Options

Putting The Sun on the top shelf because of inner boobies? Who do I vote for now?

2»

Comments

• Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You asked. I gave you an example. Why are you now trying to score points with:

"But but but.."

Eh? I'm not. He might be very good. Just saying that those 2 journalists undermine any good reporting done in the paper.

Don't forget that this is the paper that recently had to apologise for carrying out a witch hunt against Stuart Jeffries and published the story of a muslim terrorist shooting in Norway
  • Options
    Hector RivaHector Riva Posts: 2,233
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishguy wrote: »
    Eh? I'm not. He might be very good. Just saying that those 2 journalists undermine any good reporting done in the paper.

Don't forget that this is the paper that recently had to apologise for carrying out a witch hunt against Stuart Jeffries and published the story of a muslim terrorist shooting in Norway

What is a better debate is, with all that you state: Why is The Sun still the no1 newspaper in the UK and who IS buying it.
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is a better debate is, with all that you state: Why is The Sun still the no1 newspaper in the UK and who IS buying it.

Clearly a lot of people are buying it, but popularity is never a good indicator of quality.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrHoppy wrote: »
    Ooh! Are you making an ironic joke? If you are it's quite clever.

Seriously read what was said. I say that lesbians *might* like page 3. The implication was not that *all* lesbians might like it, but that *some* might. You seem to have assumed I meant the latter. If there is ambiguity in something I say, please assume i intended it to be interpreted as the rational option.

Do you dispute that you made a generalisation? I agree that it is a stereotype that lesbians don't care about image, and there may be truth to it. It is also generally true that guys care more about what ladies look like. However, there are exceptions to these rules.

I'm sorry if I'm stating the obvious.

I never asked you to describe how you're a misogynist.

Stop attention seeking, I'm not interested in a debate with you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,103
    Forum Member
    I never asked you to describe how you're a misogynist.

Stop attention seeking, I'm not interested in a debate with you.
    Oh dear LOL.

If you were interested in debating, i would ask what you mean by 'misogynist', why you think i am one, and why you think i've descibed myself as one.

I think you bailed because you failed.

P.S. Hot lesbians totally do exist BTW. I've seen videos!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear LOL.

You think you're LOL as in full of knowledge?

I pity your body to have a dog's brain in it.
  • Options
    trinity2002trinity2002 Posts: 16,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Because it's cheap :)

If the daily sales figures of 3 million are correct then less than 10% of the adult population of this country are actually buying it.

Even if we then add on online readership and sharing of the newspaper I reckon probably 80% of the adults in this country don't bother with it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You think you're LOL as in full of knowledge?
    Yes? No? I don't know?
    I pity your body to have a dog's brain in it.
    All you care about is my body. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear LOL.

If you were interested in debating, i would ask what you mean by 'misogynist', why you think i am one, and why you think i've descibed myself as one.

I think you bailed because you failed.

P.S. Hot lesbians totally do exist BTW. I've seen videos!

I answered your post, stop adding to it with random thoughts and thinking you have a 'time limit' to correct your insults.

I'm not a SUN reader, you know. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes? No? I don't know?

All you care about is my body. :(

A decent debate ruined by crap again.

Crap attention seekers who have zero to give.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because it's cheap :)

If the daily sales figures of 3 million are correct then less than 10% of the adult population of this country are actually buying it.

Even if we then add on online readership and sharing of the newspaper I reckon probably 80% of the adults in this country don't bother with it.

The Sun usually claim that one newspaper bought is read by three people, that's how they make up their score.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sun usually claim that one newspaper bought is read by three people, that's how they make up their score.

So around 20% then?

Which is what I said :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A decent debate ruined by crap again.

Crap attention seekers who have zero to give.
    Go back and see who started slagging who off. Personal insults aren't cool but i'll respond if other people start. If you want to debate then debate.

I propose that there's nothing "wrong" with page 3. It's just some woman with her baps out. Why should people have to segregate matters relating to sexuality from everything else? Why is nudity something that is "dirty", when it's just a human body? Why is it something kids have to be "protected" from seeing?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So around 20% then?

Which is what I said :)

Well you said 10% are buying it. So 10% of 62 million is?

The Sun claims READERSHIP not BUYER.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well you said 10% are buying it. So 10% of 62 million is?

'the Sun claims READERSHIP not BUYER.

I think you should read my post again, or at least the last line :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 302
    Forum Member
    Extremely illiberal, we should have more nudity not less and be less hung up about it.

I think it was hugely positive that the Sun reformed page 3 and made it silicone free. As long as the images are of adults, who don't have bodies mutilated by plastic surgery then what's the problem?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you should read my post again, or at least the last line :)

I disagree with you and their points. Readership is different than actual newspapers sold. Readership is a suggestion, for example a guy working on a building site will buy The Sun, everyone on the building site reads the one paper.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I disagree with you and their points. Readership is different than actual newspapers sold. Readership is a suggestion, for example a guy working on a building site will buy The Sun, everyone on the building site reads the one paper.

So you disagree with The Sun's own estimates of one newspaper between 3 people?........ok :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you disagree with The Sun's own estimates of one newspaper between 3 people?........ok :)

What's with the smiley?

It's their own estimates.

Estimates from a twisted and corrupt company.

How deluded are you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What's with the smiley?

It's their own estimates.

Estimates from a twisted and corrupt company.

How deluded are you?

The smiley was to suggest I wasn't trying to be argumentative, but don't worry I won't bother anymore.

I've come to the conclusion that I now have absolutely no idea what you are on about.

Why would The Sun underestimate its readership? What possible corrupt reason would there be for that?

Because if their estimates of 3 people reading 1 bought copy are correct ( this came from you btw ) then that amounts to a readership of around 20% of the adult population.

You said you disagreed :confused:

Are they underestimating or overestimating......or a better question is: Do you actually have any idea what you are talking about here?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The smiley was to suggest I wasn't trying to be argumentative, but don't worry I won't bother anymore.

I've come to the conclusion that I now have absolutely no idea what you are on about.

Why would The Sun underestimate its readership? What possible corrupt reason would there be for that?

Because if their estimates of 3 people reading 1 bought copy are correct ( this came from you btw ) then that amounts to a readership of around 20% of the adult population.

You said you disagreed :confused:

Are they underestimating or overestimating......or a better question is: Do you actually have any idea what you are talking about here?

I come up with equal scores, I'm not someone that lacks knowledge in the media world. In fact, it was me who wasn't agreeing with the score.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I come up with equal scores, I'm not someone that lacks knowledge in the media world. In fact, it was me who wasn't agreeing with the score.

This, I believe, was your response to my estimate ( and as you have informed me, The Sun's as well ) of around 20%
    I disagree with you and their points.

Or were you disagreeing with something else :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This, I believe, was your response to my estimate ( and as you have informed me, The Sun's as well ) of around 20%

Or were you disagreeing with something else :confused:

You've destroyed this thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You've destroyed this thread.

Because of your inability to read posts properly :confused:

You haven't answered my question either, but don't bother, it is clear you just want to be argumentative for the sake of it so I'll leave you to it.

It's a shame DS don't allow name changes anymore because I think trinitythethreaddestroyer has a nice ring to it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because of your inability to read posts properly :confused:

You haven't answered my question either, but don't bother, it is clear you just want to be argumentative for the sake of it so I'll leave you to it.

It's a shame DS don't allow name changes anymore because I think trinitythethreaddestroyer has a nice ring to it.

Wow, obviously you have issues with anyone who dares to take you on. Is trinitythethreaddestroyer something you and your mind dreamt up in-between medication?