:):):):)
  • Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Only a few hours now :)
  • Tigger-RooTigger-Roo Posts: 10,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Rory, he's a great character. I can't wait to see him in the Special and even moreso can't wait to see him again in the new series.
  • saxysaxy Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's not in the Doctor Who calendar this year either. Not impressed with that.

Rory rocks.
    ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :):):)
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    k9fan wrote: »
    :):):)

well he got his name in the credits. Would have liked to se a little more of him, mind, but he was good where we did see him.

I lol'ed at the role play gag!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    well he got his name in the credits. Would have liked to se a little more of him, mind, but he was good where we did see him.

I lol'ed at the role play gag!:D

:)

When will we see him again?
    He is my favourite companion now :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :)

When will we see him again?
    He is my favourite companion now :)

well we don't have a start date for the nes series yet. There seem to be two schools of thought: one that thinks it might start in March and run through to Easter weekend, the other that it might start easter weekend. One or other seems likely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Permanent character now.

Which is good, all the Rose Doctor lovey dovey stuff got on my nerves - he is a 900 year old Alien who wants friends. He has a great pair with Amy & Rory, and the dynamic between the three of them works so well.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not many more weeks :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    ok no lovey dovey ;) no honest...:D Iike Rory,,, sweetie pie,,, but. .....not a stoodge... nothing worse than a man who is a sweeteie and and a stoodge...:rolleyes:
    (*I am gonna have to explain this one) .. I better explain now... he is a good character,
    Rory,,,,, he defended Amy .... what do you you want? Jeez, any man that would do that? sigh ,,,,any man that would do that ,, :(
  • sebbie3000sebbie3000 Posts: 5,188
    Forum Member
    One thing that is beginning to bug me a little, is the repeated ignoring of Arthur Darvill when articles are written about the upcoming series.

DS articles always only ever state Matt Smith and Karen Gillan as reprising their roles...

But so is Arthur!

And now - even the promo for Doctor Who in America has completely ignored the fact that he is there.

Do you think he might be a little of the 'silent' partner for the next series? That he might end up statying in the TARDIS one too many times, and his feelings of being left out of the loop
    lead to him making 'the biggest mistake of his life'? Remember - that mistake doesn't have to be life-threatening for anyone. He might bond with someone else whilst Amy is continually going off with the Doctor, causing major relationship ructions!

It just seems a shame to do him out of his popular role as new companion...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :p:cool:Rory has been a breath of fresh air and sort of like Mickey but more confident and handles Amy very assertive axyes she handles him well too
  • johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member
    Rory will always be third place - remember how the promotional material for the start of series 5 didn't even mention his existence? No front page spreads in the Sun about him being the Doctor's next companion, was there?

Rory could so easily end up just as the comic relief - personally I like the way he catches on slowly and is generally bewildered by the weirdness but is actually taking it in and is a lot smarter than expected - he is classic in Vampires of Venice, where he not only takes the wind out of the Dr's sails in understanding the TARDIS, but challenges him on how dangerous he is.

He is the complete anti-action-hero.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rory will always be third place - remember how the promotional material for the start of series 5 didn't even mention his existence? No front page spreads in the Sun about him being the Doctor's next companion, was there?

that'll be because he wasn't a full companion last year, which he is now, plus given the nature of his storyline last series it would have been a bit odd to make such a big deal about him.

Now i might agree that Amy/Karen will always have tardis seniority, but that is in keeping with the characters in any case.

Certainly I think Rory has proved to be a popular addition to the tardis crew. In the recent character survivor game on here he finished 6th, ahead of the likes Amy, Martha and Rose. Not bad for someone who will, supposedly, always be third place.
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ibdolent wrote: »
    I hope next year will be angst ridden - maybe the mid series cliffhanger will provide us with this. The emotional impact on everyone, including the Doctor is most welcome. By me.
    There was a thread recently devoted to whether the current Doctor should display more angst, as his 2 predecessors did.

I said he should, but I think I was in a minority.:)
    And, yes, I'm very much looking forward to seeing Rory again. I may have mentioned before - I love Rory.

So you two want to see the Doctor's reaction when Rory gets killed in front of him?! :eek: That's...OK actually, I kind of agree. :o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a poll on GB, started by someone looking to sh*t stir entitled "Get Rid Of Arthur Darvil...Get Rid Of Rory...". Has to be said that the poll results may not have gone the way the OP intended:

Yes - 3.89%
    No - 93.89%
    Maybe - 0.56%

:p

http://gallifreybase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88693

Lots of people wanting to see Rory again, apparently...;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a poll on GB, started by someone looking to sh*t stir entitled "Get Rid Of Arthur Darvil...Get Rid Of Rory...". Has to be said that the poll results may not have gone the way the OP intended:

Yes - 3.89%
    No - 93.89%
    Maybe - 0.56%

:p

http://gallifreybase.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88693

Lots of people wanting to see Rory again, apparently...;)

Love it - just as it should be :) ♥ Rory!

I think anyone trolling over here should have to put a poll on their thread - would indicate subject popularity without the inevitable descent into the normal arguments ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    KHC22 wrote: »
    I think anyone trolling over here should have to put a poll on their thread - would indicate subject popularity without the inevitable descent into the normal arguments ;)

I think we need to use the poll option more often now we can do so, I agree, because so often the vocal minority talk as though they represent everyone, when they actually represent almost no one more often than not..:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    well we don't have a start date for the nes series yet. There seem to be two schools of thought: one that thinks it might start in March and run through to Easter weekend, the other that it might start easter weekend. One or other seems likely.

It is March now :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is March now :)

Yeah, However it looks set to start Easter weekend by all accounts. The good news is rumour has it we may get a double bill over Easter weekend, with an episode on Saturday and Sunday.

Also, there will be a trailer running from this Saturday. First run should be before Saturday Kitchen.

And let's not forget The two Doctor Who sketches which are part of comic releif tomorrow, which Rory will, of course, feature in... :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, However it looks set to start Easter weekend by all accounts. The good news is rumour has it we may get a double bill over Easter weekend, with an episode on Saturday and Sunday.

Also, there will be a trailer running from this Saturday. First run should be before Saturday Kitchen.

And let's not forget The two Doctor Who sketches which are part of comic releif tomorrow, which Rory will, of course, feature in... :)

Thank you. :):):)