Don't Tell The Bride Series 6

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is he not batting for the other team? Sorry got that vibe off him!
    Also is he in the military or just having a military theme!

That is the first thing my hubby said when he just walked in the room. Boy is she thick or what
  • tigragirltigragirl Posts: 13,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beard anyone?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Even the people who were on twitter that they read out at the end thought the same as us
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love all his ideas from tea at the Ritz to the waltz and the history and the wedding...I would have married him... wonderful ideas! Good on him for sticking to his taste. Shame he has chosen someone who won't appreciate him for who he is but try to change him. I would have been wowed!!!
  • cookie_princesscookie_princess Posts: 1,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tigragirl wrote: »
    She is marrying the wrong brother!

straight out a Mills and Boon book :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I take it Nikki's family don't trust Nathan and kind of resent him especially her brother, he acts as if he bats for the other side :rolleyes:

Good luck to them, but I don't think it will last, he has the personality of wet paint and she seems very niave :D
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    tigragirl wrote: »
    She looks gorgeous

What is the point of him learning the waltz but not her? Am I thick?
    No, I was thinking the same thing.
    tinkie wrote: »
    I can't believe these 2 are real
    From the start, I thought this just isn't real, still not sure.

The guest's seemed totally bemused by it all, and usually at the end, as the credits go up, you see more of the Wedding, this one you just saw Nikki & Nathan, messing around the Basildon sign.

"He better get it RIGHT"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »
    No, I was thinking the same thing.

From the start, I thought this just isn't real, still not sure.

The guest's seemed totally bemused by it all, and usually at the end, as the credits go up, you see more of the Wedding, this one you just saw Nikki & Nathan, messing around the Basildon sign.

"He better get it RIGHT"

I wouldn't be surprised if they were actors :rolleyes:
  • BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just managed to watch this week's episode and had similar thoughts to others on here.

It did cross my mind that he's in denial about what side he bats for, but if not then I think he did exactly what he wanted for the wedding with complete disregard for his bride. In fact, when he admitted he'd got the stag night wrong it wrong to his brother (on the stag night), I thought he probably admitted he'd got more than the stag night wrong - but we didn't see that bit.

His behaviour later on during the stag night looked totally forced and as if he hated every minute. It's a shame he felt he had to go along with the other guys because there had to be a half way point between tea at the Ritz and making a fool of himself as he got plastered.

She did look wonderful in her dress, but at the end of the day the dress was the only thing he got right or did well. Even the reception which is usually the life saver with a bit of the WOW factor was pretty much a let down.

I have no doubt they love each other, but he came across to me as having a fair bit of baggage. It even went through my mind that one day he could end up in trouble with his delusions of grandeur. He needs to get involved with an historical group, maybe something that celebrates British Regency or the likes. I can see her reaching a point down the line where she'll say enough is enough. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anybody watching tonight, the posters have dwindled on this thread, so I guess people have become disinterested in the programme or the fact it has been moved from the tv thread. Was it ever explained as to why last weeks couple lived in a country hotel. This is what made me suspicious as to why they were actors as it would be horrendously expensive
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody watching tonight, the posters have dwindled on this thread, so I guess people have become disinterested in the programme or the fact it has been moved from the tv thread. Was it ever explained as to why last weeks couple lived in a country hotel. This is what made me suspicious as to why they were actors as it would be horrendously expensive

They lived in a flat in the hotel, so my guess is that they weren't paying room rate.

I watched tonight's show and yet again the bride ended up wearing rose tinted glasses. What a mess. Beats me why she was marrying him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They lived in a flat in the hotel, so my guess is that they weren't paying room rate.

I watched tonight's show and yet again the bride ended up wearing rose tinted glasses. What a mess. Beats me why she was marrying him.

BIB thanks for that and as you say why the hell was she marrying that loser
  • bingoesbingoes Posts: 4,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've been watching. Thought the Essex couple weird. Not them so much but the whole set up seemed odd? Living in a hotel apartment, she drove a BMW (couples normally seem to be a bit hard up - if you know what i mean). The dressing up in military was beyond mad. There was no explanation who the 'bridesmaids' were and why they were dressed like men? He went straight for his first venue option (we normally get a bit a drama into trying to get the right venue). Taking of the waltz lessons for one, odd. All in all is was all a bit contrived. Odd, very odd.

Tonight, another odd one. First the hen night, a bus to Bristol and then dump you there and sort your self out? In the meanwhile I will go all the way to Liverpool for a good piss up, oh yes and don't forget the races ? And she is ok with that ? Then lets travel miles and miles away for the service and reception. Come on now who would have a wedding service in a hotel in a cramped hotel room, which was not even designed for a wedding service. The narrator quickly explains that it was a busy period? - isn't it always, never stopped anyone before getting a sorta normal venue? Then the 6million house with a view for the reception, with a disco in the hallway ? what on gods name was that about? That was more about his desire to live in a million pound house with a pool than the ideal venue for a wedding. Again it was straight to the venue with no other options in mind. Oh yes, and where were the guests to stay, where they supposed to go all that way for a pork bap? Odd, very odd.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was just thinking that last night's show was the worst use of £12 million we've seen. The bride got married in a room with vinyl flooring and their guests had to travel miles for a pork batch. You can just imagine what was being said by the guests off camera. Out of all the marriages we've seen, this is the one I think stands the least chance of success.
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched for a couple weeks now I think, need to catch up!!!
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was just thinking that last night's show was the worst use of £12 million we've seen.

I know it was just a slip of the...fingers from yourself there but the thought of the programme makers giving each couple £12 million is amusing me! It would have been an unimaginably extravagant wedding if, in the end, they could only afford pork rolls!
  • StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    bingoes wrote: »
    I've been watching. Thought the Essex couple weird. Not them so much but the whole set up seemed odd? Living in a hotel apartment, she drove a BMW (couples normally seem to be a bit hard up - if you know what i mean). The dressing up in military was beyond mad. There was no explanation who the 'bridesmaids' were and why they were dressed like men? He went straight for his first venue option (we normally get a bit a drama into trying to get the right venue). Taking of the waltz lessons for one, odd. All in all is was all a bit contrived. Odd, very odd.

Tonight, another odd one. First the hen night, a bus to Bristol and then dump you there and sort your self out? In the meanwhile I will go all the way to Liverpool for a good piss up, oh yes and don't forget the races ? And she is ok with that ? Then lets travel miles and miles away for the service and reception. Come on now who would have a wedding service in a hotel in a cramped hotel room, which was not even designed for a wedding service. The narrator quickly explains that it was a busy period? - isn't it always, never stopped anyone before getting a sorta normal venue? Then the 6million house with a view for the reception, with a disco in the hallway ? what on gods name was that about? That was more about his desire to live in a million pound house with a pool than the ideal venue for a wedding. Again it was straight to the venue with no other options in mind. Oh yes, and where were the guests to stay, where they supposed to go all that way for a pork bap? Odd, very odd.
    And after all that, she forgave him, how he wasn't lynched I don't know, Lynda didn't even like the Dress....even the view from the House, wasn't that great.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also meant to mention last night that his family, supposedly, had been drafted in to makes some puddings but the ones that I saw seemed professionally made and packaged to me
  • MiresiaVertetaMiresiaVerteta Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Saw the extravegent wedding with the mansion. My gosh...what a **** that groom was. Seemed nothing but a spoilt child to me. No boundaries and could do what he wanted.

One thing...why not a wedding done on a budget for a couple who are short of cash? There are probably a few working class couples who would love this chance or is this for the likes of Cameron to show China and the likes we are doing OK?
  • tco200tco200 Posts: 690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could tell she wasn't really happy but fair play to her for pretending.

He was just a wannabe though, sure it would be impressive if you owned the house but hiring it - not so much.

I got the impression that she doesnt trust him due to the gambling as well

Would be good to see a follow up
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 317
    Forum Member
    hiya,

the couple last week that live in a hotel are on facebook lol

just watched this weeks, thought the bride was abit mean about the hen night, wasnt anyones fault the bus broke down, wasnt keen on the sister. was confused when the bride kept saying she wanted dress, church like her mums, seamed like she didnt have her own ideas. not sure why they didnt only invite 50 to the vows and then the rest to the reception (or would that be to easy?) fair play to her about the dress she respected him enough to wear the dress. i think in the end she did like the day :)

really not sure why some of these brides go on the show when they dont trust the groom to do it well or have such rigid "wants" for her wedding?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually neither set of parents were very supportive this week and it could be down to the editing, but we only really saw the best man (hopeless), none of the usual stuff with the bridesmaids rebelling.
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    I know it was just a slip of the...fingers from yourself there but the thought of the programme makers giving each couple £12 million is amusing me! It would have been an unimaginably extravagant wedding if, in the end, they could only afford pork rolls!

Oops! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This week looks a cracker! :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit late to the party, I forgot it was on. She seems a bit of a dragon, doesn't she? I am having a problem understanding the accent at times
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a Scot so that's not a problem for me! :D

She's going to go ballistic! :eek: