What is it with Simon?

JordyDJordyD Posts: 4,007
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is he all out to make a fool of himself?

Last few weeks while coming on stage, he gets in camera to shake Dermot's hand, now this used to be a thing that started between Gary and Dermot, but Simon trying to copy it is embarrassing to watch.

Plus the way he salutes to copy Cheryl is soo 2010 :D

It's just that, it's not funny anymore!

Comments

• JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You're right, that whole 'banter' with Dermot when he comes on is so cringeworthy.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not so cringy as Mel and Cheryl on Xtra, doing the mad clapping while Simon was trying to speak. They were acting like five year olds :blush:
  • PattfrancePattfrance Posts: 338
    Forum Member
    JordyD wrote: »

Last few weeks while coming on stage, he gets in camera to shake Dermot's hand, now this used to be a thing that started between Gary and Dermot, but Simon trying to copy it is embarrassing to watch.

He's lost it, the plot and the show. He came back to save the show and brought Cheryl, who he thought would boost numbers. He knows he has failed, so what you see is his rather weak and embarrassing attempts to try and win favour. Pathetic
  • PJ1893PJ1893 Posts: 1,669
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I thought Simon was the one who did that first... :blush:

But I think the panel this year have been a bit embarrassing in general, especially during Xtra factor. The 'banter' is so forced, I don't think the chemistry is as good as it is on BGT.
  • dia6olodia6olo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simon is a muppet, period! :D
  • Arthur_BArthur_B Posts: 3,723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Dermot thing was funny to begin with - now it's just irritating.
    The biggest question is what has Simon done to his face??? - it's alarming compared to a few years ago :o
  • AmusedmooseAmusedmoose Posts: 1,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Oh my god, I hate this. Seriously, what is it he's even doing? It isn't even a thing!!??>:(:D The first time It happened I thought Simon had finally gone totally insane.
  • magicmelodymagicmelody Posts: 3,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arthur_B wrote: »
    The Dermot thing was funny to begin with - now it's just irritating.
    The biggest question is what has Simon done to his face??? - it's alarming compared to a few years ago :o

Too much botox.
  • A.D.PA.D.P Posts: 10,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A man aged 55 trying very very very hard to try to look " cool" as he thinks his money can influence thoughts.

He is far too old to present a pop music show aimed at teenagers. He can't sing, so why is he there bar the small fact he owns it!

The things he does is so 1980s