Options

play/convert SD recording on PC

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
Forum Member
I have recorded a program on my HDR Fox T2 for my brother and transferred the .ts file and .htm etc. to my computer. The problem I have is that I cannot watch the program using VLC or Media Player. I wanted to convert, edit and then copy the program to a USB device so that I can give him a copy. The program is about 3 hours long but i only want a 15min section of it.

Any suggestions would be helpful

Comments

• Options
    flagpoleflagpole Posts: 44,641
    Forum Member
    if the .ts file does not play in VLC then it is most likely still encrypted.

how did you get it off the box? all tv recordings are encrypted when stored on the box, SD recordings are then unencrypted on the fly when they are copied to USB. (you can make HD recordings do this too with a program called foxy by radon.) If you just pull them off via FTP or something like that then they are going to be encrypted.

after that then your regular video converter will be fine.
  • Options
    SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have ago with this as it works every time for me with SD recordings.

http://www.freemake.com/downloads/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    SkipTracer wrote: »
    Have ago with this as it works every time for me with SD recordings.

http://www.freemake.com/downloads/

Even when they won't play in vlc?

It's worth mentioning to anyone thinking of downloading freemake that you need to be very very careful during installation. Read everything or it will install all kinds of crap.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    flagpole wrote: »
    if the .ts file does not play in VLC then it is most likely still encrypted.

how did you get it off the box? all tv recordings are encrypted when stored on the box, SD recordings are then unencrypted on the fly when they are copied to USB. (you can make HD recordings do this too with a program called foxy by radon.) If you just pull them off via FTP or something like that then they are going to be encrypted.

after that then your regular video converter will be fine.

I copied the file via FTP. I'll try copying straight to USB and see if that works. Thanks for the info.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jerhawk wrote: »
    I copied the file via FTP. I'll try copying straight to USB and see if that works. Thanks for the info.
    that's the badger.
  • Options
    kjhskj75kjhskj75 Posts: 3,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alternatively get the customized firmware, you can decrypt files using the web interface. Even HD ones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the help. Copying direct to USB worked a treat just need to edit the file now but I won't be using freemake as the additional software is riddled with malware...been there before!