Ian Levine recovering from a stroke

Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
Forum Member
Famous (and sometimes controversial) Doctor Who fan Ian Levine has suffered a stroke:

https://twitter.com/IanLevine/status/503574495375155201

How sad. :( I wish Ian a speedy recovery.

Comments

• jimbo_bobjimbo_bob Posts: 1,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Generally can't stand the bloke, but I wouldn't wish a stroke on anyone - I wish him well.
  • be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sorry to hear that. Ian started the ball rolling on the protection/preservation of the archive and the hunt for missing episodes. Whichever way you look at it, we have more of the Hartnell and Troughton eras as a direct result of his work.
  • AdelaideGirlAdelaideGirl Posts: 3,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hope he has a good support network looking after him. A stoke is serious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Hello, everyone.

I can only add my good wishes to Mr. Levine for a speedy and full recovery.

I myself suffered a stroke on Ferbruary 23rd this year. And while I was fortunate enought to be "okay again" pretty soon afterwards, it is a Very Scary Thing to happen - especially unexpectedly.

I found it to be an ehausting "experience", both physically and metally draining - and it can take a fair while to get back to feeling like oneself again.

Whatever the "fan option" of Mr Levine, he is clearly devoted to the programme and has done much in the past to honour its legacy (from what I've learned from others).

We do actually have much to be grateful to him for. For that reason alone, I say "Get Well Soon, Ian. The Whoniverse needs its "characters" in Fandom as much as on screen."

Good wishes to all,
    John
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Things like this put it all in perspective.

Hope he recovers soon.
  • ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimbo_bob wrote: »
    Generally can't stand the bloke, but I wouldn't wish a stroke on anyone - I wish him well.

It's not normally the done thing to have a little dig like that when sincerely wishing someone well.

No need ... just ... no need

:(

Get well soon Ian, all the best :)