Diet Cherry Coke hits UK!

Comments

• jobbie8jobbie8 Posts: 538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DenPerry wrote:
    Asda, Tescos, Co-Op, they pretty much all do. Well they do in Birmingham anyway.
    Somerfield dont sell Cherry Coke 2 ltr but will sell Diet Cherry Coke, I get mine from the Co-op and Morrisons
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In New Zealand they have Raspberry Coke!
  • Alpha-Sun2Alpha-Sun2 Posts: 2,386
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jobbie8 wrote:
    The lemon and lime flavours are staying as is cherry, although in the US lemon is going! I know a guy from Coke UK and he said lime is the best flavoured seller.
    I was never into vanilla coke though, but sad to see it go here and the US :(
    Vanilla Coke

that's just the pits. i love Vanilla cola. hope pepsi jump on the Vanilla bandwagon
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    jobbie8 wrote:
    In New Zealand they have Raspberry Coke!

That sounds lush! Have you tried that? Slightly off topic but when I was in NY in December I tried Wild Cherry Pepsi and that was really nice too.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Havent tried raspberry, but might get some shipped over, it does sound nice. Seen Wild Cherry Pepsi, does anyone remember Cherry Pepsi in UK and I recall a strawberry pepsi in the 90's too
    Forum Member
    Again slightly off topic Pepsi have been doing some exotic flavours over here too. Over Xmas there was Pepsi Max Punch (which was lovely) and yesterday I bought some Pepsi Max Coffee Cino (yes, coffee flavoured Pepsi) from Asda which I must say I think is really nice!
  • ironflowerironflower Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chie wrote:
    Coca Cola might not be great for your health, but if you're going to make such statements, please get your facts right first.

There is more acid in an apple than there is in a can of coca cola. I once left a lettuce leaf in glass of coca cola for a week, and nothing happened to it. I did the same with a 2p coin and there wasn't much difference with that either.

And, it is doing nothing to our insides, because our stomachs produce acid to break down food. This acid is much much stronger than the acid found in coke. The entire lining of our insides is therefore protected against damage from acid, so don't worry, you're not going to dissolve from the inside out :D

I realise we're not going to dissolve!!! :eek:
    But there is no way Coke is "good" for us, whereas an "acidic" apple has more vitamins etc than you could write on a piece of A4.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DenPerry wrote:
    Again slightly off topic Pepsi have been doing some exotic flavours over here too. Over Xmas there was Pepsi Max Punch (which was lovely) and yesterday I bought some Pepsi Max Coffee Cino (yes, coffee flavoured Pepsi) from Asda which I must say I think is really nice!

Ive heard that coke have a coffee flavour version too, Coke Blak I think its called.
  • SparkleBabeSparkleBabe Posts: 17,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say Cherry Coke tastes like cat piss. I cannot understand how anyone can drink it, its almost as bad as Vanilla coke which churns my stomach just thinking about.
    Forum Member
    Hmmm, cat piss. So refreshing!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sat here drinking Pepsi Max Cino (the coffee one) while reading this thread. It shouldn't work but it does.

Sad to hear Vanilla Coke is going but Diet Cherry Cola rules all, so glad that's coming instead.
  • blackmagicblackmagic Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pepsi Blue was an insanely nice drink whilst it was being produced, Mmmmm, berry fusion!

But I hear they don't produce it anymore as it was not very popular? I don't understand that because it quickly became my all-time favourite drink after having some.

I love Vanilla Coke too, but admit it's been at least a year since I last tasted it. The drink just appeared to vanish!
  • HellionHellion Posts: 633
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say, whilst I drunk fizzy drinks a lot when I was younger, now I'm in my 20s I really can't see the appeal. They make your teeth feel horrible, they aren't very good for you and they don't taste that great. Drink more water and fruit juices (in moderation, and not from concentrate) - its much better for you.
  • bluetidebluetide Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i used to love mezzo mix when i lived in germany it was gorgous
  • ExaminusExaminus Posts: 22,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A programme I watched about corporations said that in WW2 Coca-Cola developed Fanta Orange so they could continue to make profit in Germany.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 345
    Forum Member
    Coke Zero is the 'Normal' Coca-Cola flavour with no sugar
    Diet Coke is actually the sugar-free version of the short lived 'New Coke' that the Coca-Cola company introduced in the 80's (and was withdrawn due to huge public demand)
  • BBTIMEBBTIME Posts: 2,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hated Vanilla Coke, so I'm not upset about that leaving the shelves. Do enjoy Cherry Coke though, and I know a few people that'll be pleased a Diet version is coming out. I think pretty much all the big supermarkets stock the 2l bottle of Cherry Coke round here.

I also like Cherry 7-up, which I can only seem to find in cans and not 2l bottles anywhere.

I've not seen these new Pepsi's around yet. Will have another look when I'm next in a supermarket. Does anyone know if you can get them in the SE yet or is it another thing that's being tested in a few areas only?
  • James VertiganJames Vertigan Posts: 2,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chie wrote:
    And, it is doing nothing to our insides, because our stomachs produce acid to break down food. This acid is much much stronger than the acid found in coke. The entire lining of our insides is therefore protected against damage from acid, so don't worry, you're not going to dissolve from the inside out :D

And some of the acid in stomach acid is made of cola anyway... it's called PEPSIn :D:p

I've kind of gone off cola and moved on to 7up, so I only drink Pepsi/Coke in the pub or when 7up isn't available in the shops...

Talking of 7up, didn't they make a Cherry flavoured one a while back? I think it's time 7up made some new flavours!
  • Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,757
    Forum Member
    nothingman wrote:
    Can anyone name any supermarkets that sell cherry coke in 2ltr bottles, i only ever see it in cans. I last got a bottle of it from a hypermarket in france a few years ago.

My local Tesco does it, and I'm sure Sainsburys too..
  • OcdGirlOcdGirl Posts: 12,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay! Drinking my first bottle of Diet Coke with cherry! Its a strange taste and seems more cherry than coke :D

The co-op by me is selling two bottles for £1.30 :D
  • CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coca-Cola an absolutely revolting syrupy-sweet tasting drink, it is certainly not thirst quenching and I can never understand its popularity :confused:
  • MacattacKMacattacK Posts: 7,652
    Forum Member
    It is lovely stuff and I love the cherry vanilla coke too! Hopefully that'll get over here.

Why can't we have Mr Pibb? :confused:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it true that coke tasted a lot different in the past, than it does today? A bit like lucozade?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I recall Austraila getting Cherry Coke in 2004 for the first time, and its there own version, slightly different taste to the US and UK version. only a handfull of countries have Cheery Coke.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got some Diet Cherry Coke today or should I say Diet Coke with Cherry! from Sainsburys, really nice, just what i wanted.