Humax 2000t problems

radioman2radioman2 Posts: 1,562
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Back in March I bought one of these for my mother to replace an old Panasonic machine.Since the start she has encountered numerous problems with the machine frequently locking up which then means that she has to go grovelling on the floor to remove the power and then reconnect.Also numerous issues with programmes being programmed via the EPG but not being recorded.They appear to have recorded as they appear in the list of programmes but the length of the missed recordings always shows as 0 minutes.
I've been out of action due to heart surgery and only just managed to become involved.The unit has been reset to factory settings several times and I've confirmed that only Freeview service has been tuned<Mendip,Wells>.
I have returned the duff machine to PC World who tell me that it'll be returned to Humax for repair.I think the software's screwed but wonder if anyone else has had similar problems and what outcome they achieved,someone reckons that Humax may simply replace it with a refurbished machine,any ideas?

Comments

• SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not had any missed programes on my 2000T since I bought it the first week it was on sale last year.

If you’re missing stuff I wonder, if you have not already tried, to set the box up using manual tuning, mux by mux as this is the only thing that has caused me problems in the past tuning to Ilchester Crescent (Mendip relay) and picking up the Kings Weston relay that’s is on the same compass bearing from my position.

Apart from local interference causing problem the only thing I can think of is a naff box.
  • radioman2radioman2 Posts: 1,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here we have usable signals from 3 different sites,Mendip,Wenvoe and Bathampton Down. I know that I installed it properly by scanning with no aerial connected until the tuner reached the Mendip channels. This is borne out by the lack of duplicate channels which usually show as channels 801 onwards.