The first part of Conors 'Rap'

13»

Comments

• Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He must have some connections to the producers, it is insane!
  • CranberryappleCranberryapple Posts: 12,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It gets worse everytime I see it.

I know what you mean:(

I think I have seen and heard enough but watch it again and think, Why oh why is he still in there!!: It really does beg belief.:confused::mad:
  • KubrickKubrick Posts: 1,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    completely agree! people are going way OTT with this, i know loads of lads that talk like this..yes some people got offended but now he's had his slap on the wrist, so just calm down!

So because you know scumbags, like yourself, who think that kind of talk is acceptable that makes it ok, does it?

If this is what 18-30 year old 'men' are like nowadays then god help our daughters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    completely agree! people are going way OTT with this, i know loads of lads that talk like this..yes some people got offended but now he's had his slap on the wrist, so just calm down!

Do you feel that it's acceptable to talk to someone like that then ? I certainly don't ! Yes I know it's getting to be acceptable amongst young people, but that doesn't make it right, and if we keep going in this direction then the next thing will be that it's acceptable to kick someone's head in because people know "plenty of other people that do it". It needs to be stopped, it's revolting behaviour and it's one of the reasons this country is going down the tubes.
  • oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    quasimoron wrote: »
    What he said was unacceptable whether to a male or female.Last year both Jay and Tom threatened violence, were not punished and there was no furore on here. Jay had obvious anger problems but was protected or others blamed for his outbursts.There were comments about bullying made by Emma.Obviously C5 kept that all that hidden.

Why because they were made to Aaron and that was ok.It was not ok, Threats of violence are never ok.His character was ripped to shreds here and on the BB satelitte shows and that was ok. it is not ok for it to happen to Aaron or to Deanna. it is never ok.
    Darnell made comments just as vile to Sara in BB9 and was not ejected. According to the Star Conor is out if he steps out of line again and rightly so.
    Imo the minute you threaten violence or become abusive, you should be out the door.
    I agree with your post. However, I missed a lot of last year's because it became too revolting to watch or even read the forum so I must have missed the threats of violence. You are right about BB9 and the worst thing about it is that he was treated as some kind of hero by many of the viewers and on this forum.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    premixxed wrote: »
    It's not inaudible SG, it's quite audible.

He said it.

I will clean it up and isolate what he said if you want, though I don't think it needs it.

As far as I recall, it wasn't quoted in the diary room when they were warning him - at least not in the versions I have seen posted on the forum.
  • MikeTheTykeMikeTheTyke Posts: 324
    Forum Member
    premixxed wrote: »
    This is a tipping point for C5 and BB, if they don't do the correct thing I think that the franchise will be irreparably damaged.

Nah. You're just blowing it out of proportion. Deana has even been told and she is over it. You're getting angry on her behalf even though she doesn't want or need you to.

It's quite patronising really, suggesting that she can't handle the situation on her own.
  • B L ZeebubB L Zeebub Posts: 9,134
    Forum Member
    Nah. You're just blowing it out of proportion. Deana has even been told and she is over it. You're getting angry on her behalf even though she doesn't want or need you to.

It's quite patronising really, suggesting that she can't handle the situation on her own.

I don't believe that she's been told what Conor said.

She may have been asked if she is OK, after the obvious targetting of her during the task, but no way would she be OK with hearing those words! :mad:
    Forum Member
    AJ3 wrote:
    Skirt around the issue all you want, he is a racist, it wont be long before he makes a racist remark too, BB should save themselves and eject him.

So he hasn't yet made a racist remark yet you say he IS a racist? How does that work?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'Racist' is getting out the heavy artillery and doesn't really cover it. As with the Shilpa incidents, none of the protagonists are likely to be fascist-racist types; there is no reason to suppose that Conor has ever said an openly racist remark in his life.

It is more a violent intolerance towards anyone who is culturally different. Deana is a Birmingham girl in her way, but she is also an Indian girl, with something of the careful manners that struck Shilpa's detractors as so stuck up. She is the product of a culture where girls are expected to speak quietly and respectfully to others, to avoid explicit sexual conversations and not to have storms and tantrums. It is obvious that other housemates (especially Connor) interpret this as her looking down on them. They also feel that they can't 'read' her, as they can so easily read Ashleigh, for example.

I am not sure it is helpful to use the word 'racist', which conflates this kind of prejudice with the Nick Griffins of the world.
    There is nothing to justify alleging that Conor is racist. Neither is there any evidence of violent intolerance to anyone who is culturally different. He is in a house with people all of whom are culturally different from him. For all we know, he may be the most tolerant in the house in that regard. For all the appalling sexist, thuggish and violent things he has said about Deana, which are the lowest of the low, there is nothing to show that it has to do with some notion of cultural difference rather than with Deana as individual and woman.
    Forum Member
    B L Zeebub wrote: »
    I don't believe that she's been told what Conor said.

She may have been asked if she is OK, after the obvious targetting of her during the task, but no way would she be OK with hearing those words! :mad:

How do you know how she'd feel? Maybe she'd have the sensible attitude of, 'I don't care what Connor says about me, he's a child. If he wants to make ridiculous remarks, showing himself up to the public, it's no skin off my nose'.

You're painting women as people who will simply fall to the floor in a heap at the first repulsive comment they hear, unable to have the mental strength to ignore it and get on with their life. It's patronising.
    Forum Member
    How do you know how she'd feel? Maybe she'd have the sensible attitude of, 'I don't care what Connor says about me, he's a child. If he wants to make ridiculous remarks, showing himself up to the public, it's no skin off my nose'.

You're painting women as people who will simply fall to the floor in a heap at the first repulsive comment they hear, unable to have the mental strength to ignore it and get on with their life. It's patronising.

Absolute rubbish. I see Deana as the sort of woman who would stand up for herself and other women. Why should we ignore such disgusting threats?!
  • peterstonepeterstone Posts: 5,159
    Forum Member
    qwes wrote: »
    Aren't raps supposed to rhyme? Bring back Spiral all is forgiven.
    :D:D:D
    Very good
    Forum Member
    B L Zeebub wrote: »
    Absolute rubbish. I see Deana as the sort of woman who would stand up for herself and other women. Why should we ignore such disgusting threats?!

Depends how you look at it. In my opinion, complaining to the authorities is not really standing up for yourself (although that doesn't mean to say that it's not advisable).

Also, I don't agree that Connor threatened Deana. To threaten a person you have to convey a threat to them by some means - telephone, snail mail, orally. Connor didn't do this, and I don't believe he would do it, at least not in the house. If you think he would, why hasn't he done it yet? He's had 24 hours a day to tell Deana to her face that he plans to do this and that to her. Yet he hasn't done this.

A level-headed person can only assume that he hasn't done this due to the fact that he does not want to do it, or considers it wrong to do it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ignoring something isn't necessarily indicative of mental strength. It could rather be repressing one's sense of injury and hurt, and feeling not powerful enough to do anything about it.
    Forum Member
    Depends how you look at it. In my opinion, complaining to the authorities is not really standing up for yourself (although that doesn't mean to say that it's not advisable).

Also, I don't agree that Connor threatened Deana. To threaten a person you have to convey a threat to them by some means - telephone, snail mail, orally. Connor didn't do this, and I don't believe he would do it, at least not in the house. If you think he would, why hasn't he done it yet? He's had 24 hours a day to tell Deana to her face that he plans to do this and that to her. Yet he hasn't done this.

We are discussing whether 'the authorities' told her exactly what Conor had said, and whether she was asked if she was OK with it. Nothing to do with complaining to the authorities, but, still, why the hell shouldn't she, if she had heard, or found out? That can still be 'standing up for yourself', surely?

As for whether I can call it 'disgusting threats'? A threat is a statement of intention to inflict pain, injury, damage etc. to someone. It does not have to be relayed to the intended victim, in order to become a threat.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why the hell is he still in the house? I'm sorry, but even though he was saying it in a singsong kinda way the underlying aggression and the words he used were just not right. Any man that says he will punch a girl in the face and knock her out is absolutely disgraceful (even if he doesn't actually carry it out). I highly doubt she's done anything to warrant such aggressive and abusive thoughts.

There's something not right about that guy.
  • foonkfoonk Posts: 4,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He hasn't received any punishment at all has he?

Given that we only see (very) edited highlights, I wonder what they haven't shown him doing and/or saying.

He should receive a hefty punishment for that rant anyway.

It was clearly threatening language about an individual who is staying in the same house as he is!
  • BishBashBosh1BishBashBosh1 Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    He should stay, controversial. :P
    Forum Member
    Kubrick wrote: »
    So because you know scumbags, like yourself, who think that kind of talk is acceptable that makes it ok, does it?

If this is what 18-30 year old 'men' are like nowadays then god help our daughters.

Bit rude.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He should stay, controversial. :P

Yeah he should stay and carry on calling the women di*ks show what a big man he is?!:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    Why the hell is he still in the house? I'm sorry, but even though he was saying it in a singsong kinda way the underlying aggression and the words he used were just not right. Any man that says he will punch a girl in the face and knock her out is absolutely disgraceful (even if he doesn't actually carry it out). I highly doubt she's done anything to warrant such aggressive and abusive thoughts.

There's something not right about that guy.

There's something not right about anybody that wants to go on BB. Yet you still watch it happily.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just because 'loads of lads talk like that' it doesn't make it right ;) If a man says things like that - threatening violence against a woman - he's nothing more than a poor excuse for a human being (let alone a man) as far as I'm concerned.

That's the problem with boys today. They think that kind of talk is acceptable.

It is not.
  • BishBashBosh1BishBashBosh1 Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Yeah he should stay and carry on calling the women di*ks show what a big man he is?!:rolleyes:

Why Not, everyone was crying he was too boring, he does something and yet still crying from everyone, he can't seem to get a break on this forum. :p

I'm not related to him nor am I even from Northern Ireland before those pathetic accusations start flying.
  • premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought that this should be on the front page.

This should not be buried.