Is the Gallifrey story done with now?

radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Are they still stuck in a parallel dimension or are they now restored to the doctors universe, and do you think we'll see them referenced in this new series?

Comments

• Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's been no given reason to believe their status has changed. While I think they might be referenced at some point (especially if "Missy" did indeed turn out to be a female Master or The Rani as some think) personally I don't expect the issue to be heavily featured this season.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are still in the other Universe.

Bringing them back at Trenzalore would just have started the Time War off again.

I'm sure they will be brought back again at some point but it will have to be in such away that the War is not reignited.
  • doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,203
    Forum Member
    I would say on the back burner for the time, but would expect at least a passing reference if not something more significant at some point in the series.

But who knows? There's only been one episode, they weren't exactly going to ram the search for gallifrey don people's throats when capaldi's doctor didn't even have his head on straight so to speak.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As far as we know, the Time Lords are still trapped in the pocket universe, but to all intents and purposes that story can be left for as long as Moffat or whoever takes over after Moffat (when Moffat does stand down) decide. The storyline to bring them back and to bring back Gallifrey has been set up but pretty much most of the details can be anything the writers want when they want.
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    The current status quo is a compromise between those who hated that modern Who eradicated the Time Lords, and those who think that the presence of the Time Lords limited the Doctor and cast too long a shadow over the show. So they still exist, but conveniently out of the way. I don't really see that changing in a hurry.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a great way to give him a new regeneration cycle, but if they're frozen in time he's in no hurry. Got thirteen new lives to get round to finding them.
  • AirboraeAirborae Posts: 2,643
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read a spoiler the other day...
    That Gallifrey will reappear this series.
    In what context I don't know.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was a great way to give him a new regeneration cycle, but if they're frozen in time he's in no hurry. Got thirteen new lives to get round to finding them.

I don't think they are frozen in time any more are they?

They were frozen, awaiting the Master to release them, they they were unfrozen (and spitting a lot) but the Doctor refroze them.

Then late the Doctor saved them but shoved the planet into another dimension. I assume they are unfrozen but trapped in the other dimension, not only were they actively seeking release via the crack on Trenzalore but they listened to Clara's plea and actively gave the Doctor more regenerations.

So I assume they are actively living, and maybe even travelling in time, in the other dimension but can't get back to their original one, especially now that the final crack has been sealed...as far as we know.

Of course that's until the next time the walls between dimensions are weakened. :D
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »
    I don't think they are frozen in time any more are they?

They were frozen, awaiting the Master to release them, they they were unfrozen (and spitting a lot) but the Doctor refroze them.

Then late the Doctor saved them but shoved the planet into another dimension. I assume they are unfrozen but trapped in the other dimension, not only were they actively seeking release via the crack on Trenzalore but they listened to Clara's plea and actively gave the Doctor more regenerations.

So I assume they are actively living, and maybe even travelling in time, in the other dimension but can't get back to their original one, especially now that the final crack has been sealed...as far as we know.

Of course that's until the next time the walls between dimensions are weakened. :D

No they are meant to be frozen in a moment of time.

DOCTOR 10: Using our Tardises, we're going to freeze Gallifrey in a single moment in time.

[War room]

WARRIOR [on monitor]: You know, like those stasis cubes? A single moment in time, held in a parallel pocket universe.

[Tardis]

DOCTOR: Except we're going to do it to a whole planet.

[Tardis 10]

DOCTOR 10: And all the people on it.

[War room]

GENERAL: What? Even if that were possible

[Tardis]

GENERAL [OC]: Which it isn't, why would you do such a thing?
    DOCTOR: Because the alternative is burning.

[Tardis 10]

DOCTOR 10: And I've seen that.

[Tardis]

DOCTOR: And I never want to see it again.

[War room]

GENERAL: We'd be lost in another universe, frozen in a single moment. We'd have nothing.

Of course how exactly they managed to get the message out to Trenzalore if they are completely frozen is unclear.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    No they are meant to be frozen in a moment of time.

Of course how exactly they managed to get the message out to Trenzalore if they are completely frozen is unclear.

Or managed to hear Clara whispering (Horton Hears a Doctor Who?) and send out that regeneration energy. But maybe it's like Wedding of River Song where they keep living and moving but the time never changes, or something.