The Andrea Faustini Appreciation Thread

Comments

• Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HildaLG wrote: »
    As I haven't been on an outing for over two years my husband would love me to go. I can find someone to sit with him for one afternoon but I've heard that you have to queue for a long time and transport is difficult. It would just take too long. I live near Swindon.

I wish they would put the X Factor tours on DVD, I'm sure they would sell well :)

My husband is disabled, but not enough to be house bound. He went to the tour 2009 (with the 2008 contestants) but that was to please me - I went to see JLS :)
  • Robert_WhippyRobert_Whippy Posts: 2,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys just a quick visit.

How are all you andrea fans. is he close to signing for anyone
  • delzdelz Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys just a quick visit.

How are all you andrea fans. is he close to signing for anyone

Hello Robert hope you are well. No news yet on Andrea but we are patiently waiting as I'm sure you are for Lauren :)

Isn't it today Ed Sheeran is in Rome? Don't look like the duet is coming off then :(
  • bladerunner1bladerunner1 Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    Hello Faustinis, I'm new to all this but just wanted to thank you all for keeping the info coming - you do a great job!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello Faustinis, I'm new to all this but just wanted to thank you all for keeping the info coming - you do a great job!
    Hello and welcome blade runner :) Hopefully there will be a lot more news coming up with the tour starting and maybe even a contract signing ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 757
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    delz wrote: »
    Hello Robert hope you are well. No news yet on Andrea but we are patiently waiting as I'm sure you are for Lauren :)

Isn't it today Ed Sheeran is in Rome? Don't look like the duet is coming off then :(

I don't think the are tour rehearsals are actually starting today so its a real shame that it doesn't seem to be happening but there ya go! It wouldn't surprise me if syco had a problem with Andrea getting to do such a big show instead of Ben who duetted with Ed in the final. :/
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dbarnz wrote: »
    I don't think the are tour rehearsals are actually starting today so its a real shame that it doesn't seem to be happening but there ya go! It wouldn't surprise me if syco had a problem with Andrea getting to do such a big show instead of Ben who duetted with Ed in the final. :/

Wouldn't surprise me either unfortuately :( if thats right it seems unfair though that they could dictate what happens in his own country :( Perhaps Andreas really in Rome and is going to surprise us all haha, well a girl can dream hey? ;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wouldn't surprise me either unfortuately :( if thats right it seems unfair though that they could dictate what happens in his own country :( Perhaps Andreas really in Rome and is going to surprise us all haha, well a girl can dream hey? ;-)

They have far too much control >:(

But yes, who knows! That would be amazing :D It would be such a lovely moment for him.
  • HildaLGHildaLG Posts: 1,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have far too much control >:(

But yes, who knows! That would be amazing :D It would be such a lovely moment for him.

When is the Ed Sheeran concert in Rome? I must say that I was surprised that Ed teamed up with Ben for the final. It felt as though he had jumped ship to please Simon. Who knows what goes on. These companies are all tied up together. I only ever voted for one other person on the show. I gave him one vote for every five that I gave to Andrea but he got the Simon treatment early on so from then on I just voted for Andrea and was paying for 25 calls per performance. I've never been so foolish before but I couldn't bear to see such a treasure torn down. That boy got a raw deal and it still hurts me. I emailed Simon's company to tell him how I felt but it made no difference. What are we going to do to help him if he doesn't get a decent record deal? I vote for group funding. What say you?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When is the Ed Sheeran concert in Rome? I must say that I was surprised that Ed teamed up with Ben for the final. It felt as though he had jumped ship to please Simon. Who knows what goes on. These companies are all tied up together. I only ever voted for one other person on the show. I gave him one vote for every five that I gave to Andrea but he got the Simon treatment early on so from then on I just voted for Andrea and was paying for 25 calls per performance. I've never been so foolish before but I couldn't bear to see such a treasure torn down. That boy got a raw deal and it still hurts me. I emailed Simon's company to tell him how I felt but it made no difference. What are we going to do to help him if he doesn't get a decent record deal? I vote for group funding. What say you?

The concert is tonight., no news at all so doesn't look like the duet is going to happen :( I was a little disappointed that Ed seemed to change camps at the final, makes you wonder what to believe about any of the spin the programme tries to feed you. I felt very much the same as you about phone voting, hated that I was potentially lining their pockets but obviously wanted to support Andrea as much as I could. I'm up for any funding/pledges should it be needed but I'm sure he will be fine ;-):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty confident that funding wont be needed :) If he doesn't get a contract by the end of the tour I'm sure he'll at least get some kind of deal in Italy. But I have high hopes that he'll get a decent label here!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty confident that funding wont be needed :) If he doesn't get a contract by the end of the tour I'm sure he'll at least get some kind of deal in Italy. But I have high hopes that he'll get a decent label here!

Have you clicked on Andrea's last tweet. Oh my! Wow! Wow! Be still my beating heart! At my age, it's not good to beat so hard. Ella Fitzgerald would have loved him. That boy can sing. Does Simon know what passion is? If that wasn't a passionate performance I don't know what is. I'm so glad that Andrea has posted that. The performance stands alone. Simon's reaction can be judged for what it is. Mel said that Andrea's performances are honest and true. He has true integrity.
    Maria Carey used to be a fabulous singer until she fell in love with herself and lost the honesty and truth Mel spoke of. Now her performances say "Look at what I can do. See how I can trill". We want a passionate communication and that's what Andrea gives every time. Amazeballs. Go Andrea. Our shining star!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you clicked on Andrea's last tweet. Oh my! Wow! Wow! Be still my beating heart! At my age, it's not good to beat so hard. Ella Fitzgerald would have loved him. That boy can sing. Does Simon know what passion is? If that wasn't a passionate performance I don't know what is. I'm so glad that Andrea has posted that. The performance stands alone. Simon's reaction can be judged for what it is. Mel said that Andrea's performances are honest and true. He has true integrity.
    Maria Carey used to be a fabulous singer until she fell in love with herself and lost the honesty and truth Mel spoke of. Now her performances say "Look at what I can do. See how I can trill". We want a passionate communication and that's what Andrea gives every time. Amazeballs. Go Andrea. Our shining star!

Summertime was my favourite of all Andreas live show performances, totally worlds apart from anyone else in the competition. I'm sure that had he been mentored by Simon, that would have been classed as one of the performance of the series rather than being torn to shreds by him >:(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Summertime was my favourite of all Andreas live show performances, totally worlds apart from anyone else in the competition. I'm sure that had he been mentored by Simon, that would have been classed as one of the performance of the series rather than being torn to shreds by him >:(

It's a rather strange choice for the tour managers to send out, though. I can't figure out why they would choose this performance. Is it because Andrea was totally outstanding, was it to question Simon's verdict, or to spread his message. I think it's game, set and match to Andrea!
    I've decided to be brave and try to tweet but it tells me that the location thingamajig is turned off. Help!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a rather strange choice for the tour managers to send out, though. I can't figure out why they would choose this performance. Is it because Andrea was totally outstanding, was it to question Simon's verdict, or to spread his message. I think it's game, set and match to Andrea!
    I've decided to be brave and try to tweet but it tells me that the location thingamajig is turned off. Help!!!

I think that is okay, just means it wont tweet your location?

I would love to hear Summertime on the tour :blush::) I certainly wouldn't be complaining:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys I've seen stuff on twitter that suggests andrea is at eds concert!!!
  • bladerunner1bladerunner1 Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    So hope that's true!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is definately there :D Not sure he is going to sing though :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't look like a duet is happening but I'm glad Ed invited him along :) hopefully they'll get to talk backstage!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesn't look like a duet is happening but I'm glad Ed invited him along :) hopefully they'll get to talk backstage!

Yes definately, I'm glad Ed stuck to his word and it wasn't just for the show :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He is definately there :D Not sure he is going to sing though :(

Even if he doesn't get to sing we should hopefully get some pics on twitter :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes definately, I'm glad Ed stuck to his word and it wasn't just for the show :)

What did Ed promise. I didn't hear abut that. I'm sure Ed will invite Andrea to sing if his contract allows. Al the finalist have been doing gigs so I don't see why Andrea couldn't sing in Rome. It would give Andrea such a boost to sing before such a huge crowd. Go Andrea! Go Ed!
  • AmusedmooseAmusedmoose Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow big news about Ed Sheeran! I missed that, even if he didn't get to sing with him it's great he was invited along right?:D

I think the future is bright for Andrea! I've got a really good feeling, if he doesn't get signed after this tour I'll eat my large collection of hats.;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JazzyJaney wrote: »
    Wow big news about Ed Sheeran! I missed that, even if he didn't get to sing with him it's great he was invited along right?:D

I think the future is bright for Andrea! I've got a really good feeling, if he doesn't get signed after this tour I'll eat my large collection of hats.;-)

The Italian audience would love one of their own to be invited to sing. I've read that Ed is a very good business man and this would be an astute move to lock in his Italian fan base. Fingers crossed. Andrea needs some luck.