Comedy moments where you laughed so much it physically hurt.

Comments

• SochaSocha Posts: 7,995
    Forum Member
    Red Dwarfs 'Wilma Flintstone', brilliance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeDkGnyDv9o

And any Ab Fab with Kathy Burke in it.
  • PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only time I laughed till it hurt was watching Top Gear when Jeremy Clarkson was driving a Reliant Robin. When we went around the corner and ended up skidding on his side I almost wet myself.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 526
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hyacinth Bucket falling flat on her arse.
  • Will_BennettsWill_Bennetts Posts: 3,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • HiMyNameIsHiMyNameIs Posts: 1,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The scene in Outnumbered with Ben, the mixed race couple and the dead piegeon. :D:D:D
  • JulesFJulesF Posts: 6,461
    Forum Member
    SJH1984 wrote: »
    "just play the f*****g note!" - brilliant, I was doubled up for ages!

:D

That is one of my favourite ever comedy scenes. The whole Eurovision episode is comedy gold.

I love the song they write, My Lovely Horse, and the video with the pulsing horse's head and psychedelic colours. Brilliant.
  • LadyxxmacbethLadyxxmacbeth Posts: 1,868
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would also have a vote for Alan Patridge my fav being the chocolate mousse in bed sketch...and also this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urQbGb6wM44 Alan vs the farmers
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love reading this thread! Thought of a few more...

As much as I have my quibbles with Moffat's recent work, he made me laugh a lot with his Coupling scripts. Especially 'The Girl with Two Breasts' (Steve's happy expression when unknowingly shouting "breasts" in Hebrew) and 'The Man with Two Legs' (the whole scene with Jeff talking to the girl on the train -- "You have a face and I'm not just saying that!" "It's great to see your legs together for once!" and saying his leg was amputated for being rubbish).

Also Green Wing, Guy singing "You've got a ginger chiiiiiiiiiiiiiiild!"
  • owl61ukowl61uk Posts: 3,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of Airplane, probably the film with the most laughs per film

An audience with Billy Connolly, especially for the big slipper and the even funnier, incontinence pants
  • will2510will2510 Posts: 1,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    OFAH - the blow up dolls all starting to inflate

The IT Crowd - the one where Mos tells the guy Jen is dead and he keeps seeing her. At the end where she is outside the window in the rain I had trouble breathing I was laughing so hard.

The IT Crowd - Gay: The musical - just about the entire eposide.

Father Ted - Mrs Doyle trying to guess the name (Father Spodo Commodo etc)

Father Ted , Speed 2 - every time the milkman arrived with that super cheesy sixties music, Mrs Doyle coming over all teenage and giggly and wearing progressively more bizarre and OTT make-up.

Father Ted - the Owen Love episode with the zombie middle aged fan girls.

Another Father Ted one - Mrs Doyle's rant on literature when the female novelist comes to stay... "Ride me sideways, that was another one".
  • Marksw76Marksw76 Posts: 969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan Partridge at Tony Hayers funeral. Seriously thought I was going to p**s myself when he answers his mobile phone while talking to the widow and then asks her if she's got a battery for an Ericsson.
  • North DownsNorth Downs Posts: 2,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lots of hilarious clips from 'It's a Knockout' but I doubt if we'll see any of those again, for obvious reasons.
  • RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On Friday on 8 out of 10 Cats when Louis Walsh said Sam Calaghan could sing :D:D hilarious. . and he defended himself by saying actually it`s not a singing competition.. it`s a personality competition :D:D So how did the last 9 winners win?
  • daisydeedaisydee Posts: 39,590
    Forum Member
    Lots of hilarious clips from 'It's a Knockout' but I doubt if we'll see any of those again, for obvious reasons.

Fabulously funny series and it was Stuart Hall's uncontrollable laughter that cracked me up. :D

Paul Burrell on IACGMOOH, the faces he pulled and squealing like a girl when he was putting his hand inside holes to get stars. I literally cried with laughter. :D:cry::D

Gino Di Campo on the swinging trial in IACGMOOH - pannicking in English with a strong Italian accent somehow made it seem even more hilarious. :p
  • DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two from WILTY: Kevin Bridges accidentally buying a horse on holiday, and Rob Brydon demonstrating the "cuddle jumper" with Nick Hewer. Both times I laughed as much at David Mitchell's hysterical laughter as at the story itself.
  • Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The 'A continuing source of inspiration' scene in South Park.

Never laughed so hard in my life.
  • ArtemsGirlArtemsGirl Posts: 181
    Forum Member
    Does it have to be British shows? As my fav laugh out loud moment was in Modern Family, when Cameran introduces Liliy to the family. I could not stop cracking up.
  • Super_FurrySuper_Furry Posts: 774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vic & Bob's 'Stars In Your Eyes'.
    The George Michael bit made my mate laugh so hard he burst his appendix.
  • mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The first time I saw Bob Fleming's Country Favourites I couldn't stop laughing for ages:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gLPkmxa8zEg

Continuing with the musical theme, Mr Frasier sings Reggae Classics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqVfN8fd1TI
  • nostalgic62nostalgic62 Posts: 365
    Forum Member
    Ian Sludge Lees on Tiswas reciting the busy bee poem with mouth full of water. Absolutely hilarious. Sadly nearly all Tiswas material wiped from the archives
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    Phoenix nights series 2 - 'come & get your black bin bags, long & black & slender'😬. IMO Comedy gold

Also (I'm showing my age here) any references to Mrs Slocombe's pussy in Are You Being Served still make me titter!!
  • owlloverowllover Posts: 7,980
    Forum Member
    owl61uk wrote: »

An audience with Billy Connolly, especially for the big slipper and the even funnier, incontinence pants

I just came on to post about an An Audience with...!

I don't think I've ever laughed so much in my life and never before or after did I see my OH laugh so much. Not just crying but sobbing and trying to catch our breath.

Perhaps it's our owly sense of humour :)
  • Soulrebel1980Soulrebel1980 Posts: 5,333
    Forum Member
    Think the first time I remember laughing uncontrollably was A Jasper Carrot tv gig when he did the Nutter on the bus routine, brilliant.
  • LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Limmy's Show - pinta milk; it actually works; Yoker.
  • Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ministry of Silly Walks.

So glad there's someone else who likes the Monty Python sketches. I also laughed hilariously at other sketches from the show such as The Lumberjack song, The Parrot sketch, Bicycle Repair Man, the Semaphore version of Wuthering Heights and many many more.

Apart from these, there were also ones from Not The Nine O'Clock News such as The Trucking Song, and ones from Alas Smith And Jones.

Before these it was Peter Cook and Dudley Moore and Marty Feldman that made me laugh until I cried.

Perhaps no one else remembers them. If not, I recommend that you try to see some of them.