Jamie Lynn Spears - How Could I Want More

spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
Forum Member
✭✭✭
What does everyone think of Jamie Lynn Spears' current single? It's hardly groundbreaking, I know, but I think it's a very pleasant country ballad and at least she's not trying to copy her big sister's sound and style but doing her own thing. She has recently been doing various live gigs in small venues and clubs around the US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdbyfWseIiw

Comments

• cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I quite like it. Her voice is more suited to country than the type of music Britney does. I'm looking forward to her debut album and hearing what she comes up with. I still love Britney though :D They're both good in their own way.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the fact that she can actually sing.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like it im just waiting for the Britney bashing tbh
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its an ok song but its very bland and boring, especially for a debut single its hardly groundbreaking. I cant see it selling millions to be honest. I do feel sorry for Jamie lynn though because at the end of the day no matter what she does she'll always be known as 'Britney's sister'
  • RikScotRikScot Posts: 2,095
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its an ok song but its very bland and boring, especially for a debut single its hardly groundbreaking. I cant see it selling millions to be honest. I do feel sorry for Jamie lynn though because at the end of the day no matter what she does she'll always be known as 'Britney's sister'

Better than being 'Britney' ;-)
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she has a nice voice and look forward to hearing her album. Would be good if she could realise Miss Mississippi as her next single, it's really catchy.
  • spaceygalspaceygal Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did anyone get Jamie Lynn's E.P. The Journey? I love it, especially Shotgun Wedding and Mandolin Summer Sun. I wish there were more than just 5 songs to listen to but hopefully it won't be long before she releases her debut album. I'm not a huge country music fan in general but I do enjoy some it and Jamie Lynn's songs really appeal to me. They're so catchy and put me in a good mood! :)
    Forum Member
    I bought it. Strangely enough Shotgun Wedding and Mandolin Summer Sun are my favourites on it too :D I'm looking forward to the album.
  • Mark-AnthonyMark-Anthony Posts: 572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just downloaded. Loved HCIWM so I'm hoping this is just as good
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,989
    Forum Member
    Listening to the EP on Spotify at the moment.

"Mandolin Summer Sun" is catchy.

I quite like her music. Looking forward to a full album

I'm downloading her EP from iTunes at the moment. :)
    Forum Member
    I was just listening to the EP as well.,it's quite good. I like that she's doing her own thing and not just copying what Britney does. I've got space for both Spears on my iPod :D
    Forum Member
    I was just listening to the EP as well.,it's quite good. I like that she's doing her own thing and not just copying what Britney does. I've got space for both Spears on my iPod :D

I really like Jamie Lynn's stuff at the moment. "Mandolin Summer Son" is brilliant. :) That should get a release. I'm a big country fan anyway.

I love Britney still. :) When I was a small child I wanted to be Britney when I grew up. That clearly didn't materialise...
    Forum Member
    mimicole wrote: »
    I really like Jamie Lynn's stuff at the moment. "Mandolin Summer Son" is brilliant. :) That should get a release. I'm a big country fan anyway.

I love Britney still. :) When I was a small child I wanted to be Britney when I grew up. That clearly didn't materialise...

I was listening to that song earlier. Its such a happy song! Haha I wanted to be Britney as well. She was and still is my idol. I was listening to Britney all day today and I wore my Circus Fantasy perfume to college :D Keeps lecturers away! L.A. hates the smell :p
    Forum Member
    Having listened to the EP in full on my way to the work placement today, I like it. Wish that it had one or two more tracks though.

I was watching some interviews last night and she started writing for it just after her daughter was born so she's been doing this for a while. :)

It would be interesting to hear how she sounds live.

Looking forward to a full length album if there is one.
    Forum Member
    If she started writing since her daughter was born then she must have at least an album's worth of songs! I read that she did a few songs where she sang some covers (country songs I think, not her big sister's :p) and some original songs. There might be a chance of a full album at some point.