Pet memorial help please..x

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi everyone....my close friends had to have their beloved Border Collie put to sleep on Tueday...he was 18.

As you'd expect they are devastated, they are going to spread his ashes in the woods where they used to walk him, but they would also like some kind of memorial for at home too, as they have an 11 year old son, who misses him, and another Collie.

They would like something like maybe a statue of a Collie, or maybe some kind of stone that could maybe be engraved with his name etc.....if anyone knows of anywhere or has anything similair in memory of a beloved pet, please could you share the information here?

Thanks so much!..xx

Comments

• merlinsmummerlinsmum Posts: 3,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I would plant a tree of some sort. At first it will be a physical living thing which their son can help look after, and watching it grow and mature will be a pleasure. If there's a chance they may move in the future then use a pot as it can then be taken with the family.
  • ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thats so sad :( I know some pet cremation services offer status where the ashes can be kept in, but I dont know if thats what they are looking for. Im intending on getting a small sleeping cat ornament which you can keep the ashes in when my cat passes :)
  • ArtymagsArtymags Posts: 18,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    alilinzee wrote: »
    Hi everyone....my close friends had to have their beloved Border Collie put to sleep on Tueday...he was 18.

As you'd expect they are devastated, they are going to spread his ashes in the woods where they used to walk him, but they would also like some kind of memorial for at home too, as they have an 11 year old son, who misses him, and another Collie.

They would like something like maybe a statue of a Collie, or maybe some kind of stone that could maybe be engraved with his name etc.....if anyone knows of anywhere or has anything similair in memory of a beloved pet, please could you share the information here?

Thanks so much!..xx

I have got my beloved cat, Bobo, buried in my garden and have had a proper little grave made with a small headstone and inscription.
    The Inscription reads

"BOBO
    Ever loving and beloved"

and then there is the date.

I have put a little stone statue of a Persian cat on the grave and planted snowdrops on it because the snowdrops were out when she died. Now - every February when the snowdrops on her grave are in bloom it seems like a special tribute to her.

I had the headstone done at a stone mason's which sold garden stuff. You can get stone statues of dogs, cats etc. at most really big garden centres or look for them on the internet.

If it was ashes then I think I would be also be inclined to bury them in a little grave in the garden like that. It gives a focal point for remembrance.
    Of course a lot depends on how long you are intending to stay at that particular house. It is not so easy to move when you have a pet's body buried in the garden but if you had the ashes in a good rot-proof urn then you could dig them up if you moved and either scatter them then or re-bury them in the new garden.

If you look up "pet memorials" on Google, you will find loads of places which deal in memorials and headstones with or without your own personalised inscription, but make sure you stipulate pages from the U.K as about 75% of them are in the U.S.A.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for all your replies guys....my friends are going to go for an engraved plaque...with his photo on...thanks for your help!...xxx