Options

Scottish Fitba Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    Nicely set up for the old firm game next week :).
  • Options
    Hibs-kid-2007Hibs-kid-2007 Posts: 7,954
    Forum Member
    Enthralling stuff at Tannadice. Kenneth turned Pele for a second at the end there. I don't understand why Doogie added only 90 seconds to the 5, when we had the clash of heads, a sub and a square up and then he blows as Utd are in a great position to try get an equaliser ? Baffling !
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Enthralling stuff at Tannadice. Kenneth turned Pele for a second at the end there. I don't understand why Doogie added only 90 seconds to the 5, when we had the clash of heads, a sub and a square up and then he blows as Utd are in a great position to try get an equaliser ? Baffling !

Standard.
  • Options
    bhoy07bhoy07 Posts: 25,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Fair play to the hoops, they dug that one out.

We would have lost that game last season.

Gap now 11 points between the top two and 3rd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Standard.

Although it was handbags he issued out 3 yellows in that incident and 1 of those was for consulting with his linesman. I personally thought it should have been another 30-60 secs.

Take nothing away from Celtic though, was a fantastic win from them, they did look great going forward.
  • Options
    CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought McDonald bottled the pen, why consult the linesman when he had already decided it was a penalty?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CELT1987 wrote: »
    Thought McDonald bottled the pen, why consult the linesman when he had already decided it was a penalty?

Why have a linesman if he can't consult with him ? They are there to assist the refs, pity more linesman don't get involved.

He decided it was a pen, the linesman must have had a better view of the incident or one that he was strong enough to say to Doogie its a no pen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why have a linesman if he can't consult with him ? They are there to assist the refs, pity more linesman don't get involved.

He decided it was a pen, the linesman must have had a better view of the incident or one that he was strong enough to say to Doogie its a no pen.
    At first the ref was clear in his mind it was a penalty. Refs don't usually change their mind on giving a penalty.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lennon: 'I'll put that down to another honest mistake'
  • Options
    Forum Member
    At first the ref was clear in his mind it was a penalty. Refs don't usually change their mind on giving a penalty.

And thats whats wrong.

Assistant refs dont take anywhere near enough responsibility IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    bhoy07 wrote: »

Dont you mean "Neil"? :D
  • Options
    The_SleeperThe_Sleeper Posts: 202,551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Correct but you forgot to say over the last 18months !;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And thats whats wrong.

Having seen the replay from the opposite side I don't think the linesman can actually see it better than Doogie, there were at least two players blocking his view.

I think Doogie saw the reaction of the D'Utd players surrounding him and didn't want to be seen to be giving Celtic a penalty that may have been 'dodgy' in the meejda.

Severin was lucky not to give one away anyway.

Peter Houston complaining they didn't get decisions going for them today.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I do see what your saying about the ref don't usually change their minds.

Next week shall be a classic :D

I finish work at 12noon next sunday aswell, so will be glued to the TV. Hibs are at Pittodrie saturday noon aswell I believe on ESPN. Shifts worked out well this time, pity earlies all week because my free house is only till wednesday now and i've had no entertainment.

Another thing on Lennon, love him or hate him he conducts himself well, yes he was in the 4th officials face but I personally love his passion and he wears his heart on his sleeve which I love.

Will Celtic be reported for the idiots throwing lighters ? Didn't Hearts get done against Rangers for that ?
    And thats whats wrong.

Totally agree.

Also Andy Walker, everyone knows my thoughts on him but he really is a clueless fud. He was so far up the refs arse first half then when Doogie made his brave decision he was all but crying and moaning about who was in charge. He changed his mind which is rare but if the right decision was reached by it then fair play to them.

He did give that stonewaller at Fir Park, can't get them all from Doogie. ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Having seen the replay from the opposite side I don't think the linesman can actually see it better than Doogie, there were at least two players blocking his view.

I think Doogie saw the reaction of the D'Utd players surrounding him and didn't want to be seen to be giving Celtic a penalty that may have been 'dodgy' in the meejda.

Severin was lucky not to give one away anyway.

Peter Houston complaining they didn't get decisions going for them today.

I have no complaints TBH. We gave you a game. Fair play for getting the win. You could have been out of sight by the half hour mark.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    IAlso Andy Walker, everyone knows my thoughts on him but he really is a clueless fud.

I think you are overselling him TBH. When you are a poor mans Charlie Nicholas its time to find a new career.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do see what your saying about the ref don't usually change their minds.

Next week shall be a classic :D

I finish work at 12noon next sunday aswell, so will be glued to the TV. Hibs are at Pittodrie saturday noon aswell I believe on ESPN. Shifts worked out well this time, pity earlies all week because my free house is only till wednesday now and i've had no entertainment.

Another thing on Lennon, love him or hate him he conducts himself well, yes he was in the 4th officials face but I personally love his passion and he wears his heart on his sleeve which I love.

Will Celtic be reported for the idiots throwing lighters ? Didn't Hearts get done against Rangers for that ?

Totally agree.

Also Andy Walker, everyone knows my thoughts on him but he really is a clueless fud. He was so far up the refs arse first half then when Doogie made his brave decision he was all but crying and moaning about who was in charge. He changed his mind which is rare but if the right decision was reached by it then fair play to them.

He did give that stonewaller at Fir Park, can't get them all from Doogie. ;)
    Depends if it is in the referee's report. I expect the club will be fined.
  • Options
    jill1812jill1812 Posts: 12,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Did you see on TV is it true Lennon didn't shake Houston's hand? I would be mortified if my manager was diving about in celebrations like that. Total ned. Although Houston says if managers are allowed to run on to the pitch to celebrate he might start. ;):D

Lennon should've been sent to the stand for going head-to-head with the fourth official.

Even though we got beat I really enjoyed that game. Says everything about McDonald as a ref that he pissed off both sides. I'm still unclear how Barry Douglas got booked for being pushed by Samaras.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jill1812 wrote: »
    Did you see on TV is it true Lennon didn't shake Houston's hand? I would be mortified if my manager was diving about in celebrations like that. Total ned. Although Houston says if managers are allowed to run on to the pitch to celebrate he might start. ;):D

Didn't see if Lennon shook his hand but I think he shook some of the United staff's.

The celebrations after the game shows what it means to Lennon and the backroom staff, everyone fighting for each other is just what we want to see.
    Lennon should've been sent to the stand for going head-to-head with the fourth official.

Lennon was asking WTF? was going on but the 4th official didn't know, even when Doogie spoke to him Lennon was still none the wiser as he confirmed after the game.

I think the officials made a pigs ear of it.
    Even though we got beat I really enjoyed that game. Says everything about McDonald as a ref that he pissed off both sides. I'm still unclear how Barry Douglas got booked for being pushed by Samaras.

He seemed to grab Sammy and then Sammy pushed him back, it was handbags and nothing more.

On a positive note Doogie will not be refereeing at CP next sunday. Unfortunately Thomson is likely to be the one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lennon was asking WTF? was going on but the 4th official didn't know, even when Doogie spoke to him Lennon was still none the wiser as he confirmed after the game.

I think the officials made a pigs ear of it.

Why didn't Lennon ask Maloney? The decision was explained to both captains. Even if he was asking what was going on it's no excuse. Only him and Walter would get away with that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why didn't Lennon ask Maloney? The decision was explained to both captains. Even if he was asking what was going on it's no excuse. Only him and Walter would get away with that.

Do you think Doogie would've stopped the game to allow Maloney to speak to Lennon.

IMO Doogie was intimidated by the D'Utd players to change the decision.
  • Options
    Forum Member

:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D:D

She might as well get in the habit.

From Danny Majstorovic spoof twitter page:

Asked Daly outside for calling me a prick during the game, apparently he's sitting in the shower with his clothes on rocking back & forth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

:D:D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member

Yeah cause the old firm never do that :rolleyes:

The right call was made regardless of how it was made.

Live on your honest mistakes excuses but IMO it wasn't a pen. You initially thought it was Kenneth foul but only you noticed that, it was Pernis apparent foul everyone else was discussing. Obviously not clear cut then.
This discussion has been closed.