Options

Tess - nice but dim

mushypeasmushypeas Posts: 158
Forum Member
Did she seriously think that Jake and Janette had been in the DO before :o Janette had to correct her and she still didn't cop on!
She really does just turn up and read the autocue doesn't she? Maybe she should get Vernon to give her a recap before each show :D

Comments

• Options
    mad_madge_morrimad_madge_morri Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's easy for us to sit in our arm chairs with a glass of wine and watch her foot go into her mouth. The show is live, she has someone talking incessantly in her ear, cock ups are bound to happen. That's live TV for you
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 161
    Forum Member
    It's easy for us to sit in our arm chairs with a glass of wine and watch her foot go into her mouth. The show is live, she has someone talking incessantly in her ear, cock ups are bound to happen. That's live TV for you

This is her job. Sure there are mistakes since even Tess isn't a cyborg, but to be corrected on something and still not realise you were wrong isn't a good sign.

- Was this on Sunday's show?
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mushypeas wrote: »
    Did she seriously think that Jake and Janette had been in the DO before :o Janette had to correct her and she still didn't cop on!
    She really does just turn up and read the autocue doesn't she? Maybe she should get Vernon to give her a recap before each show :D

She must be using some sort of invisible glasses like Google Glass if she is reading everything off the 'autocue'. I have never noticed one near her and it would often be very difficult have a Teleprompter near enough to be able to read.

She seems to use cards as aide memoires, hardly surprising considering the number of details to remember and need to get them correct. Some sections will need to be said exactly right because they are cues for the next item to start.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 486
    Forum Member
    She isn't nice, she's absolutely ice cold. And has no talent as a presenter whatsoever.
  • Options
    MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    She must be using some sort of invisible glasses like Google Glass if she is reading everything off the 'autocue'. I have never noticed one near her and it would often be very difficult have a Teleprompter near enough to be able to read.

She seems to use cards as aide memoires, hardly surprising considering the number of details to remember and need to get them correct. Some sections will need to be said exactly right because they are cues for the next item to start.
    She must have "LOOK, they're on their feet" on one of the cards. Either than, there's someone talking to her via an ear piece and going "Tell the coople the audience are on their feet in 3, 2, 1, go"
  • Options
    A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think your rather rude, but the old saying goes, it takes one to recognise one.

It's live TV try it, see how good you are before throwing stones.
  • Options
    primerprimer Posts: 6,370
    Forum Member
    she is a bit clunky but i think that is because she has the responsibility of keeping the whole show together and trying to manage a bunch of renegades... she always has had to do that, even/especially when brucie was around, so i think she struggles to relax and act natural...:D

she's ok though, we need one grown up on the show, and claudia provides a great foil.
  • Options
    abigail1234abigail1234 Posts: 1,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    primer wrote: »
    she is a bit clunky but i think that is because she has the responsibility of keeping the whole show together and trying to manage a bunch of renegades... she always has had to do that, even/especially when brucie was around, so i think she struggles to relax and act natural...:D

she's ok though, we need one grown up on the show, and claudia provides a great foil.

Well put.
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she is rather dim.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mind Tess too much - although she has never struck me as a natural presenter. In contrast, on the week's when Zoe filled in she did come across very naturally - she made the job look easy, which takes some skill.

Claudia is my fave, she really has me laughing out loud on so many occasions - mostly when she appears to say something off the cuff or under her breath - and then looks to the camera as if to say "I shouldn't really have said that...."

I also think Zoe is a lot of fun. Her and Claud always look like they are enjoying themselves, whereas Tess doesn't half the time. She looks like she's "trying' to enjoy it.
  • Options
    breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »

They are often mounted on the cameras. You therefore won't see them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    Now that most of the celebs have had their characters assassinated it's now Tess' turn. And, of course, you are all mensa members.
  • Options
    LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't say I've ever been a fan of Tess. She's okay. But she's not funny or entertaining. She seems wooden and awkward. When she has to be spontaneous it just comes across as cringy. And I think working with Claudia does her no favours because Claudia is extremely funny and charming imho, It seems very natural to Claudia whereas Tess seems very wooden.

Zoe was the same. Much more natural and funny.

But there's also nothing to dislike about her. She seems like a perfectly nice woman and the people in charge are obviously happy with the job she's doing.
  • Options
    MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lyceum wrote: »
    I can't say I've ever been a fan of Tess. She's okay. But she's not funny or entertaining. She seems wooden and awkward. When she has to be spontaneous it just comes across as cringy. And I think working with Claudia does her no favours because Claudia is extremely funny and charming imho, It seems very natural to Claudia whereas Tess seems very wooden.

Zoe was the same. Much more natural and funny.

But there's also nothing to dislike about her. She seems like a perfectly nice woman and the people in charge are obviously happy with the job she's doing.
    The PTB that are systematically dumbing down the program overall so she's right at home :-)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    She isn't nice, she's absolutely ice cold. And has no talent as a presenter whatsoever.

Wheras you are very nice, warm, and ooze talent.
  • Options
    emmaxxsemmaxxs Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Tess, she does a good job at keeping everything together and on time but when it comes to adding any personality she is found lacking. The more she tries the more cringey she is. Feel a bit sorry for her, but find myself wishing i didn't have to fast forward alot of her bits.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She has improved and is now a decent presenter.
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    Well she is rather dim.

She acquired the same number of O levels I did, which requires the capacity to learn, and I think I' m reasonably on the ball....
  • Options
    londongirlGrelondongirlGre Posts: 23,413
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm just watching it again and she didn't think that they had been in DO, before.
  • Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tess should thank he lucky stars that the Producers choose her to be the blonde model on the arm of Bruce when the show started.

Claudia is quirky funny and Zoe sharp and professional.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    breppo wrote: »
    They are often mounted on the cameras. You therefore won't see them.

You often see the cameras.
  • Options
    MontyDMontyD Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did have to laugh when she asked both dance off couples what dance they were doing. Despite the couples wearing the outfits they did the same dance in on the main show.

Highly unlikely Mark was going to do his VW without his shoes.
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wazzyboy wrote: »
    She acquired the same number of O levels I did, which requires the capacity to learn, and I think I' m reasonably on the ball....

I give up!!!
  • Options
    wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hamlet77 wrote: »
    I give up!!!

Good :D
  • Options
    poshnoshposhnosh Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tess's biggest problem is that she has to work very hard at being natural.