Options

Audley is such a gentleman

misulicamisulica Posts: 401
Forum Member
He was so gracious in defeat and so generous towards Anita. It was his time to go but I was really impressed with how well he took it. Such a contrast with Lulu last week!

Comments

• Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time after time he's taken the criticism like a man. He must be feeling a lot better than he did after some of the bad press he got after his last fight,
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 64
    Forum Member
    I quite agree. He appreciated the time the voters had given him but was quite ready to yield his place to a better dancer. Well done Audley.
  • Options
    andrewj123andrewj123 Posts: 709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will miss him! Did you hear him talking to Anita at the end? I'm not sure but I think I heard him say he would have stepped down if he had gone through
  • Options
    PinkyPigPinkyPig Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Completely agree. Truly gracious in defeat.
  • Options
    reclinewithmereclinewithme Posts: 3,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, a really good loser, no moaning or excuses at any point, very likeable guy and as they said, a really good sport.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Audley has been lovely :) Will miss him, even though I completely agree that it was time for him to go. Looking forward to his ITT interview tomorrow, I imagine he'll be delightful.
  • Options
    DeltaBluesDeltaBlues Posts: 4,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with everyone's comments. A genuinely nice guy and while I won't necessarily miss his dancing, I'll miss his smile.
  • Options
    Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,198
    Forum Member
    It was time for Audley to go, but what a true gentleman, and what a contrast to last weeks loser. Well Done! :)
  • Options
    sofakatsofakat Posts: 16,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A dignified, sweet natured and lovely man. He has no delusions of grandeur and knows how to behave. he knew his time was up and simply accepted it.

Maybe he can give Lulu lessons on being gracious?

Clear to see how popular he was by the reactions from the pros, the audience and the judges.

Class act :)
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good man and a true gent. Looked lovely with his braids loose too. I agree it was time for him to go, but I've enjoyed him :)
  • Options
    Chilli DragonChilli Dragon Posts: 24,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When you compare dreadful Lulu to how delightful Audley was...well, what can I say? He clearly should never have been a boxer as he is too lovely. :)
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree. Audley showed what it means to act like a real gentleman. A certain judge could take a leaf out of his book.
  • Options
    ilovesootyilovesooty Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What everyone else said. A lovely man, a gentleman, and so gracious in defeat. I think Natalie has been lovely this series too.
  • Options
    misulicamisulica Posts: 401
    Forum Member
    andrewj123 wrote: »
    Will miss him! Did you hear him talking to Anita at the end? I'm not sure but I think I heard him say he would have stepped down if he had gone through

Oh, bless him! That's so lovely. I felt awful for Anita tonight, she looked absolutely crushed.
  • Options
    tortoisepersontortoiseperson Posts: 3,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Nothing in Strictly became him like the leaving of it" Audley showed himself to be genuinely a gentleman. He can go with his head held high.
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AAh I agree with all your sentiments I wished you guys and gals had been a part of my two man band apprec thread. :D

Well Done Audley.:)
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    ilovesooty wrote: »
    What everyone else said. A lovely man, a gentleman, and so gracious in defeat. I think Natalie has been lovely this series too.
    .....and great Music to Dance out too.:)
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A lovely man. I shall miss him.
  • Options
    breppobreppo Posts: 2,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Me, my brother and his kids, we applauded him. I think it was the best farewell of all series so far.
    What a gentle man! So gracious in defeat.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Sad to see him go....... so gracious.
  • Options
    MadonnaMIXMadonnaMIX Posts: 9,692
    Forum Member
    Audley is a true gentleman
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 43
    Forum Member
    I'm not sure that he was the worst dancer though. It shouldn't have been his time yet.
  • Options
    bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He came across really well and I have finally warmed to Natalie.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A big man in every way.

Big smile
    Big heart
    Big in defeat

And - most amazingly - managed to soften Len's rather potentially hurtful comment by laughing heartily at it as if it was a good joke!

I too, half heard his comments to Anita. Hope that - having played his singing earlier - ITT will let us into what was said. Certainly his concern was more for Anita than himself and she didn't seem to want to let him go. What a hug!
  • Options
    BuddyBontheNetBuddyBontheNet Posts: 28,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Audley's attitude and behaviour tonight was one of the best things about a fantastic results show - just like the early days of Strictly. I will miss Audley with his big smile and positive approach week after week of being in the bottom two. Natalie did a great job as his pro and they made such a great partnership.

I'm looking forward to seeing them again on ITT tomorrow night.