question to betting experts about possible twist

shandygirl1211shandygirl1211 Posts: 2,684
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi there, been reading the various posts about the possible twist, ie; an ex HM going in with the chance of winning and although I do not believe the chance of winning part, I do wonder this, if you had backed a HM to win and they had been evicted, then torn up or thrown out your betting slip, then they went back in and won, is there any way to pick up any winnings that would be coming to you?

The reason I ask is because I know that after a horse race is finished I see many throwing away 'dud' slips and have always wondered what would happen if there was a stewards inquiry and the winner disqualified.

Hope this question makes sense and that it can be answered.
Cheers

Comments

• willywonkerwillywonker Posts: 16,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its on the channel 4 website, anyone going in is NOT eligible to win, which is the way it should be imo
  • shandygirl1211shandygirl1211 Posts: 2,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my opinion too, thx
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    According to a reliable source, Reverse Ferrett, who seems close to the production team, the HM elected to go back in will be entitled to win.

Whether that will stay the same until that housemate is elected remains to be seen.
  • shandygirl1211shandygirl1211 Posts: 2,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anglia wrote:
    According to a reliable source, Reverse Ferrett, who seems close to the production team, the HM elected to go back in will be entitled to win.

Whether that will stay the same until that housemate is elected remains to be seen.

if that is true, then I would really like an answer to my original question, because I am sure many people backed Nikki to win and destroyed their slips after her eviction. This must factor on why it would be illegal to allow her (or any other evicted HM) to win.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    they wont be eligable to win, £ndemol are a lot of things but they arenot stupid! The backlash and potential for law suits (justifed or not) just wouldnt be worth it!

However I think that if someone had say Nikki to win, and she was evicted, betting slip gets thrown away, Nikki comes back and wins....well I think they'd be told it was their too bad for throwing away the betting slip!
  • GeegGeeg Posts: 23,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they go back in then they haven't yet been evicted - so does that mean that those that won money when someone was "evicted" now have to pay it back?
  • afcbfanafcbfan Posts: 7,160
    Forum Member
    JennyAnt wrote:

However I think that if someone had say Nikki to win, and she was evicted, betting slip gets thrown away, Nikki comes back and wins....well I think they'd be told it was their too bad for throwing away the betting slip!

Yes, I think back to that couple who won the lottery and lost the ticket; Camelot knew they'd won it but, no ticket, no winnings.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    afcbfan wrote:
    Yes, I think back to that couple who won the lottery and lost the ticket; Camelot knew they'd won it but, no ticket, no winnings.

Thats exactly where i got my logic from, if you lose or misplace a ticket you cant really prove that you had it in the first place, if Nikki or anyone else comes back and wins every tom Dick and Harry could say they had binned betting slips!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you placed a bet online you'd be ok.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    I won money from the bookies (just a little I may add) by backing Jayne to be evicted ? if she goes back in tonight with the possibility of winning...do I have to hand my winnings back ???
    Crazy situation Endemol are getting themselves in...cannot believe they would allow us to spend money to vote someone out just to see the housemate return again !!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nikki is currently available at 19.5 on betfair to win, so there's definitely people willing to put money on her being able to win.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Betting is taking a gamble, isn't it?

So no reason to whinge if you lose. You should bet on something less liklely to be fixed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you lose a betting slip then you can still claim the win at the bookies as long as you can remember a rough time and date of when you put it on and the right amount.

You may have to wait a while so they can check it's not claimed but you can definitely still collect your winnings.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,428
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like a bet on Big Brother just to make it more interesting - these sort of situations are risks that you have to be willing to accept.

Endemol is making a programme for entertainment - not for bookmakers and the people among us that like a gamble.

I've heard it said before and can't help but agree (and I'm one of them!) If you're stupid enough to bet on Big Brother then you deserve it.

I once lost £210 betting on Gareth Gates to win Pop Idol. That's one to tell the grandchildren - I once bet £210 on a stsutterring man to win a singing contest! Doh.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cosworth wrote:
    I won money from the bookies (just a little I may add) by backing Jayne to be evicted ? if she goes back in tonight with the possibility of winning...do I have to hand my winnings back ???
    Crazy situation Endemol are getting themselves in...cannot believe they would allow us to spend money to vote someone out just to see the housemate return again !!

I dont think you would because she was evicted.....