Options

Doctor Who - S8E11 - Dark Water - 1st Nov '14 - BBC One (HD) @ 8.15pm

Comments

• Options
    Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent

That along with Moffat now deciding that he knows what happens after death. I sat in horror as he decided that people who chose cremation can feel the pain of it, as do those who donate their bodies to science. Wow. Just wow.

LOL! I think you just won the 'most reactionary post of the year' award. Congratulations!

Doctor Who getting complaints again... :D A sure sign Moffat is getting it right.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent
    "The Nethersphere. You know it's ever so fun. The people who live inside that thing think they've gone to heaven"

I'll just leave that line here, if there's still some confusion.
  • Options
    smithers3162smithers3162 Posts: 828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good
    ironically for me just as the Doctor is starting to feel like the Doctor at long last the show itself takes another turn for the worse by turning the iconic Master into Mary Poppins.

That along with Moffat now deciding that he knows what happens after death. I sat in horror as he decided that people who chose cremation can feel the pain of it, as do those who donate their bodies to science. Wow. Just wow.

The sooner Clara joins Danny Pink wherever he is and never comes back the better. I can't abide either of them.

Shame you didn't understand the episode. Maybe try watching it again?
  • Options
    Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent
    CD93 wrote: »
    "The Nethersphere. You know it's ever so fun. The people who live inside that thing think they've gone to heaven"

Nice one. By all means people should criticise the show for things it does wrong or badly, but it can be irritating to see so many attack it for something they didn't understand, even when it was clearly explained.
  • Options
    Simon_AmblerSimon_Ambler Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    either way im looking forward to this
  • Options
    Jules_ThornleyJules_Thornley Posts: 2,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good
    Tony Tiger wrote: »
    Nice one. By all means people should criticise the show for things it does wrong or badly, but it can be irritating to see so many attack it for something they didn't understand, even when it was clearly explained.

I have to confess, I fail to understand elements of the show sometimes. Watching the episode again does help. Oh and not watching it having had a couple of glasses of wine.
    :blush:
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Excellent

I loved the delivery of this line. It was so scathing and derogatory :D
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Excellent
    I thought it was established at the end that the 'Nethersphere' is that big timelord beach ball, within which Missy has trapped some element of the consciousness of the dead. So it's not, in fact, about what really happens after death after all (unless you happen to be caught up in the nefarious plans of a renegade time lord.)

Yes, this ^^^. Maybe it won't actually be spelt out in Big Capital Letters until the second part but it was quite obvious that the 'dead feel things' stuff was, as the Doctor said, pure fakery and nothing but a scam and a racket.
  • Options
    GDKGDK Posts: 9,477
    Forum Member
    Good
    Anyone else spot the "miniature Clara" post-it? I've been wracking my brain but can't think of anything that we've seen that it could link to. Unlike all the other post-its we saw.

It doesn't make sense that the Cybermen would need permission to delete the emotions of their "dead" victims. It's never been a problem for them before - just grab the body, whip out the brain, pop it in the cyberbody and "Bob's yer uncle (or perhaps auntie)".

In fact, what use would the captured "souls" of the recently deceased be to them? They've always had/needed organic brains.

No. There has to be something else going on, more than the surface 3W scam, for it to make sense. It's a really mixed up concept right now.

I have no clue as to what that might be. Great, isn't it. :)
  • Options
    CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,023
    Forum Member
    GDK wrote: »
    Anyone else spot the "miniature Clara" post-it? I've been wracking my brain but can't think of anything that we've seen that it could link to. Unlike all the other post-its we saw.

Into The Dalek. I would assume.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent
    I suspect miniature Clara is related to the episode where Clara was turned miniature :p

It will come to you :D

EDIT: Sniped by a much too helpful poster!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good
    Into The Dalek. I would assume.

D'oh! Of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good
    Ever asked what you thought was good, thoughtful a question, and immediately realised it was just dumb? :(:D
  • Options
    Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    LOL! I think you just won the 'most reactionary post of the year' award. Congratulations!

Doctor Who getting complaints again... :D A sure sign Moffat is getting it right.[/QUOTE

• Options
    HestiaHestia Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    Good
    Yes, this ^^^. Maybe it won't actually be spelt out in Big Capital Letters until the second part but it was quite obvious that the 'dead feel things' stuff was, as the Doctor said, pure fakery and nothing but a scam and a racket.

Comment on the BBC website in response to complaints have plainly said just that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Excellent
    Hello, first post..bit of a lurker..

Loved this episode..thought the script was fantastic..the analogy Seb used of babies in the womb on a telephone call to explain the possibilty of an afterlife was..divine!

I first thought the post it notes that Clara was using were perhaps to remind her of what she is supposed to say to Pink..possibly been memory wiped with a worm or something to protect any paradoxy goings on if the Doctor has found a way round saving Danny?? maybe thats why she was telling him to shut up so he listened to her before the accident?

I have seen the MTV interview with Michelle Gomez and thought her first quote is interesting..wont discuss it incase its spoiler and also dont click it if you think it might have a spoiler in it (not sure if link has been put on here yet already but just incase it hasnt...)

http://www.mtv.com/news/1983988/doctor-who-michelle-gomez-missy/
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    Just took a cursory glance at the official Facebook page. Wow. So much hate. :(

I mean, at least SOME of us liked it on here!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Excellent
    I've actually seen more positivity than negativity for Missy,

But every comments chain seems overbearingly different. Hence why the production team scoffs at them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 497
    Forum Member
    I've actually seen more positivity than negativity for Missy,

But every comments chain seems overbearingly different. Hence why the production team scoffs at them.
    Well, I would certainly hope so! The last post for instance, ends with the words 'Who's excited?', which implies a request for feedback. And then the whole thing's just people going "no", "meh" or ranting about series 8 as a whole!
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Excellent
    emby2 wrote: »
    Well, I would certainly hope so! The last post for instance, ends with the words 'Who's excited?', which implies a request for feedback. And then the whole thing's just people going "no", "meh" or ranting about series 8 as a whole!

You always see that on FB officials fan pages people who like are supposed to be fans yet about 95% of the comments are negative not just in Doctor Who but anything I'm a wrestling and and if you read the comment you would think it was a anti wrestling page
  • Options
    Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent
    Hmm. I would guess the role she was originally approached about would be Madame Kovorian? Or if it was from this season I guess the Bank of Karabraxos woman.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good
    sonicsocks wrote: »
    Hello, first post..bit of a lurker..

Loved this episode..thought the script was fantastic..the analogy Seb used of babies in the womb on a telephone call to explain the possibilty of an afterlife was..divine!

I first thought the post it notes that Clara was using were perhaps to remind her of what she is supposed to say to Pink..possibly been memory wiped with a worm or something to protect any paradoxy goings on if the Doctor has found a way round saving Danny?? maybe thats why she was telling him to shut up so he listened to her before the accident?

I have seen the MTV interview with Michelle Gomez and thought her first quote is interesting..wont discuss it incase its spoiler and also dont click it if you think it might have a spoiler in it (not sure if link has been put on here yet already but just incase it hasnt...)

http://www.mtv.com/news/1983988/doctor-who-michelle-gomez-missy/

Nice first post!

Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy it here. :)
  • Options
    rr22rr22 Posts: 7,631
    Forum Member
    Excellent
    Tom Tit wrote: »
    Hmm. I would guess the role she was originally approached about would be Madame Kovorian? Or if it was from this season I guess the Bank of Karabraxos woman.

Gomez was approached for this season.
  • Options
    Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent
    446.09375 wrote: »
    Very good point, surprised nobody has commented on that.

I believe it has been commented on

Someone also asked why has she got some kind of weird bracelet

Someone else suggested its linked - the bracelet allows her to pass in/out of the matrix.