Peaches Geldof dead (Merged)

Comments

• MissWalfordMissWalford Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't be a fantastic Mum if you're a TV presenter? Really? She had 2 children under 2, she picked up and awful lot, and obviously from that interview with KH had read a lot about attached parenting and was practicing it.

How much did she actually do with TV presenting? And articles can be written anywhere, with your baby attached to you if needs be.
  • stvn758stvn758 Posts: 19,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    shelleyj89 wrote: »
    Why must it be drug related? I'm not expert, but if they've done all the tests they need to do and everything is completed, then I assume the body is ok to be released to the family? If the toxicology results come back negative, I assume it will just go down as natural causes.

They have already returned the body and 25 year olds don't die of natural causes, by that I mean they would have pinpointed what was wrong with her from the autopsy. Anorexia related, heart attack etc. Perhaps they already know, I just assume they release it straight away but no news at all has leaked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stvn758 wrote: »
    They have already returned the body and 25 year olds don't die of natural causes, by that I mean they would have pinpointed what was wrong with her from the autopsy. Anorexia related, heart attack etc.

So what if it was related to this crash diet she was on then?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So what if it was related to this crash diet she was on then?

That's what I thought, heart gave out maybe being so thin. But I'm not sure of the legal way in which they release details, will have to wait until the tests are released. :confused:
  • evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's what I thought, heart gave out maybe being so thin. But I'm not sure of the legal way in which they release details, will have to wait until the tests are released. :confused:

It's no-one's business really,is it. I hope the cause of death is not made public. Why people think they have a right to know is beyond me. If I were a member of her family, I'd be quite sickened to read some of the posts on here, speculating this and that.Thinking they know everything, when actually knowing nothing at all. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    evie71 wrote: »
    It's no-one's business really,is it. I hope the cause of death is not made public. Why people think they have a right to know is beyond me. If I were a member of her family, I'd be quite sickened to read some of the posts on here, speculating this and that.Thinking they know everything, when actually knowing nothing at all. :(

It's a matter of public record, even we might get a mention in the local paper when we go. :(
  • evie71evie71 Posts: 1,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a matter of public record, even we might get a mention in the local paper when we go. :(

It's a shame that it's not just the family who are privy though. A young girl is dead, her children are now motherless, her husband a widow at just 24, and her family have lost a much loved member and yet some on here are wringing their hands with glee for the next instalment of pure speculation.
  • cahcah Posts: 24,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have already returned the body and 25 year olds don't die of natural causes, [/B]by that I mean they would have pinpointed what was wrong with her from the autopsy. Anorexia related, heart attack etc. Perhaps they already know, I just assume they release it straight away but no news at all has leaked.

BIB there have been numerous cases of young Adults of a similar age to Peaches as well as younger that Die of just that ..Sudden Adult Death Sydrome where there is just no reason .-an Adult cot death as it were :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cah wrote: »
    BIB there have been numerous cases of young Adults of a similar age to Peaches as well as younger that Die of just that ..Sudden Adult Death Sydrome where there is just no reason .-an Adult cot death as it were :(

Absolutely. Plus, there can be underlying conditions that are impossible to detect. A guy I was at uni with seemed healthy. He was into sports and was one of those people who seemed to be permanently energetic. He dropped dead a few weeks after our last term finished. Turned out he had a heart condition that no one could've spotted because he showed no symptoms. He literally collapsed in the street and was gone. :(
  • DimsieDimsie Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's a shame that it's not just the family who are privy though. A young girl is dead, her children are now motherless, her husband a widow at just 24, and her family have lost a much loved member and yet some on here are wringing their hands with glee for the next instalment of pure speculation.

I think people feel frightened at the idea of a young woman of 25 just suddenly dying. They think if it could happen to Peaches, it could just as easily happen to them or to their loved ones, unless of course there's an avoidable reason for her death. I hope no one has any feelings of glee, regardless of the reason for Peaches' death - what is there to be gleeful about in a young mother's death?
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So many good interesting posts here. How true to say as Peaches got thinner and thinner the media thought she looked marvelous when in actually fact she looked ill in some of the pics I have seen. How could any young Mum with two children under two, look so thin. How can you be an expert as a Mum at the age of 25, rich with a lot of support with nannies and housekeepers, cleaners. It is rather insulting to young mums who are struggling with all the roles they have to play. How could Peaches be such a fantastic mum when she worked so much as a TV presenter, wrote articles on motherhood but actually had little experience!

I'm not going to start making guesses as to why she was so thin, but she was hardly huge whilst pregnant either. It's not like she lost a drastic amount of weight from her pre-pregnancy figure. Did she claim to be an expert mum? No, she just wrote about her experiences. Do you know how much support they had from nannies, housekeepers or cleaners? There are plenty of mother's who work regularly and are still good parents. And I'm not sure what the point of her having little experience has got to do with anything? All first time mothers will have little experience. :confused:
    They have already returned the body and 25 year olds don't die of natural causes, by that I mean they would have pinpointed what was wrong with her from the autopsy. Anorexia related, heart attack etc. Perhaps they already know, I just assume they release it straight away but no news at all has leaked.

Plenty of young people die of natural causes - one in three every week http://www.bhf.org.uk/research/our-heart-research-1/how-weve-made-heart-history/sads.aspx. Stephen Gately is a high-profile example.
  • sweetpeanutsweetpeanut Posts: 4,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to start making guesses as to why she was so thin, but she was hardly huge whilst pregnant either. It's not like she lost a drastic amount of weight from her pre-pregnancy figure. Did she claim to be an expert mum? No, she just wrote about her experiences. Do you know how much support they had from nannies, housekeepers or cleaners? There are plenty of mother's who work regularly and are still good parents. And I'm not sure what the point of her having little experience has got to do with anything? All first time mothers will have little experience. :confused:

Plenty of young people die of natural causes - one in three every week http://www.bhf.org.uk/research/our-heart-research-1/how-weve-made-heart-history/sads.aspx. Stephen Gately is a high-profile example.
    Three young people die a week, not one in three.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Three young people die a week, not one in three.

Oops, that's what I meant. I edited the post a couple of times and didn't spot that error.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,510
    Forum Member
    Dimsie wrote: »
    I think people feel frightened at the idea of a young woman of 25 just suddenly dying. They think if it could happen to Peaches, it could just as easily happen to them or to their loved ones, unless of course there's an avoidable reason for her death. I hope no one has any feelings of glee, regardless of the reason for Peaches' death - what is there to be gleeful about in a young mother's death?[/QUOTE]

Ive not witnessed that... here or in the media
  • EnnerjeeEnnerjee Posts: 5,131
    Forum Member
    How can you be an expert as a Mum at the age of 25, rich with a lot of support with nannies and housekeepers, cleaners. It is rather insulting to young mums who are struggling with all the roles they have to play. How could Peaches be such a fantastic mum when she worked so much as a TV presenter, wrote articles on motherhood but actually had little experience!

Paula Yates was accused of the same thing. She advocated that mothers shouldn't go out to work. Paula, though, could afford not to.
  • EnnerjeeEnnerjee Posts: 5,131
    Forum Member

That's easy to say, however, if someone earns their money through being "celebrity" orientated then the public from whom they earn their income are going to be naturally interested, which is what this thread is all about and anyone who posts on it.
  • Swanandduck2Swanandduck2 Posts: 5,502
    Forum Member

The public don't have a 'right' to know, but given that Peaches lived her life so much in the public eye and courted much of that publicity, it is not surprising that people are curious and speculating about the cause of her death. Unfortunately when it comes to publicity and celebrity status you can't pick and choose; if you tend to go public about most aspects of your life then it can be very difficult for you or your family to pull the shutters down and tell people to go away when that public interest is no longer welcome.
    I agree it is very hard on her family, who didn't seek that level of interest in their lives. But until the cause of Peaches' death is made known people will talk, speculate and make guesses and assumptions.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can't be a fantastic Mum if you're a TV presenter? Really? She had 2 children under 2, she picked up and awful lot, and obviously from that interview with KH had read a lot about attached parenting and was practicing it.

How much did she actually do with TV presenting? And articles can be written anywhere, with your baby attached to you if needs be.

You probably can. But with these awards for Mum of the Year and the like, the winners always happen to turn out to be celebrities.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be honest. I had never heard of her , nor do I know what she wrote or appeared on.

But the surname Geldof was familiar.

It appears a strange one that a segment of the country is in mourning for her, whilst most seem blissfully unaware of her!
  • impartialobservimpartialobserv Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just noticed this in the Independent
    Peaches Geldof was in secret talks with the producers of talent show Australia’s Next Top Model for a high-profile judging role, following the tragic death of model mentor Charlotte Dawson, who took her own life in February.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'll be honest. I had never heard of her , nor do I know what she wrote or appeared on.

But the surname Geldof was familiar.

It appears a strange one that a segment of the country is in mourning for her, whilst most seem blissfully unaware of her!

No one is mourning her but her family and if you have never heard of her, why even contribute?
  • impartialobservimpartialobserv Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes, but to quote from this Eating Disorders information site, the mortality rate associated with anorexia nervosa is 12 times higher than the death rate associated with all causes of death for females 15-24 years old
  • DimsieDimsie Posts: 2,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dimsie wrote: »
    I think people feel frightened at the idea of a young woman of 25 just suddenly dying. They think if it could happen to Peaches, it could just as easily happen to them or to their loved ones, unless of course there's an avoidable reason for her death. I hope no one has any feelings of glee, regardless of the reason for Peaches' death - what is there to be gleeful about in a young mother's death?[/QUOTE]

Ive not witnessed that... here or in the media

No, nor have I, but the poster I was answering seemed to think that some people were 'wringing their hands with glee for the next instalment of pure speculation'. I don't think people are doing that, I think many people do want to know why she died because sudden unexpected deaths, especially of young people, are worrying.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

If it was due to a diet, some good come out of a very tragic situation, warn other people of the dangers. I know we don't know what caused her death and are just speculating at this point though.
  • duffsdadduffsdad Posts: 11,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it was due to a diet, some good come out of a very tragic situation, warn other people of the dangers. I know we don't know what caused her death and are just speculating at this point though.

If it was due to diet surely evidence would have been found at the PM...dehydration, bone density, hair and nail damage, hormone levels. Does toxicology not mean searching for toxins in her system?