Benefits Street: C4 6th Jan 9pm

Comments

• FrankieFixerFrankieFixer Posts: 11,530
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He is 5yrs old , the fact he was out on the street , alone in the dark is abusive in itself .
    I work for social services . I am well aware what they would consider a waste of time. Your comments horrify me. You are in the minority if you condone this treatment of a child.

I think people phoning up social services after watching a show on channel 4 might be in the minority. Let us know how the investigation goes.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    I think people phoning up social services after watching a show on channel 4 might be in the minority. Let us know how the investigation goes.

How sad that you find someone who care's about children annoying. I feel very sorry for you and truly hope that if ever a child relative of yours is physically abused that someone cares enough to report it.
    You have given the impression you are totally unaware that children suffer in this country usually at the hands of people they know.Sheer ignorance.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How sad that you find someone who care's about children annoying. I feel very sorry for you and truly hope that if ever a child relative of yours is physically abused that someone cares enough to report it.
    You have given the impression you are totally unaware that children suffer in this country usually at the hands of people they know.Sheer ignorance.

The last thing a stretched service needs is every Tom, Dick and Harry overreacting and reporting something trivial they watched on an edited TV show. They are already watching the show they don't need you acting like the TV police.
  • belmontbabebelmontbabe Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Becky's children looked terrible. The little boy is so skinny his head looks too big and both of them are a terrible pale colour. I think they need some help and fast. Her partner seems to have additional learning difficulties.
    Forum Member
    The last thing a stretched service needs is every Tom, Dick and Harry overreacting and reporting something trivial they watched on an edited TV show. They are already watching the show they don't need you acting like the TV police.
    As I've said the fact that you think that a 5yr old child wandering the streets in the pitch black , mixing with drunks and drug addicts , being sworn and shouted at aggressively and then being dragged in a way which very easily could have caused a spiral fracture to his arm ( and yes I'm also a nurse) is trivial is far more worrying than a SW'S time being wasted. I'd rather waste an adults time than see a child suffer.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    :o

No thanks.

lol, well im sure someone will buy it
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As I've said the fact that you think that a 5yr old child wandering the streets in the pitch black , mixing with drunks and drug addicts , being sworn and shouted at aggressively and then being dragged in a way which very easily could have caused a spiral fracture to his arm ( and yes I'm also a nurse) is trivial is far more worrying than a SW'S time being wasted. I'd rather waste an adults time than see a child suffer.

What you dream up 'could have happened' is neither here nor there. You shouldn't be wasting the time and resources of people who are already stretched with your overreactions. What did you even expect to happen, the children to be put in care?
  • HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People can change

That's my point. But they'll only change if they choose to.
    Forum Member
    What you dream up 'could have happened' is neither here nor there. You shouldn't be wasting the time and resources of people who are already stretched with your overreactions. What did you even expect to happen, the children to be put in care?
    Yes!! And please don't tell me what I should and should not be doing everyone including you has a duty to protect children . Child abuse is a crime.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm not in favour of censorship but in this case I'll make an exception.
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    That's my point. But they'll only change if they choose to.

And with some help
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess what I'm trying to say (albeit inarticulately)is that becky and mark seem to love their kids and want to care for them... however they seem to lack the skills to do so. I would love a pet penguin, but it would be severely neglected as I have limited skills and knowledge of polar birds :D
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Noooway wrote: »
    I guess what I'm trying to say (albeit inarticulately)is that becky and mark seem to love their kids and want to care for them... however they seem to lack the skills to do so. I would love a pet penguin, but it would be severely neglected as I have limited skills and knowledge of polar birds :D

But surely the problem is that they should have thought about having children first and then taken parenting lessons?
    Forum Member
    But surely the problem is that they should have thought about having children first and then taken parenting lessons?

You could argue that everyone should have to take parenting classes before having A child
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    True, but that's the thing about parenting, you learn on the job so to speak.

I didn't have a scooby when i had my son, still don't now if I'm honest. But he's fed, clothed, healthy and happy.
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    You could argue that everyone should have to take parenting classes before having A child

Escept, of course, that the vast majority of parents work it out just fine by themselves. By reading books and stuff. By treating their kids how they themselves would like to be treated if the roles were reversed. It's really not that difficult.

Almost nobody needs someone to come to their house and explain to them that it might not be the best thing in the world for their kids to be living in a filthy shithole or roaming the streets with alcoholics and addicts for company.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does this mean she might finally be wearing a bra? If so, then yay!
    Forum Member
    Almost nobody needs someone to come to their house and explain to them that it might not be the best thing in the world for their kids to be living in a filthy shithole

i agree with that they should try ans get the place tidied up,
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes!! And please don't tell me what I should and should not be doing everyone including you has a duty to protect children . Child abuse is a crime.

What a ridiculous idea to take children into care on the whim of you phoning about a piece of edited footage you watched on a TV show. I don't think social services are quite at that desperate and draconian a stage, yet.
  • belmontbabebelmontbabe Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    I suppose most people replicate how they were parented so some degree. Their parents were probably hopeless.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'White' Dee rally thinks she something special, good help us, when she has interviews in every down-market rag, and then the TV series...
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Almost nobody needs someone to come to their house and explain to them that it might not be the best thing in the world for their kids to be living in a filthy shithole or roaming the streets with alcoholics and addicts for company.

Yes I agree, it does not take a genius of a parent to know that you keep your place clean and tidy, and do not let your kids play with drug addicts and alcoholics.
    Forum Member
    What a ridiculous idea to take children into care on the whim of you phoning about a piece of edited footage you watched on a TV show. I don't think social services are quite at that desperate and draconian a stage, yet.
    I have worked for social services for 30yrs and have had children that have been removed for a lot less than the abusive parenting we have seen .
    It doesn't matter that it is on tv , on the internet , in the street or in someones home . Social services have a duty to protect children

"Section 47 of the Children Act 1989 places the local authority under a duty to make enquiries, or cause enquiries to be made, where it has reasonable cause to suspect that a child is suffering, or is likely to suffer, significant harm."

You are commenting on a subject you obviously know very little about .