newborn behind to step in the TARDIS with the Doctor tbh.

True.

And at the moment I'm leaning towards her never being pregnant (despite the dates adding up to 9 months.)

However she clearly isn't sleeping in her own flat so could well be staying at her Father's house for Christmas so wouldn't be leaving the baby (if there is one) alone as such.

Plus we don't know exactly how she ends up in the TARDIS, she may end up there against her will.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That trailer... The chalkboard... Argh! :s
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    What's the Monster in the Doctor Who trailer?

Looks like Reptile from the Mortal Kombat series...

But will his appearance around Clara....FINISH HER? :confused:
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T-T-T-T-Trackboy
    [Clara] will be in series 9, but not for long.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »
    T-T-T-T-Trackboy

Who he? Can they be more specific? Half the run, say? Or 3 and a half minutes in episode 1? Assuming he's an alleged "insider" so I insist upon more concrete details!

I've actually heard that she's only in the first 3 episodes from a very reliable source that I cannot name.

Nah. But this is easy, innit!
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member

You. Are. Dying.

Yikes.

Good trailer though.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who he?

The one who keeps this thread propped up with actual information on occasion - when his posts aren't being deleted.

Ben Daniels was clearly never in the running. Sister ship of the Madame de Pompadour in London is unlikely. There's no way The Doctor will let a random Coal Hill student called Courtney take a trip in the TARDIS. Into the Dalek is a silly title. No way to say that the finale is the only two-parter. If it's not Charles Dance then The Master is obviously not returning. If Kill the Moon is set on the moon, how can it also have Coal Hill scenes? Mummy on a train - that's so 2010. What the hell does flatlining have to do with dimensional changes? Deep Breath won't be 75 minutes.

I look forward to doing all this again through to Series 9 airing :p

Because Moffat is the only guy who knows anything about anything. He writes, directs, films it all himself in his basement and he even dresses up as the characters. No wonder he gets it all in a muddle in his own head sometimes :D
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've actually heard that she's only in the first 3 episodes from a very reliable source that I cannot name.

:D:D
    I wonder how long it will be before this scoop of yours is being quoted around the internet as a fact...! If it comes from a 'reliable source' it must be true. ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I look forward to building this list again.

Episode 1 - The Magician's Apprentice
    Written by Steven Moffat || Directed by ????

Title supposedly leaked from the BFI screening of Last Christmas and advanced copies which have now been distributed (and watched). First read-through has also supposedly taken place for Series 9. The Doctor returns....

( Source previously dropped the Matrix Data Slice / Gallifreyan Hard Drive clue )
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, Moffat revealed the title at the BFI. Surprised they haven't just... made it official :p

As BBC Director General Tony Hall put it before the London premiere: "The Doctor finally gets to meet Santa Claus, with some unexpected results."

The Mirror Preview
    Those who have felt that the 12th Doctor has been overly dour throughout his time will find much to cheer about, particularly in the last act of the episode.

http://scifibulletin.com/doctor-who/reviews/doctor-who-review-series-8-episode-13-last-christmas-spoiler-free/
    @TheTellyRocket
    Top xmas ep of #DoctorWho. St Nicholas Frost the stand-out as your perfect Santa, but some scary stuff too

@TheTellyRocket ·
    So impressed to see Peter Capaldi spend so much time with young fans (and much older ones!) after the show. What a complete pro #DoctorWho
  • VideoTapirVideoTapir Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Magician's Apprentice makes me think the title could refer to the Doctor's companion, implying we might get a new one at the start of series 9. Purely speculation, of course.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VideoTapir wrote: »
    The Magician's Apprentice makes me think the title could refer to the Doctor's companion, implying we might get a new one at the start of series 9. Purely speculation, of course.
    Paul Daniels.
  • VideoTapirVideoTapir Posts: 646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Paul Daniels.

I like that idea. Not a lot, but I like it.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Maybe the title is a reflection on the Doctor/companion dynamic.

I'm thinking we're getting a new companion in the episode.
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shawn_Lunn wrote: »
    Maybe the title is a reflection on the Doctor/companion dynamic.

I'm thinking we're getting a new companion in the episode.

Or... is that what we're supposed to think?
  • PalmerwhoPalmerwho Posts: 1,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Or it could be the introduction of a second companion, who meets The Doctor via Clara. Hence "Magician's" Apprentice maybe?
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the title. I liked the Twelth Doctor's line about looking like a magician. And yes, it does hint at the possibility of a new companion. Of course even if that's the case, it doesn't necessarily mean Clara is leaving. Double-checked with my source and Jenna's definately in the first three episodes at least.

(well, a man can try. ;-) )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DWM 482 exclusive preview... 7 pages Including the interview with Jenna. It's certainly not giving anything away...

DWM482 preview
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    Referring to Dan Starkey: "He’s been in three consecutive Christmas specials, which is a record for a non-regular."

Do the maths, Moffat! It's a record, full stop! It'll also be Jenna's third (the first as Victorian Clara, the others as modern Clara). Amy, Donna and Rose were in two each.
  • Whovian1109Whovian1109 Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JAS84 wrote: »
    Referring to Dan Starkey: "He’s been in three consecutive Christmas specials, which is a record for a non-regular."

Do the maths, Moffat! It's a record, full stop! It'll also be Jenna's third (the first as Victorian Clara, the others as modern Clara). Amy, Donna and Rose were in two each.

Worth pointing out that Tennant was in 5 in a row and Smith 4.
  • PaperSkinPaperSkin Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So Last Christmas has had a screening, wonder if any spoilers or hints about Clara's future will get out.
This discussion has been closed.