Options

The Saturdays - Not Giving Up (Fifth Single)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
Forum Member
According to Wikipedia (I know it isn't reliable), Not Giving Up is the next single. It is released on 2 January 2014.
If this is the next single, I would be really happy as that song is screaming to be a single and could chart really well.
Smart move. :kitty:

Comments

• Options
    AdzPowerAdzPower Posts: 4,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt it'll happen, we haven't even had a video yet.
  • Options
    Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First I've heard of this!!
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    Would be good if it was true. This song would be a hit! It's my favourite off the album.
  • Options
    Aura101Aura101 Posts: 8,327
    Forum Member
    Its OK, it won't do well.
    The whole album is watered down generic pop.
    My hope for the Saturdays is lost.

This is not the same group who Released chasing lights.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seems a pointless release as the album is beyond saving at this point.
    Best to move on to a new era.
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The only decent album track on the album.

Will probably chart between 10 and 15.
  • Options
    montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aura101 wrote: »
    Its OK, it won't do well.
    The whole album is watered down generic pop.
    My hope for the Saturdays is lost.

This is not the same group who Released chasing lights.

Indeed, but with the first single I had high hopes that they might have been moving away from the generic dance-pop that ruined the last album. Sadly it seems that apart from a few exceptions, that's all they can make these days.
  • Options
    Andrew_DuncanAndrew_Duncan Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's an alright track. One of the better on the album. Other than the singles this, 'Leave a Light On' & 'Wildfire' from the Deluxe Edition are the only decent songs on it.

Also had no idea why they included '30 Days'. It's a terrible song and was released ages before the album.
  • Options
    MaksonMakson Posts: 30,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "30 Days" remains certified Awesome
  • Options
    Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Get Ready Get Set & White Lies from their last album are better than Not Giving Up.

They never seem to get the singles right I mean Gentleman & My Heart Takes Over? awful
  • Options
    FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    The song was lso made "Album Only" on Itunes which indicates they are planning on releasing it sometime soon, but not the 2nd of January which btw is on a Thursday

I reckong they'll release it in the end of february when they announce tour dates and hopefully Frankie will be back too
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    Not Giving Up is really All Fired Up 2.0. The best song on the album. I don't understand why this wasnt the single they released before the album. 30 Days & Gentlemen should've never happened as singles. Both songs are incredibly underwhelming although I will say at least Gentlemen wasn't a generic dance track.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jevito416 wrote: »
    Not Giving Up is really All Fired Up 2.0. The best song on the album. I don't understand why this wasnt the single they released before the album. 30 Days & Gentlemen should've never happened as singles. Both songs are incredibly underwhelming although I will say at least Gentlemen wasn't a generic dance track.

Gentleman is ok but 30 Days and Disco Love should never have been released. I find Disco Love to be one of their weakest singles. Not Giving Up should really be released in the spring as it's a great spring/summer song.
  • Options
    Lucylocket88Lucylocket88 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    I personally like 'Disco Love' and '30 days' Considering both of these songs went in the top ten, then there were not mistakes at all, in my opinion. 'My heart takes over' was a mistake though, in my opinion.

I am not sure what to think of 'Not giving up' to be honest. It really doesn't sound like anything special, to be honest. Out of their recent singles, I think this may be their weakest one.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 69
    Forum Member
    I like Disco Love actually. It's kinda funky & cool but again not the single to release before the album.
  • Options
    Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As I preferred Gentleman to anything the Saturdays released in 2012 I'm Not Giving Up on them yet! :):D
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.josepvinaixa.com/blog/the-saturdays-not-giving-up-artwork/

Is this the single artwork? Not bad if it is.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yep. Out April 6th! :D

BEST SONG OF THEIR CAREER!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I like the artwork! I hope this song is a hit :D I see there's a new B-side called Bigger. I hope it's good, but their B-sides usually are good anyway :cool:
  • Options
    spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the fuss over this song at all! It sounds soooo generic with that awful dance backing sound you hear on a million other songs! There's nothing new or fresh about it, in my opinion. Just a very stale, dated sounding dance track. In fact the backing music in parts sounds identical to Pixie Lott's All About Tonight, but at least that song has a really catchy melody over the generic backing!

I wish The Saturdays could come up with something better than this, something different to all the usual conveyor belt dance trash out there, and make everyone sit up and go "Wow, This song is AMAZING and so different!!"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only song I've really liked off the latest album
  • Options
    mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,999
    Forum Member
    spaceygal wrote: »
    I don't get the fuss over this song at all! It sounds soooo generic with that awful dance backing sound you hear on a million other songs! There's nothing new or fresh about it, in my opinion. Just a very stale, dated sounding dance track. In fact the backing music in parts sounds identical to Pixie Lott's All About Tonight, but at least that song has a really catchy melody over the generic backing!

I wish The Saturdays could come up with something better than this, something different to all the usual conveyor belt dance trash out there, and make everyone sit up and go "Wow, This song is AMAZING and so different!!"

It's not my favourite on the album either
  • Options
    kryskryskryskrys Posts: 3,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great choice. I'm so glad they chose this over one of the rubbish songs from Mollie's boyfriend.

Love the artwork too. They should have used that as the album cover (although maybe it's a bit too similar to Girls Aloud's Tangled Up-era artwork).
  • Options
    siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the love for this song either, it's a bit too generic, I loved the clips from the reality show, but in full I'm 'meh' about it. That said the fanbase is going crazy over it and it's by far the most popular on the album! Also, it's kinda nice for them to actually have a post album single! Despite my personal opinion I hope it does well for them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's a radio edit so I'm sure there'll be some production changes to this. Maybe some ad-libs at the end, extended intro, another chorus etc :)