Options

The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Options
    Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a flying visit ;-)

Alex will be on Mell and Sue next Wednesday:)

ITV1 at 4 pm :)
  • Options
    ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    Sounds interesting if we're talking about this RedOne and Frank...
    And as for the Mel and Sue show, thanks for posting this one! Because as always Alex didn't say a word about it ;D
  • Options
    beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Frank Gatson is Beyoncés choreographer they've been friends for years! Red One is still an acquaintance but we should read too much into it.
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    on the interview this morning she said EP end of march and album early 2016 lol

2016 NOW smhhhhhh lol
  • Options
    pjh8pjh8 Posts: 4,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lmaooo, I remember when we were first told "Hey guys not releasing a third single from HOH, instead releasing a new album in 2013 with RNB bangers xx" :'((
  • Options
    Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pjh8 wrote: »
    Lmaooo, I remember when we were first told "Hey guys not releasing a third single from HOH, instead releasing a new album in 2013 with RNB bangers xx" :'((

To be fair, she never, ever said she was releasing an album with "RnB Bangers".

With regards to the third album in 2016, that was to be expected. She's going to be doing The Bodyguard tour all this year so it was obvious she wouldn't be releasing an album.
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    on the interview this morning she said EP end of march and album early 2016 lol

2016 NOW smhhhhhh lol

The Bodyguard musical is 9 months if I'm not mistaken so there's no other possibility. Hopefully we'll hear it then though.

Can't wait to hear the EP but that means we won't be hearing anything else from March on until 2016 :(

LOL @ Alex on her snapchat :')
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To be fair, she never, ever said she was releasing an album with "RnB Bangers".

With regards to the third album in 2016, that was to be expected. She's going to be doing The Bodyguard tour all this year so it was obvious she wouldn't be releasing an album.

I'm pretty sure she said those exact words...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm pretty sure she said those exact words...

She never, ever said that. If you can find me the interview/tweet where she said that I'll gladly be proved wrong, but I'm sure she never said that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She never, ever said that. If you can find me the interview/tweet where she said that I'll gladly be proved wrong, but I'm sure she never said that.

Well sorry to burst your bubble but she 100% said this when tweeting about making the new album. I can't find the tweet as it was back in 2012 but how can you be so sure one of her thousands of tweets didn't say that? Do you even follow her? Maybe the people who actually do like Zack, Shoed,beastieletsgo,Nick,Arun etc might remember.
  • Options
    Dave0893Dave0893 Posts: 13,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well sorry to burst your bubble but she 100% said this when tweeting about making the new album. I can't find the tweet as it was back in 2012 but how can you be so sure one of her thousands of tweets didn't say that? Do you even follow her? Maybe the people who actually do like Zack, Shoed,beastieletsgo,Nick,Arun etc might remember.

I can't find the tweet either, but DS reference to it here in an article.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a406655/alexandra-burke-working-on-us-album.html#~p2BHGuWkUZOZZM
    When asked by a fan if she was recording music for a US album, she replied: "I certainly have...!" adding that fans can expect to hear "R&B bangers".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave0893 wrote: »
    I can't find the tweet either, but DS reference to it here in an article.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/news/a406655/alexandra-burke-working-on-us-album.html#~p2BHGuWkUZOZZM

Thank you!!
  • Options
    Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She did say it 100% as in the article above.

She also said it in an #AskAlex.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She didn't say that. Also, that DS article is absolute rubbish and a complete miss-quote. The reason I know that is because at the time it was published we were all discussing in this thread how there was no tweet from her during the ask alex where she said "RnB Bangers", and we were all saying how unreliable the article was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She didn't say that. Also, that DS article is absolute rubbish and a complete miss-quote. The reason I know that is because at the time it was published we were all discussing in this thread how there was no tweet from her during the ask alex where she said "RnB Bangers", and we were all saying how unreliable the article was.

Could you link to that thread page please?

I seem to recall it was around the time some random article appeared claiming she was recording a "gospel album" and we all got scared, but it was a misquote and she cleared it up herself. Maybe that's what you're confusing it with.

I even remember people asking her in an #AskAlex if she was still planning on recording uptempos and she said yes there would be a mix of "ballads, midtempos and R&B bangers" or something to that effect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As for the album, shoed lol are you really still surprised at this point?

The album isn't coming any time soon, if at all. It's only the start of 2015 and she's already pushed it back to next year., not a good sign. It doesn't exist and she probably hasn't even started it.

Like I said before, she will probably sign up to another theatre show by the end of the year, or sidetrack into something else. The EP will drop and flop as the last two did. I just hope that the quality of the music is better than the last one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    Could you link to that thread page please?

I seem to recall it was around the time some random article appeared claiming she was recording a "gospel album" and we all got scared, but it was a misquote and she cleared it up herself. Maybe that's what you're confusing it with.

I even remember people asking her in an #AskAlex if she was still planning on recording uptempos and she said yes there would be a mix of "ballads, midtempos and R&B bangers" or something to that effect.

Yes, you're right. That was it. Sorry, my mistake. I knew there was an article where she was misquoted and got confused. Sorry. Thanks for reminding me!
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zack06 wrote: »
    As for the album, shoed lol are you really still surprised at this point?

The album isn't coming any time soon, if at all. It's only the start of 2015 and she's already pushed it back to next year., not a good sign. It doesn't exist and she probably hasn't even started it.

Like I said before, she will probably sign up to another theatre show by the end of the year, or sidetrack into something else. The EP will drop and flop as the last two did. I just hope that the quality of the music is better than the last one.

How would she release an album while doing TBG though? It's the only option to release next year
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe that she has recorded the third album and I'm not surprised it's not coming until 2016, what with her doing The Bodyguard etc...it was to be expected. The thing is though, what might sound great and current right now won't necessarily sound great and current in a years time. If she's recorded most of the album with the intention of thinking she'll do The Bodygurard and then it will be pretty much ready for release in 2016, then I think she's made a big mistake. Music evolves all the time and I don't thinbk it's a good idea to record an album and sit on it for a whole year.
  • Options
    ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    The album is for sure not finished just yet, but I don't think that you can say that there is no album 3 at all. She has to have some material. I refuse to believe that she is empty handed right now :) And I think it's a good deal with this release in 2016 but only if it will really happen. Because if not, then really there's no hope for it.
    And she wrote on her IG that next BeastSessions video is coming out next week :)
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    Alex is on Mel & Sue today! She looks great. Surprised she's on there actually. She seems to pop up every now and again on TV lol. :)
  • Options
    beastieletsgobeastieletsgo Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looked great on mel and sue. Yesterday her make up was on point but she had crimps...CRIMPS! The last time I say someone with crimps was 3years ago.

Regarding this album situation she probably won't release the album and will try and launch her self as an actor.

This is also something I hate when she discloses that she will do something but no thought has gone into her speech. Look on Facebook it says New album New sing 2014...2014?
  • Options
    djc_22djc_22 Posts: 1,614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alex was on GMB this morning. Nothing new, EP still end of March and the album is late 2015/early 2016. She did say though that she scrapped the album she recorded in America and had to start again with her team here? Is this the album which had No More You and was supposedly ready last year?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    djc_22 wrote: »
    Alex was on GMB this morning. Nothing new, EP still end of March and the album is late 2015/early 2016. She did say though that she scrapped the album she recorded in America and had to start again with her team here? Is this the album which had No More You and was supposedly ready last year?

Looks like it. She obviously lost the album that she'd worked on with Vinylz, Dre & Vidal etc and she's started again with JPL & co so it's obviously an indepedent release, probably won't be very good production like New Rules, but we'll have to see.
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    ye was just gonna post she said American album got scrapped ... finally she speaks lol

tbh she's working with quite a good team in UK lately so we'll have to see