Excellent Semi Final

DandemDandem Posts: 13,340
Forum Member
✭✭
I'm gonna inject a little positivity here :D

I really enjoyed tonight's show. I thought the majority of the contestant's performances were great, I thought the Group Performances with their coaches were good fun, there was a great atmosphere for most of the show with the coaches smiling and dancing, and even the guest performances weren't atrocious like I'm accustomed to seeing.

I LOVED IT!

Comments

• Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't listen to the moaners on her (only joking love you all really :D) I enjoyed it tonight much better the last week it went much faster tonight as well.
  • AMS13AMS13 Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »

I really enjoyed tonight's show. I thought the majority of the contestant's performances were great, I thought the Group Performances with their coaches were good fun, there was a great atmosphere for most of the show with the coaches smiling and dancing, and even the guest performances weren't atrocious like I'm accustomed to seeing.

I LOVED IT!

Completely agree with you. Also enjoyed Shakira, fantastic show.
  • SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    Well, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The right people are in the final, I think, although I would have picked Lee over Jamie (who is good, too).
  • SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    I'm hoping that they made a mistake with the voting and Bizzi is back in at the expense of tedious Sally or even that screeching Christina Marie - well, I can live in hope!
  • RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member

I LOVED IT!

I agree.

If im being honest I would have said Bizzii and Chris were better than their counterparts in Sally and Christina Marie tonight but im not upset Christina Marie and Sally are through, they are both still really good. As it stands with the finalists Christina Marie is probably the closest thing they have to a "Modern Day" performer taking the crown anyway so it could be good for the show. :)
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Don't listen to the moaners on her (only joking love you all really :D) I enjoyed it tonight much better the last week it went much faster tonight as well.

I agree. I enjoyed it a lot more than last week too. Last week was like an ordeal having to sit through it. This week I knew/enjoyed a lot of the songs and the guest spots, and it all seemed a lot more relaxed and spontaneous.
  • Hybrid telliesHybrid tellies Posts: 1,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great semi final show and looking forward to the final
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. I enjoyed it a lot more than last week too. Last week was like an ordeal having to sit through it. This week I knew/enjoyed a lot of the songs and the guest spots, and it all seemed a lot more relaxed and spontaneous.

I think it was just the fact the first Live put a lot of nerves into everyone I mean that was both Kylie's and Ricky's first live tv if am not mistaken so they where bout to be a little nervous same with the contestants.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I LOVED IT!

Thank heavens for you OP! I began it think I was watching a completely different show, last night was terrific! Fun, original and slick and not a - "You absolutely nailed it!" in sight. Tom and Will both doing Bowie - brilliantly with everyone out of their seats partying. Harmonies really showcased what great choices they'd both made and all in all a fantastic evening's entertainment.
  • fireemblemcrazefireemblemcraze Posts: 7,436
    Forum Member
    Well, I thoroughly enjoyed it. The right people are in the final, I think, although I would have picked Lee over Jamie (who is good, too).

Yeah everyone was quite good today even Bizzi who I normally never notice.

I would have picked Lee over Jamie too tbh. Shame really Lee did such a fantastic job last night. But I can see why Jamie went through as he preformed the best he's ever performed last night.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah everyone was quite good today even Bizzi who I normally never notice.

I would have picked Lee over Jamie too tbh. Shame really Lee did such a fantastic job last night. But I can see why Jamie went through as he preformed the best he's ever performed last night.

Yes, I must admit with Lee previously doing his weird covers, they'd distracted me from just how good a singer he was. Last night was amazing, but maybe too late for people to turn around their original perceptions.
  • _NiallDEE__NiallDEE_ Posts: 13,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree, thought pretty much every performance was great. Particularly liked Sophie May - I thought her version of Royals was FAR better than the original, both in terms of arrangement and her vocals. I literally can't stop listening to it! I was sad to see her go after it but I really like Jermain as well. I hope she releases music after this, even if it is under a small indie label as she's got such a brilliant voice and style and I feel there's so much more she could do. But yes, overall this series has had the highest standard of performers The Voice so far!
  • SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

The four 'judges' would agree as these are their 4 saves from last week