Options

Jehovahs Witnesses, grrrrrrr

Comments

• Options
    lightdragonlightdragon Posts: 19,059
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Go now and knock on their doors and ask if they've ever considered atheism. :D:D

Trolling IRL ftw.
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PompeyBill wrote: »
    Not after the highlight of your contribution, no, we can't beat this!

:D:D:D
  • Options
    sutiesutie Posts: 32,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tell them that I collect shovels, and would they like to come in and talk about them with me.

They don't half shift! :confused:
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Superior wrote: »
    They must know it pi$$es people off, as they dont do it on thier own doorstep. (Or the ones we knew did'nt)

We lived next door to a couple and they would go out at weekends in gangs, banging on peoples doors, but streets or even towns away. But to us, as neighbours, they were just very nice normal people. Never tried to push their beliefs on us at all.

And when we did have JWs come to our door, it was not the neighbours, but total strangers.

I can vouch for this.

Our next door neighbours were JW's, he was something 'high up' at the local Kingdom Hall.

Exactly as you say, they never bothered us for a second, were perfect normal neighbours - actually very kind and considerate - and never once mentioned religion to any of us.
  • Options
    Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    PompeyBill wrote: »
    Not after the highlight of your contribution, no, we can't beat this!
    :D:D

:cool:
  • Options
    stateofgameplaystateofgameplay Posts: 3,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mrcreosote wrote: »
    Sometimes the postman harasses me twice a day.

:eek:
    YOU LIE!!
    :D:D
  • Options
    soulboy77soulboy77 Posts: 24,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My old man's way of dealing with JWs when I was a kid was to just say 'F**k off' and close the door!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just had three at the door and for once I didn't answer it!

Bibles in hand is usually a bit of a giveaway..........

It's obviously not just weekend visits round here anymore - any day goes now! :eek:

Seems to be a real plague of em round here - I don't deny there must be a lot of Essex people that need saving - but I don't wana be saved by them thanks! I like to celebrate Xmas and birthdays - and I'm a blood donor - and if I needed a blood transfusion I'd bludy well have one! :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,864
    Forum Member
    We get them here now and then, but I just ignore them when they answer the door lol.:D
  • Options
    Weeping DreamsWeeping Dreams Posts: 4,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a hard and fast rule for JW's. If they're young, female and attractive I talk to them, if they're not I slam the door in their face.
  • Options
    TheBoingoBanditTheBoingoBandit Posts: 1,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As has been mentioned many times on the numerous JW threads they have a 'Do Not Call' list and if the householder does not want any further visits you can ask to be put on that list and they will not call again. Simple.

Why should WE have to do that?

They should just leave people alone - nuff said! :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The group near me are quite nice. They even run a gym. It's called Jehovah's Fitness.

That made me laugh! :D

mind you, I'm easily pleased I think! :o:p
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess I'm the only one who finds tehm funny and entertaining.
  • Options
    *starburst**starburst* Posts: 315
    Forum Member
    I had an experience with a group of JW's the other day. I was driving along merrily in my car and my phone rang. I pulled over to answer it, had a brief conversation and then hung up.

Before I could drive off, a guy ran over to my car, and stuck his head in the window asking if I "had a minute to chat about the workings of the Lord" !! I was absolutely :eek: It's one thing to knock on your door, and another to stick their head through my car window - he was about an inch away from my face! :D

I told him to move in 2 seconds, failing which, I'd trap his neck and drag him off at 50mph! :D
  • Options
    embyemby Posts: 7,837
    Forum Member
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    The group near me are quite nice. They even run a gym. It's called Jehovah's Fitness.

:D I really hope that's true.
  • Options
    NectarNectar Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Melanie20 wrote: »
    At the end of the day they are Christians and kindly people

...unless you are the offspring of a Jehovah's Witness, who happens to need a blood transfusion or a kidney transplant to keep you alive.

At the point where they say "no, it is God's will for my son/daughter to die and we will eventually be reunited in heaven", they don't appear to be too kindly...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you have a sign on the door saying NO callers of any sort then why go to the door at all? develop a 'secret' knock code for friends and family so you will know its them, then you can just ignore everything else ;)
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nectar wrote: »
    ...unless you are the offspring of a Jehovah's Witness, who happens to need a blood transfusion or a kidney transplant to keep you alive.

At the point where they say "no, it is God's will for my son/daughter to die and we will eventually be reunited in heaven", they don't appear to be too kindly...

thats just mean, why would god decide to take a child away from life anyway, thats a question they need to ask themselves.
  • Options
    NectarNectar Posts: 649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thats just mean, why would god decide to take a child away from life anyway, thats a question they need to ask themselves.

Because, according to JWs, life is just a pain in the arse part of existence that we have to go through before we eventually achieve harmony when we die. JWs look forward to death, life before it is the annoying part, so if a child dies young they see it as the child being blessed, not cursed.

Fortunately the rest of humanity, for the most part, sees things differently...
  • Options
    gv6lgv6l Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They also don't let their kids go to birthday parties - or don't do birthdays at all...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    If a jehovahs witness knocks on your door and asks if you have found god just turn round and say to them you did'nt know he was missing :D:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    We had two of them coming round on Monday, with a baby in a pram. Most likely to get more people to take notice. Well it didn't work here because we did not answer and the leaflet they put through the door was eaten by the dog.

Anything that appears to be junk and is put through the door without asking for it either goes in the bin or the dog will sort it out. That includes bettaware catalogs or anything else in that category.
  • Options
    KBBJKBBJ Posts: 10,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why should WE have to do that?

For the same reason that you register not to get people ringing you up trying to flog you a conservatory or posties putting junk mail in your letterbox.

Or you can just sit there being angry, if you choose.
  • Options
    November_RainNovember_Rain Posts: 9,145
    Forum Member
    I don't agree with door to door preaching but are JW's really any more annoying than other cold callers e.g. energy suppliers representatives? I'd rather none of them knocked on my door, not just one or the other.
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    Melanie20 wrote: »
    At the end of the day they are Christians and kindly people, all you have to is politely say that you're not interested and close the door. No need to go nuts:D:D

JWs aren't Christians. Nontheless, a no thankyou is sufficient.