Do u ever hate your new phone?

gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Got my new phone yesterday and for about an hour was cursing it upside down. Now that I've got everything back on it. Passwords sorted and a general feel for it, I'm loving it.
honestly though at first I was like I hate this....why did I bother etc.

Comments

• GeordiePaulGeordiePaul Posts: 1,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes - my first Samsung Galaxy S (S1). Except, in this case, it wasn't a case of getting used to it, in fact, it was a complete dog of a phone. Unstable, lacking in memory, and just a poor phone. Got rid after 3 months and got an HTC Nexus One instead, which technically was inferior but in reality, was much better to use.
  • The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    I've hated every Samsung I've ever bought or received.
  • IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I get what I like and played with a bit. I stopped listening uncritically to other people's opinions after a HTC Desire disaster which I did hate.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For me it was cause of who I spoke to at O2. They said when I receive the phone. Just pop the new sim in and that's you.
    In reality after it wouldn't work I had to go to the O2 website register the new simn against my number and receive a text back saying it can take 24hrs. It only took about half an hour, just it threw me a bit.
  • mrMickmrMick Posts: 1,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only phone I ever disliked was some strange Motorola thing I had years ago with a Three contract. Luckily it wasn't my contract (they caught mum at the perfect time - she'd been in bed after a night shift, and was quite suggestable!). I didn't like the phone and, because of the lack of 3G coverage at the time (it was a long time ago) I didn't like the network, either, though that was mainly because of how badly the 3G to 2G handover was made and the call would drop. So I went back to vodafone lol.

Of the phones i've had on contract myself, i've liked them all. I wouldn't have picked them otherwise. They were usually Nokia, until i wanted a smartphone, then I went for Samsung. Never looked back :p
  • DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    I've hated every Samsung I've ever bought or received.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha !!!!
  • Rossby41Rossby41 Posts: 955
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wasn't overly keen on the Samsung Ch@t 335. It was slow and buggy. And it once took 5 attempts to post a picture onto Facebook via WiFi once. That's what broke that camels back, and I went to Pay monthly with network, and got a HTC Desire X.
    That touch pad and keyboard did feel nice to use though.
  • 1manonthebog1manonthebog Posts: 3,707
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, got an S5 at Christmas, not overly impressed, its Touchwiz that made a mess of a decent spec phone, I could root but wouldn't want to ruin warranty so I think its going to eBay
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    Yep, got an S5 at Christmas, not overly impressed, its Touchwiz that made a mess of a decent spec phone, I could root but wouldn't want to ruin warranty so I think its going to eBay

Or just install another launcher and Touchwiz goes away. No root needed
  • finbaarfinbaar Posts: 4,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dai13371 wrote: »
    Or just install another launcher and Touchwiz goes away. No root needed

TouchWiz is more than just the launcher (although installing Action or Nova launcher would help). Every bit of the interface has been made ugly by Samsung. Just look at the settings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I was with iPhones for a good few years, and when I lost my phone (during a night out I remember very little of - for shame) I decided it was time for a complete change. And possibly thanks to the hangover decided that a Windows Phone was the best choice for me. So I bought a Nokia 1020, and while I do love the feel of the phone in my hand, it's really nicely balanced, light and comfortable, I hated the operating system at first.

Now that I'm used to it I'm more tolerant, but I still think I'd love it much more if it was running Android or iOS :P
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    I disliked my S3 to start with, but then the more i used it and installed Nova, i loved it.

Same with my iphone 4S. Didnt really like that, but then got used to it apart from a few niggles. But then i actually grew to disliking it again so got rid of it.
  • EssexAimeeEssexAimee Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    When I made the transition from iphone 4 to the samsung S3 being an avid Iphone user I didnt get on with it then absolutely loved it. When one of my contract came up for renewal it was between S4 and Iphone 5, I chose the latter and wish I hadnt 10 days latter sold the iphone went back to the S3 really wish I had gone with the S4.
  • Dai13371Dai13371 Posts: 8,071
    Forum Member
    finbaar wrote: »
    TouchWiz is more than just the launcher (although installing Action or Nova launcher would help). Every bit of the interface has been made ugly by Samsung. Just look at the settings.

Depends mate. My Note 4 looks infinitely better than the S5. Yeah, there is a mish mash of tw and material design but I dont let it get to me.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind tw too much. I'm actually loving my s5 mini now.
    only issue is there's a bug/clash with bluetooth and wifi. Hope they realise and fix it with an update.
  • PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    My Samsung Galaxy S5.

On paper, it's the bee's knees. It looks great and it felt great to play with in the shop. But when I took it home, it wasn't comfortable to use like my iPhone 5S. You can't have apps and folders together in the apps draw, when playing games, my finger kept catching one of the touch sensitive keys, taking you out of the game, the little piece if plastic over the changing point is a nuisance and feels like it's going to break off at any time, the interface is laggy and inconsistent and awkward, the external speaker is very poor and tinny and if your phone's on a surface (which it is 90% of the time) the speaker grill is covered over making the sound muffled. RAM usage always seems to be at 90%, photos came out blurred far too often, which rarely happened on my iPhone, there's no permission control like the iPhone 5S, so apps such as Facebook were doing all kinds of things in the background, usually draining my battery.

I thought the Galaxy S5 was better than the iPhone 5S but in every benchmark test I did comparing them, the iPhone 5S won every time.

It's 6 months later and I still don't like it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another vote for the S5, a decent phone on paper that is ruined by TW. It makes a 2GB phone run like a 512mb device.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    Pencil wrote: »
    My Samsung Galaxy S5.

On paper, it's the bee's knees. It looks great and it felt great to play with in the shop. But when I took it home, it wasn't comfortable to use like my iPhone 5S. You can't have apps and folders together in the apps draw, when playing games, my finger kept catching one of the touch sensitive keys, taking you out of the game, the little piece if plastic over the changing point is a nuisance and feels like it's going to break off at any time, the interface is laggy and inconsistent and awkward, the external speaker is very poor and tinny and if your phone's on a surface (which it is 90% of the time) the speaker grill is covered over making the sound muffled. RAM usage always seems to be at 90%, photos came out blurred far too often, which rarely happened on my iPhone, there's no permission control like the iPhone 5S, so apps such as Facebook were doing all kinds of things in the background, usually draining my battery.

I thought the Galaxy S5 was better than the iPhone 5S but in every benchmark test I did comparing them, the iPhone 5S won every time.

It's 6 months later and I still don't like it.

Permissions mean nothing. Its actually just another complication added for no reason. I have never in all my time using Android seen facebook doing things flattening a battery. I use facebook and my battery on my LG G3 lasts 2 days at a push with stuff running in the background. No 5S can do that with permissions turned on limiting certain uses.

The button catching did my head in on my S3 but i got used to it.

It is a shame Samsung hobble the phone with TW, but benchmarks between 2 completely different operating systems mean absolutely nothing and cannot be compared accurately. Put a vanilla version of Android on the S5 and i can guarantee the 5S will fall waaay behind!

Camera, well my dad has an S5 as does my step mum and ive never seen a pic come out blurred yet. Perhaps a fault with the camera?
  • NephelerNepheler Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Everytime when I tried to unlock with my finger...why not samsung also bring it to Galaxy!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 177
    Forum Member
    My two worst mistakes were getting a T-Mobile Windows phone around 2007 and being unable to even make calls on it. and also a pretty poor Symbian Nokia few years later when Android was just starting to take off.

I made very sure I did my research the next time round and got a Galaxy S2.