Conspiracy theories you buy

Comments

• man_bear_pigman_bear_pig Posts: 441
    Forum Member
    Nearly everything, from where they were, what way they went out, the speed they were going, the route they took, the paparazzi not catching anything if there were others involved, the lack of a seatbelt, the fact that although Diana was fatally injured she wasn't killed instantly, the bodyguard surviving, the French authorities being inept...

And on your conspiracy side you have "amnesia is convenient".

What were the chances of her writing to a friend before the 'accident' that she believed her husband was planning to have her killed in a car accident ? And then it happening ?
  • Jean_KellyJean_Kelly Posts: 422
    Forum Member
    Gilbertoo wrote: »
    But she wasn't pregnant and there's......actually forget it, you're clearly a deluded CTer.

What's a deluded CTer?
  • lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What were the chances of her writing to a friend before the 'accident' that she believed her husband was planning to have her killed in a car accident ? And then it happening ?

You mean the undated letter that refers to her "husband" rather than "ex-husband"? Written by a well known paranoid woman?

It's the same amount of chance as her writing that then dying of old age.
  • WinterFireWinterFire Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    If I remember correctly, Alistair Darling said that about the time of the crash and bailout, the phone calls he received from the higher ups in the banking sector had suspicious similarities, as if there had been collusion before they were made. I believe this because there have been quite a few examples in banking (e.g. manipulating interest rates) where there was apparent collusion in the banking sector.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jean_Kelly wrote: »
    What's a deluded CTer?

A person who peddles unsubstantiated theories based on nothing more than fanciful conjecture, assumptions and disinformation.
  • bootyachebootyache Posts: 15,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jean_Kelly wrote: »
    What's a deluded CTer?

Hey JK, is this where you're hiding?

:D

Haven't seen you for ages. ;-)
  • BrotherDanielBrotherDaniel Posts: 1,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Islam was invented by the Vatican
  • Nowhere DanNowhere Dan Posts: 1,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bootyache wrote: »
    Hey JK, is this where you're hiding?

:D

Haven't seen you for ages. ;-)

CT'er must stand for

"Charismatic Trencher"

Hi too, Jean :)
  • konyakonya Posts: 5,004
    Forum Member
    Islam was invented by the Vatican

Amen!
  • laurieloulaurielou Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vickkij wrote: »
    I heard a theory that the US shot down flight 93, but said it was over ran by passengers as they thought there would be a backlash for doing it. As it turns out people wouldn't have minded as it saved lives, but if they admitted they had lied about this then it would open a whole can of worms for other conspiracies about 9/11 and no one would believe them about anything.

I always thought this too - in fact, it seemed the most obvious explanation to me even at the time, and I remember being surprised by the 'passenger overpowering' version actually, it seemed a bit Hollywood and far-fetched to me . If you were in charge of national security and you knew that a number of planes had already been used in terrorist acts and you knew another one had been hijacked and this was it and headed your way- well, why do you think they scramble fighter jets?

I'd say that's more of a cover up than a conspiracy a la Diana though. I don't believe that, because I really don't think she was that much of a threat. She'd been hounded for weeks in a press frenzy, with stories daily, as I recall, and the crash fitted with that version of events - it's just the shock of it that got to people.

Do believe the Westminster abuse cover-up one though. But wouldn't go as far as lizards...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konya wrote: »
    Amen!

So you think that Islam was invented by the Vatican?

Why would they do that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why would they do that?

Did someone misread and think it said:

Jesus Islam of God who taketh away the sins of the world?

Face-palm if so . . .
    Forum Member

Why would they do that?
    This thread is purely for conspiracies, Boots, this one is a good one hence why I am going with the flow ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CT'er must stand for

"Charismatic Trencher"

Hi too, Jean :)

Hey Dan.

:)

What's your favourite conspiracy?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    konya wrote: »
    This thread is purely for conspiracies, Boots, this one is a good one hence why I am going with the flow ;-)

OK

Do you think that conspiracies are invented purposely to cause paranoia?
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    afx237vi wrote: »
    Paul is dead.

Faul lives :)
  • warlordwarlord Posts: 3,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We will never know just how many Soviet agents were active in the West during the cold war.
    Forum Member
    OK

Do you think that conspiracies are invented purposely to cause paranoia?

No, people believe what they believe, they mention it to some other bellend who jumps on the bandwagon, a snowball starts to grow and hey presto it's out there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey Dan.

:)

What's your favourite conspiracy?

Well, the twin towers were ALL of the following: controlled explosions by the US government; remote controlled aeroplanes; an act of terrorism.

The CIA detected the plot, prepared the planes, and allowed the terrorists to believe that they were controlling the planes through all those improbable manoeuvres in the air. In fact, the planes were being guided by pilots from an unassuming crop dusting firm in the south of the USA, and after the impacts, buttons were pressed to implode the buildings. This was all prompted by neoconservative fears of Chinese imperialism and the reluctance of the American people to increase military spending without feeling like the world was imminently about to end.

JMO.

:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did someone misread and think it said:

Jesus Islam of God who taketh away the sins of the world?

Face-palm if so . . .

Keep the face-palm cos I think you're talking rubbish.

Islam was not Jesus's surname.

:p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keep the face-palm cos I think you're talking rubbish.

Islam was not Jesus's surname.

:p

And here I was thinking that because the topic was conspiracies, I was expected to talk rubbish. . .

My bad.

Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, the twin towers were ALL of the following: controlled explosions by the US government; remote controlled aeroplanes; an act of terrorism.

The CIA detected the plot, prepared the planes, and allowed the terrorists to believe that they were controlling the planes through all those improbable manoeuvres in the air. In fact, the planes were being guided by pilots from an unassuming crop dusting firm in the south of the USA, and after the impacts, buttons were pressed to implode the buildings. This was all prompted by neoconservative fears of Chinese imperialism and the reluctance of the American people to increase military spending without feeling like the world was imminently about to end.

JMO.

That's not my favourite

Mine is where the Queen Mother was choking on a bone, rushed to hospital. When she got there, they had to release a press statement to cover up what they really found.

They said she was choking on a fish bone.

I know someone who knew a relative who had a nephew whose cousin was related to the nurse who seen the Queen Mother being rushed into the hospital.

They then rang their relative who was the cousin of the nephew and who then told their relative of the person who I knew and found out that the bone was in fact her own bone.

The Queen Mother was just hungry and bit her own jaw off.
  • coughthecatcoughthecat Posts: 6,876
    Forum Member

JMO.

I was with you all the way until you mentioned the Chinese. There are no Chinese. They're all CIA crisis actors because the CIA want to fool sheeple into believing there's a threat! :o
  • LinseyapLinseyap Posts: 5,748
    Forum Member
    I could believe a lot of things, the things people in power will do...
  • sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Usain Bolt is a very obvious user of performance enhancing drugs. So are quite a few other Jamaican athletes. Bolt is protected by the athletics authoritues as it would hurt the sport too much if the truth was revealed.