Options

Are the last few days always so underwhelming?

radcliffe95radcliffe95 Posts: 4,086
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Having not watched a series in about 10 years, I'd forgotten how boring, mawkish and underwhelming the highlights of the last few days are.
Literally nothing happens.
Is this normal, or is it because there's no antagonism or rivalry remaining between the housemates?

Comments

• Options
    white tigresswhite tigress Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree--then we get the tedium of 'Why I should Win' speeches....but imagine if Jasmine, Lee, Casey & Luisa were in last 6 with Linda & Jim!! EEEEK
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 251
    Forum Member
    I feel the same - since Lee's eviction there doesn't seem to be much happening at all, bar a few eyebrow raising comments made by a housemate. Other than that, it really has become boring. Even the story-telling in the bathroom last night I found a bore. I thought perhaps I was tired, seeing that the housemates found it amusing ;)

I would have liked to see more of Lee's interaction with Casey, following Casey's mother's appearance :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Agree--then we get the tedium of 'Why I should Win' speeches....but imagine if Jasmine, Lee, Casey & Luisa were in last 6 with Linda & Jim!! EEEEK

I would've LOVED that! Fireworks right up until the last one standing :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, final weeks are nearly always challenging for BB. A couple of times they have lobbed a grenade into the house - putting Nikki back in was the biggest - but it always seems a bit miserable to put something massively controversial in right at the end just to upset people.

In BB1 there were only three people in the final, and they were so bored that they took to going to bed at 9 o'clock. Since then, they have always kept more people in.

But even so, they tend to be dull times. The housemates are more and more focused on going home. BB likes to give them a gentle last week, so there are no more evil tasks, no more basic rations. There are almost never any new personal friendships or enmities; it is as if no one has the energy really. And these days, BB can't even give them much in the way of an exciting final party: they have so many parties along the way, and so much alcohol, that it is just more of the same.

It is worse again if you are not specially rooting for someone. I loved the last week of BB13, for example, simply because I really liked the people and enjoyed watching them having fun together. If you don't feel that strongly, there is nothing particularly riviting about watching a group of strangers lounging about doing nothing much.

I thought last night's task was dire really: no creativity, no thought, just 'let's ask a lot of explicit questions about sex and see if anyone is funny'. No one was. Why would they be? Only Jim is a comedian, and it wasn't an interesting task for him.
  • Options
    BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately, yes they are, because of the baying crowd and C5 revealing who's top the HMs don't dare upset the Applecartand row with the favourite. They all go into no row mode in an attempt to just win more votes by being the most loveable.
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, final weeks are nearly always challenging for BB. A couple of times they have lobbed a grenade into the house - putting Nikki back in was the biggest - but it always seems a bit miserable to put something massively controversial in right at the end just to upset people.

The one I remember is when BB decided to split the prize money in the last week of BB12. That caused all sorts of trouble particularly when Jay, Louise and Aaron were asked to use some of their part of the split to buy birthday presents for Tom and Alex
  • Options
    TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    They're worse than usual this year because of the extension but it's obviously harder to keep the interest with fewer characters.

I thought the BB12 final week twist was brilliant - it woke up a house that had pretty much been dead since the mountain rescue task.

The only series that stayed strong till the end were BB3 and BB9 though
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    It's always the same.

The housemates are generally tired and wanting to go home.
  • Options
    ucra girlucra girl Posts: 19,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    choklat wrote: »
    I feel the same - since Lee's eviction there doesn't seem to be much happening at all, bar a few eyebrow raising comments made by a housemate. Other than that, it really has become boring. Even the story-telling in the bathroom last night I found a bore. I thought perhaps I was tired, seeing that the housemates found it amusing ;)

I would have liked to see more of Lee's interaction with Casey, following Casey's mother's appearance :)

I do think we were robbed there tbh.Lee had started cracking because Casey was ignoring him.Although we would have been annoyed by her comforting him because that was going to happen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ucra girl wrote: »
    [/B]

I do think we were robbed there tbh.Lee had started cracking because Casey was ignoring him.Although we would have been annoyed by her comforting him because that was going to happen.

Yes, we would've been annoyed but could've had so much fun with it on the forum dissecting it down to the nth degree ;)

Another incident which I never saw on the highlights show (unless I missed it during a fast-forwarding session) is when Jim pushed his face in a chocolate cake. I would've liked to have that being discussed on the forum as well :)
  • Options
    VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another incident which I never saw on the highlights show (unless I missed it during a fast-forwarding session) is when Jim pushed his face in a chocolate cake. I would've liked to have that being discussed on the forum as well :)

That incident was discussed on here but mainly because some people thought that they had heard Jim use the "n" word in a video clip of the incident
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I always think the last few days just arent the same, its a bit like watching your friends pack for leaving and your left :(
  • Options
    Pro_SniperPro_Sniper Posts: 942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I would've LOVED that! Fireworks right up until the last one standing :)

Yes but unfortunately we'll NEVER see a series like this as the moronic public will continue voting out the ones that will give the best TV :(
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    yes and in normal bb too...
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes. They should contract them to two weeks after it actually finishes and then they would remain interesting to the end
  • Options
    abbieuniqueabbieunique Posts: 4,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think whether it's 2, 3 or 4 weeks the last few days will be boring regardless cos of the numbers going down so much.
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 217,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're worse than usual this year because of the extension but it's obviously harder to keep the interest with fewer characters.

I thought the BB12 final week twist was brilliant - it woke up a house that had pretty much been dead since the mountain rescue task.

The only series that stayed strong till the end were BB3 and BB9 though

The extension was pointless, and hasn't really added anything apart from one 3 million rating. Should have finished last Friday as originally planned

Really hope they don't make this decision for the normal not rights but with that 3 million rating, probably makes them think 'why not?' in the summer which would be a bit unfair on the normal not rights as they will be in there a lot longer
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    richie4eva wrote: »
    The extension was pointless, and hasn't really added anything apart from one 3 million rating. Should have finished last Friday as originally planned

Really hope they don't make this decision for the normal not rights but with that 3 million rating, probably makes them think 'why not?' in the summer which would be a bit unfair on the normal not rights as they will be in there a lot longer

No it wasn't and anyway those ratings in the last 5 days are very valuble to C5. Also do you not think the clock task, Jasmine's return and Lee's eviction were all brilliant? I know many said that last night's episode was boring but I really enjoyed it. It's nice to see them all calm and having fun together you know. Doesn't always have to be fights and arguments.
  • Options
    peterstonepeterstone Posts: 5,160
    Forum Member
    I seem to recall BB6 was still pretty lively fairly late on.

Craig was evicted in a midweek eviction not before arguing with Anthony and throwing drink at him when Anthony in the pool. Anthony went nuts.

They suspended Makosi in that cage above the garden.

Eugene took half the prize money.

I recall it was pretty entertaining but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    BB5 had a pretty good last week.

It was such an odd mix of housemates for the final 5 (Nadia and Jason as the sole survivors of their group, Shell and Dan as the nicey-nicey team players and Stu who'd finally escaped the demonic glare of Michelle) but it worked very well.

The mid-party shock eviction of Stu helped, as did the emotional highpoint of them playing the housemates favourite songs on the second to last night.
  • Options
    BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes - always the same at end. Same with "I'm a Celebrity" too..... it just peters out and becomes dull to anyone who is not really arsed about who wins. Also, fact that person who wins is usually dull and wins by dint of being "normal" is a massive turn off for me in final few days.