The Most Pretentious Artists/Bands You Can Think of

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Coldplay? Oh please.

Muse and Hurts.

But both are amazing. The former slightly less so in recent times.
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jessie J
    Katy Perry
    Lily Allen used to be
    Cheryl Cole
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Also: Ke$ha is one of those artists who's 100% not pretentious. The amount of parody videos she takes part in taking the p**s out of herself for a joke is funny. She can have a laugh about herself and that's quite commendable.

Liam Gallagher is pretentious however...but I'm sure that goes without saying! (Although sometimes I think he's just having a joke...but you can't tell what is what anymore)
  • Options
    mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sylar11 wrote: »
    Oh, Coldplay as well. I love them too, though. Do I like people because they're pretentious? Am I pretentious...? :o :eek:

its the old 70's sitcom line... " pretencious? moi? " :D
    oldtimer55 wrote: »
    Kings Of Leon

really?... i dont get that off them in any form...
  • Options
    BrunoStreeteBrunoStreete Posts: 7,180
    Forum Member
    Kings Of Leon

Why do you say them?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sting
  • Options
    cupoteacupotea Posts: 1,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris Martin from Coldplay. The guy is an insufferably pretentious twunt. 'Apple'? LOL
  • Options
    elnombreelnombre Posts: 3,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Morrissey's giving many a run for their money now, what with his dictating what his crew can eat and now saying '**** you' to his own fans. It'd be easier to swallow if he'd done anything worth hearing in the last 6 years.
  • Options
    oldtimer55oldtimer55 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do you say them?

I was thinking of them walking off stage-and cancelling the gig- because a pigeon sh*t on their bassist. They also wouldn't let Glee use one of their songs.

Also seem to remember them not wanting to shake hands with some fans, not without wearing gloves... but that may have been a weird dream I had :D
  • Options
    NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They also wouldn't let Glee use one of their songs.

Really? My respect for them just shot up several points. :D
  • Options
    SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking of them walking off stage-and cancelling the gig- because a pigeon sh*t on their bassist. They also wouldn't let Glee use one of their songs.

Also seem to remember them not wanting to shake hands with some fans, not without wearing gloves... but that may have been a weird dream I had :D

I think you mean they kept going until one shat in the bassist's open mouth. Not just on him, in his mouth.

Foo Fighters also haven't let Glee use their songs because they don't like the show. Why should they involve themselves with a project they don't like?
  • Options
    Forum Member

When did the pigeon incident happen?
  • Options
    oldtimer55oldtimer55 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was last summer in USA- google it. Don't think the poop went in his mouth, just near it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It was last summer in USA- google it. Don't think the poop went in his mouth, just near it.

The story is a bit more detailed than you made it. Both support acts also walked out and they were hit several times.
  • Options
    Midnight RunnerMidnight Runner Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When did the pigeon incident happen?

http://www.mtv.co.uk/artists/kings-of-leon/news/231474-bird-poo-causes-kings-of-leon-cancellation

Last July according to this.

They tried carrying on but as mentioned the bassist Jared got the bird sh*t full in the mouth. He seems a bit up himself having read his Twitter page but I wouldn't call any of them pretentious.

Another vote for Bono/U2 from me.
  • Options
    allthatyouwantallthatyouwant Posts: 1,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Joss Stone! But I do like her
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Razorlight.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Portishead
  • Options
    rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joss Stone! But I do like her

I completely forgot her and her cod American accent.
  • Options
    Exp£o$ionExp£o$ion Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    Lady Gaga - Seems a bit desperate & attention seeking at times
  • Options
    Scratchy7929Scratchy7929 Posts: 3,252
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady GaGa. For such an accomplished pianist she does write such piss poor pop music. Listen love, dressing like an idiot and pretending to be weird does not make a good musician.
    Bono. He and the band have wrote some good songs but for gods sake man please stop bleating on about apartheid, politics and starving kids in Africa.
    Chris Martin. Talks crap, dances like a gimp and writes boring mediocre, media pandering music.
  • Options
    kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PJ Harvey (but I like her pretensions).
    Michael Jackson because many of his fans seem to think everyone was racist before he went solo, there were no black artists that preceded him, he single-handledly changed the zeitgeist and that Thriller is a brilliant song.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    lmao at some of the simpletons getting nominated in this thread.:p

I'd nominate Primal Scream, who well and truely disappeared up thier own jacksy and Radiohead.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    PJ Harvey (but I like her pretensions).
    Michael Jackson because many of his fans seem to think everyone was racist before he went solo, there were no black artists that preceded him, he single-handledly changed the zeitgeist and that Thriller is a brilliant song.

Haahaha I agree. What about Chuck Berry, Jimi Hendrix, Stevie Wonder, Aretha Franklin, Otis Reading etc etc etc?