What actually causes the Tardis to explode?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
Forum Member
Maybe I missed it, but what actually causes the Tardis to explode?

Is it something to do with Amy beginning to remember Rory? which causes some sort of time paradox?

Comments

• kegsiekegsie Posts: 2,800
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I imagine it is something or someone that we are yet to see.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    wait and see ;) Im sure all will be reveailed!
  • tingramretrotingramretro Posts: 10,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It hasn't been revealed yet, and neither has what Amy's connection to events is. We've only had part of the story so far...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    I think it will be something to do with whomever/whatever is controlling the TARDIS.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure it's "someone" who's controlling the Tardis, would seem there's only one race which would have such power, which would mean other Timelords or The Master or seemingly impossible The Doctor himself somehow!

Though someone/something inside the Tardis said "silence", but my thinking was that had come from the heart of the Tardis.

But yes guess I was getting a bit ahead of myself... I guess the finale is about The Doctor escaping from the Pandorica and preventing the Tardis from exploding...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    So do we think River goes up with the TARDIS or was the white flash as she apologised her using the vortex manipulator to get out of there?
  • ListedBuzzListedBuzz Posts: 9,042
    Forum Member
    My money's on River Song being the cause of the problem.
  • Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,804
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon its the TARDIS itself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    So do we think River goes up with the TARDIS or was the white flash as she apologised her using the vortex manipulator to get out of there?

I think she does get out of there... as she hasn't been to the Library yet with the 10th Doctor where she dies... fixed points in time and all that I'm guessing?

I reckon its the TARDIS itself.

Me too, I thinking it's something to do with Amy remembering Rory which she shouldn't be able to do, which causes Time to begin to unravel and crack, and the Tardis to explode.
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    I think she does get out of there... as she hasn't been to the Library yet with the 10th Doctor where she dies... fixed points in time and all that I'm guessing?

SM has already laid the seeds for wiping that out by proving time can be rewritten. It doesn't really matter that they haven't happened yet...
    Me too, I thinking it's something to do with Amy remembering Rory which she shouldn't be able to do, which causes Time to begin to unravel and crack, and the Tardis to explode.

I doubt it has anything to do with Amy remembering Rory, for the simple fact that Rory as an Auton was taken directly from her subconscious memory (as were all the centurions). Therefore she never really forgot him. Any problems would have occured immediately after he'd been erased, were that the case...

There is someone, or something, behind it all, I'm betting.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    sebbie3000 wrote: »
    SM has already laid the seeds for wiping that out by proving time can be rewritten. It doesn't really matter that they haven't happened yet...

It can be rewritten yes, but she remembered the events of the Pandorica at the crash of the Byzantium.

She's not gonna be dead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I initally thought it had something to do with two tardii being in close proximity to each other from relatively close timelines. Much like how to Brigadeers caused trouble in Mawdwin undead.

However, I think there are examples of two Tardii being close, do I think I'm wrong....
  • tysonstormtysonstorm Posts: 24,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    River Song overloading the time circuits or some other mumbo jumbo. Didn't she say "I'm sorry Doctor" at the end when she was in the TARDIS?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    tysonstorm wrote: »
    River Song overloading the time circuits or some other mumbo jumbo. Didn't she say "I'm sorry Doctor" at the end when she was in the TARDIS?

I believe it was "Sorry my love". :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    She said sorry because she couldn't get out like she promised and thus shut down the TARDIS engines and prevent it exploding, not because she caused it.
  • ::Adam::::Adam:: Posts: 7,223
    Forum Member
    How can the tardis exploded if it's in stone?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ::Adam:: wrote: »
    How can the tardis exploded if it's in stone?!

Only the door was.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Only the door was.

Oh. I thought it had materialised inside stone.

Either way, what sort of uber-villain would want to see the eradication of the Universe in it's absolute entirety, its past, present and future??
  • sheff71sheff71 Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    ListedBuzz wrote: »
    My money's on River Song being the cause of the problem.

I think she's filled it with diesel, and clearly it's unleaded only. So until she's cleaned out the engine, it's knackered :D
  • Pistol WhipPistol Whip Posts: 9,677
    Forum Member
    A suicide bomber
  • phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    It's 'blocked up' - someone needs to give it some DulcoEase :D
  • PR.PR. Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Something to do with the 'TARDIS' like ship from The Lodger?

The TARDIS had problems with that as well, until it jumped away.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    Oh. I thought it had materialised inside stone.

Either way, what sort of uber-villain would want to see the eradication of the Universe in it's absolute entirety, its past, present and future??

As did I.

Maybe no one does. That could just be a bad side-effect of the Big Bad's plan.

Or maybe the eradication of this Universe means good things for others. Say, for instance,
    one of anti-matter :p