Clara to die ?

iain_stevenson1iain_stevenson1 Posts: 1,349
Forum Member
✭✭✭
There are indications that Clara is to be killed off soon. is this welcome news to most of you?

Comments

• zelda fanzelda fan Posts: 6,330
    Forum Member
    No i like her.
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I hope not. I like her
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    I feel she'll die in "Death in Heaven", mainly because of the supposed build up of the "promised land" and Missy (the woman in the shop), wanting to keep them together so she can kill Clara. (out of jealousy?)
  • LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Even if this Clara is killed off. Given that there's Clara's dotted along the Doctors entire timeline killing her off doesn't mean she's gone.

But, no I hope not. They're done it twice already.
  • chattswhochattswho Posts: 193
    Forum Member
    After the recent deaths of amy & rory which came after 30 years since adrics death, i hope they now wont get into a thing where they now kill off the companions.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    Firegazer wrote: »
    I feel she'll die in "Death in Heaven", mainly because of the supposed build up of the "promised land" and Missy (the woman in the shop), wanting to keep them together so she can kill Clara. (out of jealousy?)
    No spoilers please,
    you have posted things i did not know, as I havent searched leaks etc
    which you shouldnt have.

wrap that stuff in spoiler tags in future please :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Clara were to die, I feel it would be appropriate. Clara dying was an important part of the whole thing in the first place. "Asylum", "The Snowmen", and gods know how many others times Clara died to save the Doctor.

It would be like coming full circle.
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are indications that Clara is to be killed off soon. is this welcome news to most of you?

No! I don't want her to die. :o Certainly not!! :( I feel quite attatched to Jenna's character now, as we've known her for over a year and a half.

Jenna seems such a lovely young lady, and quite a talented actress. ;-)

I'd like to think that when Jenna leaves, which is rumoured to be at Christmas, Clara isn't killed off, so that she can make a guest appearance, years later. Just like The Brigadier did in SJA.

:)
  • sqwidge1978sqwidge1978 Posts: 1,048
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    d3v1ou5 wrote: »
    No spoilers please,
    which you shouldnt have.

Not exactly spoilers given that his assumptions are all based on the first episode which has now been shown ;)
  • emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would think it's more likely she gets together with this male teacher character, and they go off into the sunset together, once she decides the Doctor doesn't need her help any more?
  • tiggerpoohtiggerpooh Posts: 4,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    emptybox wrote: »
    I would think it's more likely she gets together with this male teacher character, and they go off into the sunset together, once she decides the Doctor doesn't need her help any more?

Why do you say that? The Doctor's always going to need an assistant by his side to help him fight off all the nasties that the universe will throw at him.

Apart from the War Doctor, who thought it best to fight the Time War alone, why do you think the Doctor has had assistants with him in every incarnation?

He doesn't like being on his own for a long period of time. It scares him in a way. Think of what happened at the end of Journey's End. The Doctor looked sad, at the thought of having to go away in his Blue Box, alone.
  • emptyboxemptybox Posts: 13,917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tiggerpooh wrote: »
    Why do you say that? The Doctor's always going to need an assistant by his side to help him fight off all the nasties that the universe will throw at him.

Apart from the War Doctor, who thought it best to fight the Time War alone, why do you think the Doctor has had assistants with him in every incarnation?

He doesn't like being on his own for a long period of time. It scares him in a way. Think of what happened at the end of Journey's End. The Doctor looked sad, at the thought of having to go away in his Blue Box, alone.

Yeah, he's always going to want a companion, but he's not always going to need Clara.

I think that what was being hinted when she was at first reluctant to go with him until 11 asked her to help him.

Plus I think that's why they're bringing in this teacher character.
  • MikaRimmerMikaRimmer Posts: 1,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not, I'd like Clara to be like Martha was, goes off, but makes more appearances after her departure. I was sad when she left but the character still appeared in Torchwood, and then more Doctor Who episodes, so I'd like it if something similar happens to Clara, she leaves but we get to see her a few more times to help the Doctor and his new companion further down the line, plus say the show makes it to the 100th, Clara has been an important character who I'd like to appear, or many years down the line like Sarah Jane did.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I'd only really be alright with a character being killed off if I was invested in them. I'm just not with Clara, so her death wouldn't really affect me.
  • FiregazerFiregazer Posts: 5,888
    Forum Member
    d3v1ou5 wrote: »
    No spoilers please,
    which you shouldnt have.

I'm confused as to which part of that was a spoiler.
  • brouhahabrouhaha Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chattswho wrote: »
    After the recent deaths of amy & rory which came after 30 years since adrics death, i hope they now wont get into a thing where they now kill off the companions.

Amy and Rory weren't killed off. They were sent into the past where they lived out their natural lives. You may as well say that Vicki was killed off because she stayed in ancient Troy and so would be well dead by now.

Back on topic, what are the indications that Clara will be killed off? I haven't seen any.
  • doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,203
    Forum Member
    Lyceum wrote: »
    Even if this Clara is killed off. Given that there's Clara's dotted along the Doctors entire timeline killing her off doesn't mean she's gone.

But, no I hope not. They're done it twice already.
    Not fussed either way, but if they do it I would like it too be permanent to actually have an emotional impact, rather than one of those wishy washy dead one episode back the next type things, and more than anything wouldn't want/expect to hear a peep about 'multiple Clara's'. They actually seem to have left all that behind and gone down the mature route of letting her be one companion who is actually being allowed to have a personality now. Hope they wouldn't ruin it by dragging all that multiple Clara rubbish back up.