Options

Danny dyer - debut Eastenders

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 870
Forum Member
✭✭
In the scene in the pub with Alfie it just highlighted how bad Danny Dyer is at acting. I really love him but he can't act.

Comments

• Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed, he was pretty bad when he appeared in Casualty as the fake paramedic, I really can't see why some seem to rave over him.
  • Options
    PenelopePopcornPenelopePopcorn Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    mossy2103 wrote: »
    Agreed, he was pretty bad when he appeared in Casualty as the fake paramedic, I really can't see why some seem to rave over him.

His cheesey grin at the end of every scene? >:(
  • Options
    D*****D***** Posts: 3,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the scene in the pub with Alfie it just highlighted how bad Danny Dyer is at acting. I really love him but he can't act.

:blush:
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 202,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D***** wrote: »
    :blush:

Is that you ..... Danny ? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

He should fit in well with the rest of the cast then! ;-)
  • Options
    radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How plausible is it that a supposed family man, and definitely not a hard man criminal, has hundreds of thousands of pounds just lying around and makes a spur of the moment decision to buy a pub on Xmas Day???
  • Options
    Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,299
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he can still be the hard man. Someone who is a good guy and softie with his family but also someone who won't take any shit from anyone. Lets face it he's shirleys brother so he won't be that soft.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Getting rid of Dirty Den was a huge mistake, and the beginning of the decline in EE.

Peggy was more: 'Carry on' than anything like a real landlady, and Alfie has been 'the clown' who couldn't run a bath, let alone a boozer.

Den was mean, but keen, and he made sure the pub opened on time and that the customers got served. Unlike Alfie who is permanently phased by his disastrous love life - looking like a puppy that hasn't been fed for a week. Alfie is a nice guy, but he's one of life's 'victims', and in real life he wouldn't last a day in a London pub, other than collecting the glasses - but then he'd probably get side-tracked doing that.

I suspect Danny Dyer is an attempt to recreate Den, so far it looks like another long-shot that may miss the target by a wide mile.
  • Options
    jonjonsjonjons Posts: 4,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a poor entrance, tonight will be better with him announcing he is Shirleys brother.

I like the slow burner having Tina then his wife introduced but last night pussy-footing around did not work as we had never seen him before and inless you who Danny is there would be no connection or careness to him being around
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i agree the acting wasn't the best but im prepared to give him a chance as i love him so much!:blush:
  • Options
    cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    Peter_CJ wrote: »
    Getting rid of Dirty Den was a huge mistake, and the beginning of the decline in EE.

Peggy was more: 'Carry on' than anything like a real landlady, and Alfie has been 'the clown' who couldn't run a bath, let alone a boozer.

Den was mean, but keen, and he made sure the pub opened on time and that the customers got served. Unlike Alfie who is permanently phased by his disastrous love life - looking like a puppy that hasn't been fed for a week. Alfie is a nice guy, but he's one of life's 'victims', and in real life he wouldn't last a day in a London pub, other than collecting the glasses - but then he'd probably get side-tracked doing that.

I suspect Danny Dyer is an attempt to recreate Den, so far it looks like another long-shot that may miss the target by a wide mile.
    Great post. I haven't yet seen yesterdays episode and was trying to stay away from here, so I wouldn't find out anything about it, but I still had to read!
    I doubt anyone could recreate Den, in fact I think it was more the actor making Den, rather than the writers....

Going by what the posts say, the new landlord is going to be less Dirty Den, and more like a slighter harder versión of Alfie.........yawn.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    The unwritten eastenders rule of no one gets the better of phil may be hard to pull off here.

In their scene yesterday Danny dyer was about a foot taller than him and around 15 years younger yet of course phil will still be capable of putting the frightened on him
  • Options
    Dan_1983Dan_1983 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DUNDEEBOY wrote: »
    The unwritten eastenders rule of no one gets the better of phil may be hard to pull off here.

In their scene yesterday Danny dyer was about a foot taller than him and around 15 years younger yet of course phil will still be capable of putting the frightened on him
    That would be just stupid and unrealistic.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dan_1983 wrote: »
    That would be just stupid and unrealistic.

Of course so that means it will happen
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The hype is annoying me, #BoxingDyer indeed, his character is not single, feeling sorry for Kellie Bright already, nothing like being shunted to the background as fodder for feeding a massive ego.
  • Options
    Dan_1983Dan_1983 Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here is an interview with Danny Dyer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01ns18b
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dan_1983 wrote: »
    Here is an interview with Danny Dyer.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p01ns18b

I love that interview. It's so honest and straight-talking.

I think with Mick Carter, there will be no grey area. Viewers will either love him or hate him. However I do think he was born to be in EastEnders.
  • Options
    cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was so hammy... I expected to him throw his head back in maniacal laughter in the pub mwahahaha now I'm one of you there's no escaping me now..
  • Options
    O-JO-J Posts: 18,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually liked him last night!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought he was so bad that he made Alfie and Phil look worthy of an Oscar!
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    I thought it was bad how Shane Richie came across more natural than Dyer, I mean Shane Richie natural... wtf!
  • Options
    D. MorganD. Morgan Posts: 4,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was his first scene, it takes a while to settle.
  • Options
    JigglyBallJigglyBall Posts: 1,484
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually hoping he's a bit of a hard nut. I really don't want another jolly Alfie-type behind the bar.
  • Options
    RingoJ739KRingoJ739K Posts: 23,347
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm prepared to give him a chance tonight. Didn't really see much of him last night, so I couldn't really give an opinion yet.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought it was bad how Shane Richie came across more natural than Dyer, I mean Shane Richie natural... wtf!

Shane Ritchie has been playing Alfie Moon on and off for 10 years now.I don't think Shane Ritchie is the best actor in the word but he knows his character inside out. He should be a natural by now.

Last night was Danny's first scene. I can't comment on his acting. He wasn't particularly impressive but he wasn't particularly bad either.