Options

only fools and horses - official statement from Jim Sullivan regarding OFAH cuts

12346»

Comments

• Options
    keicarkeicar Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Luckily I have all the episodes as broadcast, even those with the original theme tune, and the rare episode 'Thicker Than Water' that was cut because of a derogatory comment made to Grandad not knowing that it would be his last.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All I can say is I'm glad I bought them all when they were first released on vhs rather than wait for the edited dvd releases. The only one I think I'm missing is an episode called Christmas Trees which I don't think was ever released (unless it's been released since on dvd?). Someone's posted it on youtube but it only appears to me 9 minutes long.
  • Options
    keicarkeicar Posts: 2,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was the first Xmas special and lasted 30 minutes, in fact IIRC was quite funny. I'm sure I've got it with the original theme tune.

There were some other shorter Xmas broadcasts, not officially episodes.

You sure you don't mean 'Christmas Trees'?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/onlyfools/christmas/1982_trees.shtml
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    keicar wrote: »
    That was the first Xmas special and lasted 30 minutes, in fact IIRC was quite funny. I'm sure I've got it with the original theme tune.

There were some other shorter Xmas broadcasts, not officially episodes.

You sure you don't mean 'Christmas Trees'?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/onlyfools/christmas/1982_trees.shtml

That's the one. I think it's the only one not released?
  • Options
    jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    Ahhh yes it was now I remember. Don't know why I thought it was Del probably just my hazy memory. I hope they do release them all uncut, as there is nothing in there that's truly offensive. My girlfriend has the complete Love Thy Neighbour collection (for some reason there's only 2 episodes on each disc) and as far as I can tell no cuts have been made to that and it uses far more politically incorrect language, is less funny and more dated. If Thames TV can release this, surely the BBC can release OFAH in its entirity, complete and uncut.

I noticed that the BBC were happy to air an episode of Dad's Army on Saturday night that included a reference to "fuzzy wuzzies". It was briefly mentioned in a passing, non-intentionally offensive way, but so too were the references in OFAH so what's the difference?

Ironically I heard the term used twice in one weekend, as it was also used by Mr Chomondly-Warner on the Harry Enfield programme!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    “Hi Lee, we do have some good news for this. New agreements in place mean that work is definitely underway to source as much of the original material as possible along with extra content in order to bring together a true ‘Collectors Edition’. Whilst no specific dates have been given a release next year is planned.”

Any update on this? That was from 2011 so it's not looking good it seems :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who knows . Filthy rich got rereleased and still had edits.
  • Options
    me_plus_oneme_plus_one Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lulz77 wrote: »
    Any update on this? That was from 2011 so it's not looking good it seems :(

Been another little while now. Is there any news if any on the possible release of any uncut dvd's?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd have thought it's enough to say that the term was abused so much by people who quite frankly, and undeniably, were out and out racists, that the term is now so poisoned we just don't use it.

Not sure why the need to nitpick at this point.
  • Options
    me_plus_oneme_plus_one Posts: 703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Been 8 months since my last post.
    Is there any news if any on the possible release of any uncut dvd's?

Whenever the current set of dvd's goes on sale at a reduced price one website gets multiple comments every time highlighting that the set has lots of cuts, and wishing for an "uncut" set.

Does anybody have any knowlege as to if the BBC are prepared to undertake an uncut box set?
    I heard I suppose what you would call rumours a while back, that they were working on it but nothing has materialised?

Has anyone actually contacted the BBC regarding the release of an uncut set I wonder?
  • Options
    Pete WatermelonPete Watermelon Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Any update on this? What an absolute joke this has become.
  • Options
    ArtfulDodger_ArtfulDodger_ Posts: 3,808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A DVD release is highly unlikely, given that DVDs are going out of fashion, a digital release is far more likely, and cheaper.
  • Options
    Pete WatermelonPete Watermelon Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    Can anyone else shed any light on this? I don't that any of the DVD's are unedited, and that includes the ones that were sold with the comics.

Anyone know?
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    I think it is time to give up on this now, We are unlikely to get them uncut
  • Options
    Jimmy_CarterJimmy_Carter Posts: 1,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    I think it is time to give up on this now, We are unlikely to get them uncut
    Not neccesarily, Itunes sell Jolly Boys Outing uncut so there is hope yet. Common sense will surely prevail sooner or later.

I used to own the Region 1 American DVDs and some episodes where uncut, in fact a few where extra long, Health and Wealth and Little problems where almost an hour long running times and Royal Flush was the original version if I remember correctly. I sold them as some episodes where still cut and I couldnt play the DVDs on my laptop. I wished I kept them now just for those episodes.