Options

The Wanted forced to face wall when Britney passes them in hallway!

Comments

• Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol at the thread title...makes it sound like she attacks them with a giant strap-on or something:o
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see the reasoning behind posters comments about if this is true then these jumped up acts need to be called out on their behaviour but I don't think the Wanted are the act to be doing it.

I am absolutely astounded at their clumsiness of dissing Christina and now Britney (and previously other acts) and although in context what they have said isn't really all that it is still very bad PR for an act trying to make it big in America.

They have just alienated two huge fan bases which probably will result in a loss of sales and $$$$

What are their PR people thinking letting them shoot their mouths off. Is it deliberate to get a bad boy image? Are they trying to be the new Oasis?
  • Options
    Hav_mor91Hav_mor91 Posts: 17,183
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glowbot wrote: »
    They did nothing wrong if thats true... Who does she think she is.

Someone who has been insulted and slagged of by them on a few occasions thats who perhaps if they had a little more humility people might more quickly respect them
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,058
    Forum Member
    It doesn't really ring true. I know that Britney's team tend to be overprotective, but this is too far fetched. As if thier comments about Christina weren't far fetched enough :rolleyes:
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    O.Michel wrote: »
    It doesn't really ring true. I know that Britney's team tend to be overprotective, but this is too far fetched. As if thier comments about Christina weren't far fetched enough :rolleyes:

I've got her song Overprotected stuck in my head now :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    I can see the reasoning behind posters comments about if this is true then these jumped up acts need to be called out on their behaviour but I don't think the Wanted are the act to be doing it.

I am absolutely astounded at their clumsiness of dissing Christina and now Britney (and previously other acts) and although in context what they have said isn't really all that it is still very bad PR for an act trying to make it big in America.

They have just alienated two huge fan bases which probably will result in a loss of sales and $$$$

What are their PR people thinking letting them shoot their mouths off. Is it deliberate to get a bad boy image? Are they trying to be the new Oasis?

Why anyone would want to go down that road is beyond me, it probably did more damage than good (in the states at least). Not only did the Gallaghers have the talent to back up what they said, but they also know what they're talking about when asked about the music industry.
  • Options
    ItsTimmyTimeItsTimmyTime Posts: 1,018
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hmmm, they do seem to be mouthing off a lot lately. It doesn't seem too professional to me. Fair enough, Christina has a reputation of being a bit of a bitch, but when they're in the industry together which is smaller than people would think, they're burning bridges by publically proclaiming it. It's like working in an office with someone who has a reputation of being a bit moody and hostile, if you were to openly bash that person in the office and your co-workers heard, it probably wouldn't go down too well with people higher up, or even other workers. The music and film industry has a reputation of scratching each others backs (Like Capital FM playing The Wanted in exchange for Radio 1 playing 1D, or vice versa, I can't remember exactly).

Regarding the Britney thing, that could have easily been her minders decision to make them face the wall. The Wanted probably wern't known to them and they could have seemed like young guys just hanging out who could throw Britney off her game pre-show by saying something (possibly rude) to her. Or, of course there's the possibility that she just didn't want to interact with them.
  • Options
    FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    These guys seem really dumb and full of themselves.
  • Options
    spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with people saying everyone's forgetting that they were made to face a wall so Britney could pass. Bit weird if you ask me, it makes you wonder what other stuff goes on behind the scenes.

However, there's no need to speak so publicly about it all. Everyone knows Christina is rumoured to be a bitch but tbh they came off so much worse then she has. Even if she was rude towards them, don't shout and scream about it like a bunch of 5 year olds. I hear their EP isn't doing too great in the States so perhaps their trying to gain some added attention.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Some of the things they say are so weird, I've been in the company of/ even worked with some of the biggest stars and have never ever been treated like this...
  • Options
    dubgazdubgaz Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the guys are right to speak out about these things IF they are true.

Fair enough it wasnt Britney Spears that told them to face the wall but WTF. That is a rediculous thing to ask somebody in the first place. I think I would actually laugh in a persons face if they asked me to do that and I would be damn well telling everybody what a lunatic the person was to say it to me.

Just because the guys are speaking out it doesnt mean they are wrong. If somebody is treating you like something they trod on (which APPEARS to be the case with Christina and Britney's bouncers) they are 100% correct to talk about it.
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tbh reading the article, they said nothing but positive things about Britney, so what's the problem?
  • Options
    westlifefan123westlifefan123 Posts: 4,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These guys seem really dumb and full of themselves.

Totally agree with that on every level from Hayley
  • Options
    LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This may be true or it may not be true. One can't believe all that one reads.

But I can well believe it. Britney is another over indulged, overprotected up herself little madam so it wouldn't surprise me.

And I'm not calling Britney this just because I personally dislike her. This is the very reason I dislike her, so it's already there if you ken my drift.
  • Options
    LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's face it though, most of the American female vocalists are too far up their own butts than is good for them!
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't expecting anyone from Britney's camp to respond but surprisingly they have

A spokesperson for the 'Hold It Against Me' star has since denied the allegations, questioning why The Wanted would badmouth the singer so soon after controversially branding Christina Aguilera "a bitch".

"What's even more interesting than the false allegations they made is the fact that they have claimed to be picked on by two female popstars in just a few days," the rep told E!.

"Look out Lady GaGa - there are still three days left this week."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a379512/wanted-not-picked-on-by-britney-spears-christina-aguilera-says-rep.html

This is quite significant for her people to come out and say this. Notice her rep playing up the ''female'' tag... The Wanted's career in the states is probably over now as they will likely be blacklisted by many producers faithful to those they keep bad mouthing while others will just see them as a liability.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 187
    Forum Member
    Wasn't expecting anyone from Britney's camp to respond but surprisingly they have

A spokesperson for the 'Hold It Against Me' star has since denied the allegations, questioning why The Wanted would badmouth the singer so soon after controversially branding Christina Aguilera "a bitch".

"What's even more interesting than the false allegations they made is the fact that they have claimed to be picked on by two female popstars in just a few days," the rep told E!.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/news/a379512/wanted-not-picked-on-by-britney-spears-christina-aguilera-says-rep.html

This is quite significant for her people to come out and say this. Notice her rep playing up the ''female'' tag... The Wanted's career in the states is probably over now as they will likely be blacklisted by many producers faithful to those they keep bad mouthing while others will just see them as a liability.

Chris Brown beat Rihanna to a pulp and he's still attending award shows, working with big producers (Guetta, Will.i.am, The Runners, who have all worked with Rihanna), and getting played on radio stations, so he certainly hasn't been blacklisted. If you can do that and the music industry forgives you, then I'm sure The Wanted will be ok once this blows over. People are forgetting that they actually have a pretty solid, obsessive fanbase, as did Chris Brown. When you have one of those, then you can pretty much say what you want and they'll carry you, evidently.

And I don't think Lady Gaga has anything to worry about. Unlike the other two, I've never heard of any bad rumours about the way she treats people.. yet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,003
    Forum Member

This is quite significant for her people to come out and say this. The Wanted's career in the states is probably over now as they will likely be blacklisted by many producers faithful to those they keep bad mouthing while others will just see them as a liability.

Yup. The big problem they may face is shows not wanting them to appear for fear of them bashing the host/judges later on or spilling backstage details despite seemingly signing confidentiality agreements. They're not famous/successful enough to be awarded the benefit of a doubt for ratings. If American Idol, X Factor US, The Voice (of course) etc. say no, they're kissing goodbye to major promo platforms. Ellen has a habit of unofficially banning people from her show if she perceives them to be "mean", so if she hears about it then she's unlikely to have them back.

I'm sure many will view it as overdramatic, but showbiz is a small world and gossip travels fast. Image is very important and shows do calculate what they aim to gain from guest appearances/performers. Liabilities aren't popular.

Plus, if they have a dig at anyone else, all of this stuff will get dragged up again and they'll just be digging themselves a hole.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Chris Brown beat Rihanna to a pulp and he's still attending award shows, working with big producers (Guetta, Will.i.am, The Runners, who have all worked with Rihanna), and getting played on radio stations, so he certainly hasn't been blacklisted. If you can do that and the music industry forgives you, then I'm sure The Wanted will be ok once this blows over. People are forgetting that they actually have a pretty solid, obsessive fanbase, as did Chris Brown. When you have one of those, then you can pretty much say what you want and they'll carry you, evidently.

And I don't think Lady Gaga has anything to worry about. Unlike the other two, I've never heard of any bad rumours about the way she treats people.. yet.

lol

Chris Brown was a well established, multi million selling artist before the Rihanna thing blew up. The Wanted are a boyband new in their careers and have only sold 35k of their album in the states!!

You cannot compare the two at all. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 234
    Forum Member

LOL love how they make them out to be pussays
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 471
    Forum Member
    Yup. The big problem they may face is shows not wanting them to appear for fear of them bashing the host/judges later on or spilling backstage details despite seemingly signing confidentiality agreements. They're not famous/successful enough to be awarded the benefit of a doubt for ratings. If American Idol, X Factor US, The Voice (of course) etc. say no, they're kissing goodbye to major promo platforms. Ellen has a habit of unofficially banning people from her show if she perceives them to be "mean", so if she hears about it then she's unlikely to have them back.

I'm sure many will view it as overdramatic, but showbiz is a small world and gossip travels fast. Image is very important and shows do calculate what they aim to gain from guest appearances/performers. Liabilities aren't popular.

Plus, if they have a dig at anyone else, all of this stuff will get dragged up again and they'll just be digging themselves a hole.

Plus Ellen is one of Britney's friends so its not hard to imagine who she'd side with.

I do find it interesting that her team have decided that this is something worth addressing, usually Britney's team don't choose to acknowledge accusations made against her until they turn into a lawsuit.
    lol

Chris Brown was a well established, multi million selling artist before the Rihanna thing blew up. The Wanted are a boyband new in their careers and have only sold 35k of their album in the states!!

You cannot compare the two at all. :D

Exactly, they're pissing of the wrong people at this stage in their career. Chris Brown was an already established act when he beat Rihanna and even then his career was derailed for a while.

I just wonder, if they ever get invited to an awards show who are they going to sit next to? And if there is anyone left who they haven't insulted will they want to sit near them with the risk they'll become the next Wanted victim?
  • Options
    UrMyStarUrMyStar Posts: 1,473
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It just comes across like their trying to get the "OMG! Did they really just say that about XXXX?" reaction. The guy with the curly hair doesn't seem to get involved in the "stories" or have I just not seen him?
  • Options
    GlowbotGlowbot Posts: 14,847
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hav_mor91 wrote: »
    Someone who has been insulted and slagged of by them on a few occasions thats who perhaps if they had a little more humility people might more quickly respect them

I don't respect them, yet neither do I ask them to turn against the wall in my presence, although that does sound like an appealing position ;);)

seriously asking people to turn away is more than asking for respect, that's feudal. She sounds like she deserves a good taking down.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I still wonder about their management/PR people. Why aren't they shutting them up? Seems really strange to me
  • Options
    SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    UrMyStar wrote: »
    It just comes across like their trying to get the "OMG! Did they really just say that about XXXX?" reaction. The guy with the curly hair doesn't seem to get involved in the "stories" or have I just not seen him?

That's what annoys me, that everyone is tarring the boys with the same brush. It's Tom, Max and (kind of) Siva who are doing all this slagging off...Jay(curly) and Nathan(the young one) haven't done anything wrong, but they are getting a bad reputation because of the others! :(