Options

Matt Lucas snubs Boy George

Soulmate9Soulmate9 Posts: 7,407
Forum Member
http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/showbiz/a132643/lucas-ignores-boy-george-apology.html

How rude of Matt.... he could at least have acknowledged Georgie :mad:

Comments

• Options
    Boy George FanBoy George Fan Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    Maybe Matt is a prissy diva after all and George shouldn't have bothered apologising.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Why should he reply to him? Boy George offended him so if he chooses to ignore him what's the big deal?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe Matt is a prissy diva after all and George shouldn't have bothered apologising.

You could be right.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kestral73 wrote: »
    Why should he reply to him? Boy George offended him so if he chooses to ignore him what's the big deal?

BG has at least had the good grace to make the apology. If Lucas isn't big enough to accept, that's his problem, not George's.

George, just move on with your life.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BG has at least had the good grace to make the apology. If Lucas isn't big enough to accept, that's his problem, not George's.

George, just move on with your life.

Maybe Boy George should have had the good grace not to say it in the first place & then he wouldn't be in this position.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe Boy George should have had the good grace not to say it in the first place & then he wouldn't be in this position.

George was off his head on drugs at the time..... hence the apology, and I agree with Rose P..... if someone apologises, especially for something minor, the other person can at least acknowledge it. If this story is true, then it just makes Matt look very petty.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Maybe George just shouldn't have bothered apologising at all. It wasn't as though he crapped in Matt's back yard, is it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Soulmate9 wrote: »
    George was off his head on drugs at the time..... hence the apology, and I agree with Rose P..... if someone apologises, especially for something minor, the other person can at least acknowledge it. If this story is true, then it just makes Matt look very petty.

Well if he was off his head on drugs at the time that makes it ok then :rolleyes:

Maybe it wasn't minor to Matt Lucus maybe it really peed him off and he wants nothing to do with him. IMO it doesn't make Lucus appear petty at all it makes him pretty normal.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well if he was off his head on drugs at the time that makes it ok then :rolleyes:

Maybe it wasn't minor to Matt Lucus maybe it really peed him off and he wants nothing to do with him. IMO it doesn't make Lucus appear petty at all it makes him pretty normal.

That's why he's apologised, going back to the original story :rolleyes: Calling someone a prissy diva is hardly starting WW3 with them, is it?
  • Options
    Forum Member

Hence George's apology :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No it doesn't make it ok but it was just stupid name-calling, much like what goes on in here and ignoring someone when they've made an apology isn't normal, it's bloody rude.

I think it's good of George to apologise. I wouldn't of, I would now say, Lucas, take your shoddy show made for America and shove it up your backside.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Like I said previously quite possibly Matt Lucas didn't care for what he said and didn't want to accept the apology which is absolutely up to him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No it doesn't make it ok but it was just stupid name-calling, much like what goes on in here and ignoring someone when they've made an apology isn't normal, it's bloody rude.

I think it's good of George to apologise. I wouldn't of, I would now say, Lucas, take your shoddy show made for America and shove it up your backside.

:D I liked the first two episodes of Little Britain but it's just got too samey now.... talk about doing the same few jokes to death.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Like I said previously quite possibly Matt Lucas didn't care for what he said and didn't want to accept the apology which is absolutely up to him.

Still think he could of acknowledged it, it's just rude imo.
    :D I liked the first two episodes of Little Britain but it's just got too samey now.... talk about doing the same few jokes to death.

I liked the first one when it was fresh and innovative, after that all got a bit stupid and I don't like Matt Lucas. Walliams is alright.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Elton John accepted Boy George's apology - so step up to the plate, Matty Boy, and take it like a man!!!!
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    That's why he's apologised, going back to the original story :rolleyes: Calling someone a prissy diva is hardly starting WW3 with them, is it?

Especially if they go on to act like one :D
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe this is their business
  • Options
    soilhoofsoilhoof Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boy George and Culture Club pickled moments of the 80s in their superior pop - Matt Lucas churns out replicas of Vic and Bob routines, poorly, and has done nothing original nor memorable. Who is he to snub Boy George?
  • Options
    PlantPlant Posts: 11,820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just because you make an apology it doesn't mean the person is obliged to accept it. Boy George comes across as a spoilt brat who is too used to getting his way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    according to the links, the original prissy diva comments were made in 2005. if he's just apologised now maybe Matt will accept the apology in 2011. or perhaps Matt's well past it and can't be bothered with it. i am sure he's got a lot more going on than compulsively reading and responding to his emails!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've snubbed Boy George pretty much my whole life....

Maybe if O'Dowd didn't play things out in the press he would garner more respect from the people he claims to have upset. He's just publicity seeking. He made the comment in the press, the apology in the press and now his hurt is exposed via the press.

If I was Lucas I'd be more concerned as to how this oversized tit got my email address...!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's just a tabloid filler story and already fish & chip wrapping.

George recently had to cancel a gig in a 2,200 seat venue - only 88 tickets were sold.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When BG apologised it does not mean that ML must automaticaly forgive him, it does not work like that. And nothing is more personal than an email, maybe if he tried harder and did not complain about it in newspapers, he could get some response after all. Also I love how BG congratulates himself what a great person he is for being able to apologise :rolleyes:
  • Options
    codacoda Posts: 5,337
    Forum Member

Boy George has been one joke for nearly three decades...
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    I used to regularly see Matt coming out of Heaven nightclub, just before he made the first Little Britain series.

He was always very quiet, unassuming and always said hello to me, even though I never knew him.

I can't believe he's turned into a nasty piece of work, there must be more to it.