Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• mgvsmithmgvsmith Posts: 16,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DreC wrote: »
    Not very modern tbh it's more of a throwback to the late 90's early 00's garage sound.

I'm more talking about that sound, rather than this particular song.

The modern thing about it for me is that it is structurally unadventurous and it has all these wandering vocal lines which really do nothing. If that is the late 90s garage sound fair enough, it doesn't sound unpleasant just not edgy.

It might be better to listen to some Big Beat 90s and 00s music like The Prodigy, The Chemical Bros, Fat Boy Slim, Leftfield etc ...I don't know if their producers are into that. Just a thought.
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't realise MNEK worked on NFLY. He's very talented and has some great connections in the music business, I hope Little Mix are making the most of these.
  • casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Salute' is on 130k :o.

I'm guessing that's because of streaming! It's looking like it will be the most successful post-album single.
    Wow, I just saw Buzzjack's sales estimate for Salute the single leaped to 130k. I assume that's with the streaming from 2014 included. I thought the single was currently on 112k as of beginning of this week.

If the early streaming is included it will easily be their best selling post album single. A little unfair because the older songs didnt have streaming data. If the 3rd album lead is like their other lead singles the sales should be nice and healthy.

Echo echo. :p. Do you think as Salute falls further down the sales might be pumped up a bit from whatever streaming its still getting? The lower positions are close together so I can see it floating around longer down there. Maybe that 200k mark isnt out of the question.
  • siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm guessing that's because of streaming! It's looking like it will be the most successful post-album single.

Hopefully all their other singles get streaming added to it and we can have a consistent sales thread, it's sales definitely aren't that high yet, I think it will manage it soon though. I believe streaming is getting more and more popular though so salute could very well end up doing the best.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Move got that 28k boost from streaming to make Gold just from 2014 data. Imagine what that would have been if 2013 data was available.
  • Melissa.Melissa. Posts: 1,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

CasualViewer is happy. I think her heart would have sank if CYL became their most successful post-album single. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melissa. wrote: »
    CasualViewer is happy. I think her heart would have sank if CYL be a me their most successful post-album single. :p

Like a dagger to the heart. Now I think Salute could make 150k or more before it falls out of the top 100.

Before Aldu chimes in with the just a digit remark, these figures arent just. They represent more cred with the public, more bargaining power for LM with the label, and buy more time as a signed artist.
  • EpicEastendersEpicEastenders Posts: 1,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Echo echo. :p. Do you think as Salute falls further down the sales might be pumped up a bit from whatever streaming its still getting? The lower positions are close together so I can see it floating around longer down there. Maybe that 200k mark isnt out of the question.

Sorry CV, I never seen your post :(!

Yeah, I agree it will leave the Top 100 with around 150k sales! Silver certification by the end of 2015 I believe. Bookmark me ^_^!
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone catch Little Mix on E! news?
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone catch Little Mix on E! news?

No. What was said? It wasn't about farting was it? ;-)
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did they say on E news
  • DumdedumdumDumdedumdum Posts: 1,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a lot of rain this morning but it has improved so should be nice for the girls' slot at British Summer Time later.
  • Emma_WaughmanEmma_Waughman Posts: 12,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, Saw a picture and the hosts (I think) was talking to a guy opposite them and they had a screen in the middle with that picture of everyone holding Perrie up. Apparently they discussed how much the funfair cost Zayn.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 143
    Forum Member

Perrie and Zayn blah blah blah
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perrie and Zayn blah blah blah

Zzzzzzzz

Uh oh Salute was #40 in the mids and its not shown yet at #38. Hoping it didnt fall out already but improved.
  • DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apprantely this is the running time pic.twitter.com/ceYPFlKRLI looks like they have a hour set :)
  • ll_Calypso_llll_Calypso_ll Posts: 4,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zzzzzzzz

Uh oh Salute was #40 in the mids and its not shown yet at #38. Hoping it didnt fall out already but improved.

Well it's definitely dropped out. I imagine it'll be ~#41 a la 'Little Me' in its 8th week, which is unfortunate.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad it has.

Hope their next single is better. Still cant believe it got to #6.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it's definitely dropped out. I imagine it'll be ~#41 a la 'Little Me' in its 8th week, which is unfortunate.

I'm going to hold Ed Sheeran and his billion tracks and the OCC's streaming inclusion personally responsible for the shorter chart run.

I bet on the old sales only chart its still doing well.
    1992 wrote: »
    I'm glad it has.

Hope their next single is better. Still cant believe it got to #6.
    You. Step outside, please.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LM seem to be going down well at Hyde Park from Twitter comments, so what else is new. How big a crowd is that?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LM seem to be going down well at Hyde Park from Twitter comments, so what else is new. How big a crowd is that?

looks pretty big

https://twitter.com/JohnGiddings01/status/488356644691009536

https://twitter.com/mixersupdatesIT/status/488354836707295233
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why are they at Hyde Park?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    Why are they at Hyde Park?

For a summer concert.;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DreC wrote: »

Are they all there for Tom Jones? :o

For me its been fun following their progression on the lineup hierarchy over the last 2 years, from being way down in the list with 15 min. sets to sharing with the final headliners for much longer.
This discussion has been closed.