Options

Photos of the general public

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,093
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was just reading this article http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2046644/Binge-drinking-What-drives-young-women-path-self-destruction.html. If someone took a photo of me and stuck it in a national newspaper or site I'd be furious. The same thing annoys me about Google streetview. Did I imagine it or did it used to be the case that you had to get people's permission to use their image in newspapers etc?

Comments

• Options
    *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    Oh my!! I would I'd be furious too - I hate getting my photo taken and would go off my head if a picture of me steaming out of my head with my ass facing towards a camera was in the papers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,304
    Forum Member
    This a flagrant breach of my privacy, they're all my exes.
  • Options
    Baboo YaguBaboo Yagu Posts: 5,803
    Forum Member
    I'd be f**king livid if they took a photo of me sitting down to enjoy my Gyros and then used it in some shitty piece on binge drinking.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    By going out in public you have pretty much given up any right to privacy. If you go out, get shedded and a picture of you ends up in some newspaper, well there's a lesson to be learned there. You could be as furious as you want to be, it would be your own fault.
  • Options
    kaiserbeekaiserbee Posts: 4,276
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's probably an actress who got paid - her facial expression to me seems remarkably calm for someone who is supposed to be so drunk she can't get home.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    srdawkcab wrote: »
    By going out in public you have pretty much given up any right to privacy. If you go out, get shedded and a picture of you ends up in some newspaper, well there's a lesson to be learned there. You could be as furious as you want to be, it would be your own fault.

Yes, but what of the ones they've pictured in that article that aren't staggering drunk but just sitting down enjoying a munch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lynxmale wrote: »
    This a flagrant breach of my privacy, they're all my exes.

:D:D:D Stud
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was trying to work out how to use that new version of Google earth where you can go from street view up into the air the other day. I went around the corner and there was a bloke lugging things out of his car with his wife looking straight at the camera with a puzzled look - not pixelated (is that the right word?) :D I don't like it, I may have to stay in forever :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    kaiserbee wrote: »
    It's probably an actress who got paid - her facial expression to me seems remarkably calm for someone who is supposed to be so drunk she can't get home.
    you look at the face? Amateur :D
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,272
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kaiserbee wrote: »

I'd also say that she wouldn't have been that bothered about having her head on the bare pavement either if she'd been that drunk.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How about when there is a story about obesity and they show overweight poeple on the highstreet. I'd be livid if they showed my big bum as an example
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Will they be holding an identity parade for you?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    You can moan all you want, but if you are in a public place there is nothing you can do about it, it's perfectly legal.

Lesson: Don't make such an arse of yourself :)
  • Options
    dmpdmp Posts: 3,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a serious motor cycle accident in the 80's, someone took a photo of me receiving medical attention at the scene and put it in the local rag. When I complained they said there was nothing I could do as it was in public view.
    Dave
  • Options
    Nuartey1Nuartey1 Posts: 2,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God, the DM is such trash, isn't it?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to Liz, these people have no dignity or self-respect anyway, so who cares. Heck they might even be proud to see themselves on newspaper looking beautiful.
  • Options
    whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the way they say her handbag is cheap. How do they even know what it looks like? Her head is on it!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You can moan all you want, but if you are in a public place there is nothing you can do about it, it's perfectly legal.

That's all fair and good, but what of the ones who pictured in an article on binge drinking who're not doing anything ant-social?

Lying asleep on the pavement in a drunken stupor - fair enough, you asked for it. Staggering about and looking as if you're just about to go arse over tit - again, equally fair. Sitting their enjoying a munch and getting labelled, by association, as an anti-social binge drinker is'nt fair at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I hate the idea of that, imagine me minding my own business and then the next thing I know I am in an advert that is all over the news!! That happened to me, when I lived in Australia..I was hating it.
  • Options
    whackyracerwhackyracer Posts: 15,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Baboo Yagu wrote: »
    That's all fair and good, but what of the ones who pictured in an article on binge drinking who're not doing anything ant-social?

Lying asleep on the pavement in a drunken stupor - fair enough, you asked for it. Staggering about and looking as if you're just about to go arse over tit - again, equally fair. Sitting their enjoying a munch and getting labelled, by association, as an anti-social binge drinker is'nt fair at all.

Have you been watching peep show?
  • Options
    tellytart1tellytart1 Posts: 3,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically, if you're out in a public place, you have no rights to prevent photographs of you being taken and even published. The person with the rights over that image and what happens to it is the photographer.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    me minding my own business and then the next thing I know I am in an advert that is all over the news!

I'd actually like that to happen to me :) Wouldn't it be great if I was cycling with earphones on, and someone photographed me for an article on the danger of cycling with earphones? I asked for it in the first place anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have you been watching peep show?

No, not recently. I didn't know it was still showing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd actually like that to happen to me :) Wouldn't it be great if I was cycling with earphones on, and someone photographed me for an article on the danger of cycling with earphones? I asked for it in the first place anyway.

I was annoyed, how dare they use my image to promote their news?? pumps that they are.
  • Options
    KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    I take photos around my city and put them online all the time. I've only once had someone complain, some awful dirty mad old woman with a shopping cart. She accosted me and demanded to know if I'd taken her photograph. I lied and said 'no'. She said 'just make sure you haven't'. I was miles away from her too.