Emma Chawner - the new Jade Goody? (Part 10)

Comments

• MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member
    When Sam did her walk thing a few of us on here sponsored her. Noticably none of her family did so.
  • tenorladytenorlady Posts: 1,976
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sam jogged for Japan didn't she? Did Phil post the link to her sponsorship page?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    No, they defo don't have a sponsor page....just checked. Mind you, considering the hash they made of their online application I doubt they'd managed to get their names in before it times out on them.

R4L is useless for me, I have loads of "Good Luck" and "Well done" messages and if each of those messages was accompanied by ten pence I'd probably make a heap of cash.....but I have tight friends and family. Proper bunch of Arkwrights they are!
  • AwesomeGeorgeAwesomeGeorge Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    My god-daughter, Rhiannon, in the UK, managed to raise 55 pounds for cancer research, but it is really difficult to persuade people to sign up for any form of sponsorship. I get the impression Race For Life in the UK raises money through the applicants willing to run 5k or 10k rather than any individual sponsorship.

However, the Chawner family are in the unique position of being micro-celebrities, and thus have several thousand Facebook friends. They really ought to capitalise on this fact and raise a huge amount of money. Even if the girls walked the course very, very slowly, it really wouldn't matter. Just think of the difference a few thousand might make to UK Cancer Research.
  • Leicester_HunkLeicester_Hunk Posts: 18,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why don't they do a sponsored slim instead? Be more use.
  • MrIncredibleMrIncredible Posts: 5,034
    Forum Member

I suspect they'd end up owing money.
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D

That is probably true and would be most unfortunate. That would really 'muck up their money' to quote Audrey, who despite her exhortations for the unemployed to get down the job centre and get some skills if they have none, has absolutely no insight into her family's indolent, benefit dependent, ways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMtvkQXbQ5c
    Forum Member
    They would never manage that. After God knows how many TV shows, personal trainers, celebrity chefs, boot camp stays, and so on and on and on and on, they have failed to shift more than a pound or two, it seems the Chawners remain Britain's Fattest Family™ and have no plans to resign.

I find it pitiful they seem to think they are adored in my country. Hardly anyone has heard of them, and those that have, are hardly enamoured. :(
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tenorlady wrote: »
    Sam jogged for Japan didn't she? Did Phil post the link to her sponsorship page?

Yes she did tenor lady - and there were very few sponsors on there - a few long-term members on here (myself included) very kindly sponsored Sam, but she really didn't have many others - I didn't see any friends or her parents name on her link!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    They would never manage that. After God knows how many TV shows, personal trainers, celebrity chefs, boot camp stays, and so on and on and on and on, they have failed to shift more than a pound or two, it seems the Chawners remain Britain's Fattest Family™ and have no plans to resign.

I find it pitiful they seem to think they are adored in my country. Hardly anyone has heard of them, and those that have, are hardly enamoured. :(

Are the Chawner's still off the TV in New Zealand, or are their 'adoring' fans in New Zealand going to be 'treated' to more Chawner TV? :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D:D Nice post to go to bed on. So true!
    Forum Member
    jack_1471 wrote: »
    Are the Chawner's still off the TV in New Zealand, or are their 'adoring' fans in New Zealand going to be 'treated' to more Chawner TV? :p
    Indeed we are, the show has been restored to prime time TV, 9.30pm on Saturday - next episode is the holiday to Wales and I am already feeling nauseous about the hot tub scene.:eek: Although maybe it has been edited out? -
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    I wonder if Phil has been told the news. I'm sure he's delighted the people of New Zealand are going to be treated to more Chawner TV :p

Out of interest, what's the welfare system like in NZ? Are the Chawner's a British phenomenon or do they exist the world over :eek:
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jack_1471 wrote: »
    I wonder if Phil has been told the news. I'm sure he's delighted the people of New Zealand are going to be treated to more Chawner TV :p

I'm sure Phil posted the other day that they were back on the air in NZ. I seen some posts earlier with folk saying they were delighted the family were back on their tvs. I don't know how genuine these people are with their praise though :D

I think some of the veterans on this thread discussed the welfare state in NZ a while back, but I can't fully remember if we ever got further than "They'd never be allowed in!" :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_welfare_in_New_Zealand

The Chawners would NOT be welcome in NZ, despite the fact they think they "rock". :cry:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 454
    Forum Member
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_welfare_in_New_Zealand

The Chawners would NOT be welcome in NZ, despite the fact they think they "rock". :cry:

I'm not so sure they'd be welcome on the flight over to start with. Can you imagine being stuck in a sealed metal tube for 26 hours with them?! :eek:

The fighting, the screaming, the crying, the constantly engaged loos. In the words of Queen Audrey, "Noooooo thank you very much!"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loopzilla wrote: »
    I'm not so sure they'd be welcome on the flight over to start with. Can you imagine being stuck in a sealed metal tube for 26 hours with them?! :eek:

The fighting, the screaming, the crying, the constantly engaged loos. In the words of Queen Audrey, "Noooooo thank you very much!"
    Exactly. Not quite Chawnertastic.
  • kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loopzilla wrote: »

Aud wouldn't even bother going to the loo :eek: She'd just wee and fart in her seat :mad: The girls wouldn't even be allowed to go and sit in different seats. They'd all just squash together in one row :mad:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Surely they would need two seats each on the plane? That's mandatory on flights these days isn't it, for larger than average people? My friend who is 25 stone (and utterly lovely, works full time, and is probably healthier than me) always pays for 2 seats when she flies, she says it's expected if one is over a certain size. I wonder how long it will be before airlines bring in size checkers, for people, like they have with bags? You know, the cage thing at the airport, where you have to see if your bag will fit, and if it doesn't, you pay extra for it to go in the hold?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The French Open may finish today, but just think, on Wednesday those of us without HD get to experience the full horrors of Chawnerville right from the start. I haven't watched it since it first aired. I think I'll have a totally different slant on it.

Loopy, did you do your fab reviews right from the beginning?.......:o I'm too lazy to check out the last part unless you did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tally wrote: »
    The French Open may finish today, but just think, on Wednesday those of us without HD get to experience the full horrors of Chawnerville right from the start. I haven't watched it since it first aired. I think I'll have a totally different slant on it.

Loopy, did you do your fab reviews right from the beginning?.......:o I'm too lazy to check out the last part unless you did.
    I think I can feel a duvet day coming on for Wednesday. Shall I ring in sick with my dodgy gallblabbers, poorly overs, sleep hackney, lorry diabetes, aspic reflex or helicopter pylons?

Is it sad that I am excited about the fact the Chawners are being repeated (just like cucumber does to Phil)?
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    I think I can feel a duvet day coming on for Wednesday. Shall I ring in sick with my dodgy gallblabbers, poorly overs, sleep hackney, lorry diabetes, aspic reflex or helicopter pylons?

Is it sad that I am excited about the fact the Chawners are being repeated (just like cucumber does to Phil)?

it is quite sad, yes.
    But we understand!! :D
  • Madonna38Madonna38 Posts: 2,078
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like I should be ashamed of my excitement over the Chawners being repeated...but I'm not. I'm going to get loads of sweets and chocolate and trifle (I don't even like trifle but I have to make these sacrifices so I can be healthy, afterall it is one of my five a day).

What time does it start?
  • greengrangreengran Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've got them all on my planner and watch them over and over again, I don't know why, they just fascinate me, no that's not really the right word,they interest me. They are so awful, I do feel sorry for Audrey as the other 3 pick on her and use her as the butt of their jokes all the time.Emma acts like a little girl, makes hurtful comments to Sam, then says 'only joking'. She really needs to grow up, and Phil, I can't stand his smirk. It's like a horror film you watch it but it repells you at the same time. Nevertheless I shall keep watching.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Madonna38 wrote: »
    I feel like I should be ashamed of my excitement over the Chawners being repeated...but I'm not. I'm going to get loads of sweets and chocolate and trifle (I don't even like trifle but I have to make these sacrifices so I can be healthy, afterall it is one of my five a day).

What time does it start?

Oops, my bad. It starts on Tuesday 12th @ 10pm, then is repeated Wednesday @ 3am and 2pm. It's only being shown one episode a week so we've months of full Chawner Horror ahead. :eek: :D