Waiting for Chryed to Get It On - Christian & Syed (Part 269)

Comments

• momentarythingmomentarything Posts: 20,139
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dessie wrote: »
    I'm very glad for those of you who haven't let the crap destroy Chryed for you and can get past it all. Personally though, I haven't enjoyed a single second* of Chryed's time in EE since about September 2011, and my (tongue-in-cheek) advice to anyone would always be not to put themselves through it - I wish someone had been able to see into the future and give me the same advice back then. But it's only advice and it's entirely up to them whether they watch it or not, I'm not stopping anyone from doing so if they want to! Just warning them. :)

*Okay, this is hyperbole - I did enjoy Syed chucking the coat at Amira on Christian's return from Gran Canaria. Would defy anyone not to! Beautiful scene. :D Can't think of another exception though.

BiB: Really?!

I actually enjoyed pretty much all of the Chryed stuff from the Amira storyline. The writing for the individual eps ranged from decent to great, and, ofc, the acting was fantastic. The Tuesday before Christian leaves Walford is one of my favourite episodes.

I loathed the period after Christian left, let's not discuss it. :sleep: I enjoyed the hell out of 'Christian Eve'. :D Even if Syed was annoying me.

I quite liked their reunion in January. It was super annoying they didn't get a SINGLE SCENE FREE OF AMIRA, but I quite liked it and it was so fabulous to see Syed actually getting off his arse and doing something for himself (and I'm aware this only seems great because of the horrible stuff before.

I absolutely love the scene where Syed wants to kick Jane out of the flat so he can shag Christian. His face.

Obvs love GC stuff. I really like the reconciliation episode, though it's a bit cringey at times and the dialogue between Christian and Zainab is a bit off.

Nothing happens forever... lol. Then I enjoyed the ep where Michael pretty much ruins Syed's life by being cruel about the money- Marc is fabulous there.

I adored the episode where Syed forged Tamwar's cheque. It was wonderfully in-character, all things considered. Chryed seem like Chryed, little touches of continuity make it clear the writer cares, etc.

Now, this is unpopular. I quite like the Danny/Syed kiss ep. I can never watch it again now, but at the time, I thought it was great until the last scene.

I adored, ADORED the stag night and the wedding. Still do. I think that whole week is pretty strong, but obviously the Monday and Tuesday are the best.

Then nothing. :sleep: Actually, I enjoyed the Halloween episode... while under the illusion that Danny was lying. Suffice to say, I hate it now.

And I really enjoyed their last two episodes .

So... yeah. I think people would miss quite a bit if they stopped watching there, personally! But I understand why you don't, there's quite a bit of 'I like it but...' there, I guess!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,211
    Forum Member
    In the whole watch the whole thing or not debate I say go for it. I can probably count on one hand episodes/clips I only ever saw once (all round the end of 2011). Admittedly some, eg BF I watched a few times to see if it ever got better/made more sense (:sleep:) IMHO even the bad periods had some good moments, and they always looked beautiful and they got a happy ending and are doing fine now so you know it turns out ok.
  • ClarkeyfangirlClarkeyfangirl Posts: 2,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kqv wrote: »

Susan, the emotional impact can still hit us all these years later, wow!!!

I know, it really can *hugs Susan*
    I still hesitate to Watch NYD, Masood-tells-Christian-about-pregnancy and I wanna hold your hand/Hebden bridge because of the emotional impact they may have on me - even though I also LOVE them
    Sorry for vanishing, was doing a lightening twitter catch up....before it all disappeared! Multi-tasking....:p

Great posts from Clarkey, MT, Susan and Zoetjetoch, about feelings regarding the storyline, I'm in the warts and all camp with all of you. :D

I've failed to get one single pictionary pic....always was rubbish at it. Thanks for the pics though, funny.

Thanks for the anagrams Teapot, too slow and tired to attempt them. Feel a bit worn out all of a sudden. :p

I'm going to see if I can post some links to the old puzzles we used to do.....give me a moment.

Thank you Star. I just can't regret it. I actually want it all.

I'm rubbish at the pictionary stuff and managed to get two of the anagrams (a bit too tired as well)...
    Forum Member
    MT LOVE your whole post and am totally in agreement. There was a lot of good stuff in the not so good storylines. I love Christian acceptance into the Masood fold and the toast. There's some great Chryed stuff after Amira returns leading up to Christian leaving and the wedding and stag do eps are fab. I liked all of the last week. Once the 'cant say ILY' crap was out of the way I thought it was pretty good though I did spend a lot of time yelling at them to just snog already!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the whole watch the whole thing or not debate I say go for it. I can probably count on one hand episodes/clips I only ever saw once (all round the end of 2011). Admittedly some, eg BF I watched a few times to see if it ever got better/made more sense (:sleep:) IMHO even the bad periods had some good moments, and they always looked beautiful and they got a happy ending and are doing fine now so you know it turns out ok.

Saaaame. I recently rewatched BF for the first time in literally 2 years and didn't think it was that bad. :o It's really just a couple of lines that completely ruin it. It's not a good ep by any means, but it's not as horrific as I built it up to be. There are a couple of lines I wish I could erase from canon, though, obviously.

The only scenes I've not seen more than once are: the hallway scene, Hiya Luv (I watched the kiss again, because I missed it the first time because I was hiding behind my hands :o), Syed putting his wedding ring on (actually skipped it first time, watched it months later), the twist episode and various Syed/Amira scenes upon her return...

I think that's about it. I rewatch EVERYTHING. I even watched the Danny/Syed kiss more than once because I found it hilarious. :o
    Forum Member
    Oooo enjoyed that puzzle thank you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is my contribution to quiz night...

Guess the scene.

http://s1115.photobucket.com/user/Lovesy1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/CScene2.png.html?filters[user]=117965968&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

My talent knows no bounds:sleep:

ETA I seem to have forgotten how to put links behind other words:sleep:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MT LOVE your whole post and am totally in agreement. There was a lot of good stuff in the not so good storylines. I love Christian acceptance into the Masood fold and the toast. There's some great Chryed stuff after Amira returns leading up to Christian leaving and the wedding and stag do eps are fab. I liked all of the last week. Once the 'cant say ILY' crap was out of the way I thought it was pretty good though I did spend a lot of time yelling at them to just snog already!

Christian and Syed didn't get a single good storyline after reunion, this is practically fact. I enjoyed a great deal of episodes, though. :) There aren't many episodes where I don't enjoy SOMETHING (even if it's just Christian being topless, ha)

BiB: I agree, but I HATE the episode where Syed actually says 'I love you', during that meal. It's the most OOC Syed was ever written imo. He doesn't even seem guilty. He actually says 'forgive me, you know you want to'. Wtf. Oh my God. I have an undying, fiery hatred of it. It was the first time I found an episode so bad I had to log off because people saying they enjoyed it made me angry. Normally I LOVE positive posts after a bad ep, they help me a lot. But I just hated it so much I was being irrational. I rewatched it a couple of months afterward... I still hated it. It's probably my least favourite ever episode.

I needed to rant. God, I hated that episode. What happened to you, Christopher Reason. Sigh.
  • kqvkqv Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    I guess I would never have wanted to not see everything....and I only rewatch my favorite parts...but I can't imagine dropping the story midstream...maybe because I came this close to never seeing reunion or finding out what happened when Becky's YT channel got taken down.

I think the last episode gave me perfect closure....and seeing them walk off together...their future is only in our hearts and imaginations....in Birmingham...with Yasmin....

That's where my focus is...celebrating Chryed getting their happy ending....they made it thru the crap and came out the other side...:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    crazysusan wrote: »
    ok I have just caught up with Perfect Moment

Perfect
    Perfection

and I managed to ignore the orange bucket and the light switch

Syed in so much turmoil, Christian trying hard to be hard and failing......oh how great and perfect that moment was.....perfect summary of how conflicted Syed was until the moment he finally not only choose Christian, but also importantly choose himself.......

It was such an emotionally charged scene...and also so gentle

why the hell can EE not do this anymore.....is it because the characters don't have the depth to carry it out in the way Chryed could.....

why do people need plot driven stories when they could have emotional impact...

Love this post Susan, thank you! Off to watch this in a sec :D
    lovesy wrote: »
    *waves*:D Just seen your quiz, thank you:) Can't believe I made top 10!:eek::o

Yay for you! Congrats :D. Thanks lovesy.
    Hiya Lovelies, back after a busy busy day and for the first time in ages had to do a lot of pages catch up, loved all the memories coming back and seeing everyones canon of Chryed bliss!

I just think they are still living a bubble of Chryed bliss :)

My fav time ever on the thread had to be the night of the OCRA's I have never laughed so much in all my life fighting over seats.............in fact fighting over who was being sat on if I remember rightly haha was the best night ever!

Thank You everyone involved in the Interview can't wait to hear it all x

So what game we playing then?

Hi Cazzie! Fighting for the seats, I remember lurking for that *whistles*, lol.
    Forum Member

Guess the scene.

http://s1115.photobucket.com/user/Lovesy1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/CScene2.png.html?filters[user]=117965968&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0

Lovely artistic skills there
    I believe its Sy and Tam at the hospital after Yusef makes it out that Zainab tried to kill herself. Another awesome Lawson piece of dialogue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Guess the scene.

What's Waldo doing there? He's not doing a very good job of hiding...

If you go advanced and highlight the text you want, then press the globe with the paperclip on it, that'll do it. :D edit: and paste the link in, obviously. Pretty big stage to miss. Your browser will not randomly guess what URL you want to paste. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

Guess the scene.

........Ooooh :), Syed and Tam(bo) in the hospital after Zainab's 'suicide' attempt, remembering (thank you Pete!!) Syed's own despair :cry:.

Thank you!! loving the pic!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I would never have wanted to not see everything....and I only rewatch my favorite parts...but I can't imagine dropping the story midstream...maybe because I came this close to never seeing reunion or finding out what happened when Becky's YT channel got taken down.

I think the last episode gave me perfect closure....and seeing them walk off together...their future is only in our hearts and imaginations....in Birmingham...with Yasmin....

That's where my focus is...celebrating Chryed getting their happy ending....they made it thru the crap and came out the other side...:)
    Awh this

Sorry for lack smilies..kindle.does not recognize them
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely artistic skills there
    I believe its Sy and Tam at the hospital after Yusef makes it out that Zainab tried to kill herself. Another awesome Lawson piece of dialogue.
    meg_icy wrote: »
    ........Ooooh :), Syed and Tam(bo) in the hospital after Zainab's 'suicide' attempt, remembering (thank you Pete!!) Syed's own despair :cry:.

Thank you!! loving the pic!

Correct:D

If you go advanced and highlight the text you want, then press the globe with the paperclip on it, that'll do it. :D

Ha:p Thank you:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    meg_icy wrote: »
    Love this post Susan, thank you! Off to watch this in a sec :D

Yay for you! Congrats :D. Thanks lovesy.

Hi Cazzie! Fighting for the seats, I remember lurking for that *whistles*, lol.

Awh thanks...It's perfect.....

The awards ceremony was the best fun...I remember being sat on a number of times -_-
    Forum Member
    Christian and Syed didn't get a single good storyline after reunion, this is practically fact. I enjoyed a great deal of episodes, though. :) There aren't many episodes where I don't enjoy SOMETHING (even if it's just Christian being topless, ha)

BiB: I agree, but I HATE the episode where Syed actually says 'I love you', during that meal. I think it's the most OOC Syed was ever written imo. He doesn't even seem guilty. He actually says 'forgive me, you know you want to'. Wtf. Oh my God. I have an undying, fiery hatred of it. It was the first time I found an episode so bad I had to log off because people saying they enjoyed it made me angry. Normally I LOVE positive posts after a bad ep, they help me a lot. But I just hated it so much I was being irrational. I rewatched it a couple of months afterward... I still hated it. It's probably my least favourite ever episode.

I needed to rant. God, I hated that episode. What happened to you, Christopher Reason. Sigh.

IIRC and I've not re-watched in ages, it was bordering on good when Christian was giving his insight about Syed's lack of self worth ("crippling" something??) coz it was all bang on I thought and would have been interesting to give more time too. But yeah then it went a bit poor, suffered from not enough screentime I feel.

But the eps saying goodbye to Yas and Syed making the effort and chatting to Tanya and the Chroxy goodbye - I liked all that. The poor boys were so defeated, but it all turned out good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, that's me.

Let's celebrate Chryed, two gorgeous guys who overcame everything and found happiness together.
    And let's celebrate the bonkersness of this thread that brought us all together!
    Forum Member
    Wondering what php is/does

[PHP]Wondering what php is/does[/PHP]

ETA: Oh, ok. Hmmm, none the wiser.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I can't either. And it's weird, because I normally have no compunctions about dropping stuff I don't enjoy anymore. I guess it was kind of annoying, in that I knew it was bad, but there was still just enough stuff I enjoyed to keep me clinging on... (plus, this place. Hate y'all for entertaining me so goddamn much I couldn't bring myself to let go. Whenever I stopped posting in here, my interest went through the floor.)

Their ending will always be a little tainted for me. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but I just can't be 100% happy with it. However, I am eternally grateful they left together. We could have gone through all that AND had them leave separately. :eek: I just wish their exit storyline had been about external angst rather than internal, I guess. I wanted it to be them against the world, not each other.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IIRC and I've not re-watched in ages, it was bordering on good when Christian was giving his insight about Syed's lack of self worth ("crippling" something??) coz it was all bang on I thought and would have been interesting to give more time too. But yeah then it went a bit poor, suffered from not enough screentime I feel.

But the eps saying goodbye to Yas and Syed making the effort and chatting to Tanya and the Chroxy goodbye - I liked all that. The poor boys were so defeated, but it all turned out good.

Yeah, that's all right. But Syed denies it. Syed, you told Christian you felt like nothing about 3 weeks ago, and you told him you didn't deserve him about a week before. Yasmin knows you've got low self-esteem, shut up. And he also says a bunch of stuff to describe Syed that is not true, was never true. It's so annoying. Syed has so many flaws (how the hell do you list Syed's flaws and 'indecisive' and 'too eager to please' don't come up, but 'vain' and 'arrogant' do?!) It's like describing the front Syed put on before he and Christian got together, not the real him. Ironically, Syed does come off as really arrogant in that ep, but it's so off.

I was meh about the Yasmin episode, really. Johnny and Marc are great, but I never really cared for them being parents, so... I was super grateful their exit was just about them, and they weren't lugging Yasmin with them, though. :o The last two episodes were fab, and Syed actually reacted like an actual human being to this stuff he'd done. Amazing.
  • starfish100starfish100 Posts: 12,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the cute cartoon Lovesy! :p

If you go advanced and highlight the text you want, then press the globe with the paperclip on it, that'll do it. :D edit: and paste the link in, obviously. Pretty big stage to miss. Your browser will not randomly guess what URL you want to paste. :p

Thanks for this....I'd forgotten how to do this! What do you mean go advanced, can't see a button that says this? Sorry being thick.

Loved your big post summing up the whole storyline - there was very little that bothered me really, I think I'm just lucky. I'd only choose to change, if I could, Syed putting back on his wedding ring, his out of character inability to say I love you, (which I coudn't take seriously) and Christians one line on Black Friday.....everything else I can stand. But perhaps my memory is hazy. But I'm keeping my rose tinted glasses on. :D

And now for me it's all ok....:D
  • jenn123jenn123 Posts: 19,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

BiB: I agree, but I HATE the episode where Syed actually says 'I love you', during that meal. It's the most OOC Syed was ever written imo. He doesn't even seem guilty. He actually says 'forgive me, you know you want to'. Wtf. Oh my God. I have an undying, fiery hatred of it. It was the first time I found an episode so bad I had to log off because people saying they enjoyed it made me angry. Normally I LOVE positive posts after a bad ep, they help me a lot. But I just hated it so much I was being irrational. I rewatched it a couple of months afterward... I still hated it. It's probably my least favourite ever episode.

I actually thought about that episode a while back and came up with a (weak :o) reason why Syed couldn't say ILY. It was to do with the pride thing as well. It could be that saying 'I love you' makes the betrayal with Danny seem worse, more unforgivable. So if Syed could avoid saying it, it would mean sleeping with Danny was something he could fix. Orrr, he assumes he can't fix things, so he tries to convince Christian to stay without saying ILY because saying that is unfair to Christian (in Syed's weird little mind.) Does that make any kind of sense?? Though it's still ridiculous, it could be kind of what Syed was thinking...? Idk, I haven't watched the episode back and kind of don't plan to ever.

I'm working on a personality quiz for the thread. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for this....I'd forgotten how to do this! What do you mean go advanced, can't see a button that says this? Sorry being thick.

Loved your big post summing up the whole storyline - there was very little that bothered me really, I think I'm just lucky. I'd only choose to change, if I could, Syed putting back on his wedding ring, his out of character inability to say I love you, (which I coudn't take seriously) and Christians one line on Black Friday.....everything else I can stand. But perhaps my memory is hazy. But I'm keeping my rose tinted glasses on. :D

And now for me it's all ok....:D

I would change soooo much, tbh. I won't go into it, though. I can salvage stuff from most things, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't change things.

But the main things would be surrogacy (if I can only choose one ep, the 'insemination' ep. Yuck), BF, the way Amira was written when she came back (or not having her come back at all, that would've been the best), the wedding ring thing, the twist, and the RIDICULOUS 'I love you' thing. I think I could deal with everything else. But that's still quite a lot...

Oh, and THE TAT STALL. How could I forget? That would never have happened if it were up to me. I hated that thing. It was so stupid.
    Forum Member
    I have found a load of nerdy stats stuff on my computer :rolleyes:

Also some bingo cards. /random.

I do rather like this graph though