Options

Xperia Z3 text messaging puzzler.

FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
Forum Member
My neighbour has been round to mine tonight almost tearing his hair out (not that he has much) over his new phone - Sony Xperia Z3.

This issue he has is with text messaging and delivery receipts. I have to say that having spent some time with the phone trying to assist it has me stumped to.

This is what happens - he sends a text and the recipient receives it. However, he gets no notification the text has been delivered. If he receives a text then a sound plays along with a notification.

I have been into settings and all the following are checked - Notification tone - sound selected, Notifications - notify of new messages int the status bar - checked
Notification vibration - vibrate when receiving new messages - checked
Notification light - checked
Delivery report - checked
MMS read reports - Request and send MMS read reports - checked

A real puzzler - when I send a text with my Galaxy a get a vibration alert along with delivery notification.

Are we missing something? :confused:

Comments

• Options
    FaustFaust Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    Ah! I've found something on the good old interweb. Apparently when a message is successfully delivered a tiny little tick appears next to the actual message. Both my neighbour and myself were looking for a delivery notification in the notifications drawer along with an audible sound.

Pretty poor implementation compared to the Galaxy if you ask me. Why no vibration or similar.