Vampire Diaries S6 - US Pace Discussion

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^ Kai is definitely not dead. He's going to bring the rest of Lily's family with him and I'm actually looking forward to that. This episode was the first time I saw major chemistry between Bonnie and Kai and was even more surprised that there are people out there who are shipping them from the very first time the characters have interacted. :o

Overall I did enjoy the episode until 'the cure' came up. >:(
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kai isn't dead but something about those vamps being all dressed up and sitting round the table was hella creepy. I imagine he will give his blood then just pop out being the new head of house. Failing that he will have the ascendant and they will Deus Ex the hell outta that blood jar and "hey presto" it just happens to be Bennett blood in the jar (currently on the floor)

The cure is going to be given to either Elena, Caroline, Mother Dearest or Enzo.

Elena and Caroline to cure them of vampirism and Mother Dearest and Enzo to kill them. Giving it a vvamp is basically a death call remember and they then rapidly age to their current age, Elena and Caroline are still teens so they won't age at all, maybe a mouth wrinkle or something but non fatal. Unless they keep it for a future big bad but that seems an easy get out for any future issues.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe this is the way out the writers have for Damon and Elena. Elena takes the cure, becomes human. Damon does what Silas did to Katherine and sucks the cure out of her. Both end up human and are written out to live happily ever after.
  • margarite6666margarite6666 Posts: 2,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe this is the way out the writers have for Damon and Elena. Elena takes the cure, becomes human. Damon does what Silas did to Katherine and sucks the cure out of her. Both end up human and are written out to live happily ever after.

Elena will want to be human again because she will want a family. Damon has always wanted to remain a vampire: it suits his personality. Perhaps what Klaus said will come to pass: Elena will marry Matt and they live happily ever after!
  • TunnelVision9TunnelVision9 Posts: 589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nina Dobrev has annouced she is leaving TVD at the end of Season 6. It'll be interesting to see the ending for her character and what direction Season 7 takes.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ian Somerhalder and Paul Wesley have signed for season 7.

Showrunner Julie Plec said-
    “Saying goodbye to Nina is both bittersweet and beautiful. After six-plus years together, the entire cast and crew of The Vampire Diaries has reached a level of closeness that I don’t think any of us ever expected. Nina is excited to spread her wings, get some rest, travel the world and also take it by storm, and we support her a thousand-fold. We will miss Nina and the four hundred characters she played, but we look forward to the insane and exciting challenge of continuing to tell stories of our Salvatore Brothers and our much-loved and gifted ensemble.”

Surprised they didn't try to keep it a secret, but I guess if she is going to be auditioning for other parts there is no point.
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh, twitter not happy with this at all ;-)

I'm more interested in season 7 now than before. It has the potential to be a disaster but I'm intrigued as to what they're going to do. You assume under normal circumstances a fantasy show needs a relatively normal protagonist for the audience to identify with & root for, and Damon/Stefan sure ain't that. Maybe they'll try to shoehorn Bonnie into that role, God knows. I don't honestly see it getting an eighth season at this point.
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gutted that nina is leaving because i have a feeling there won't be another season after 7. Do understand why she's leaving and wish her all the best and hopefully she'll do another tv show In the future although i think she'll be concentrating on movies.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like it. Many have said for a while that this is the Elena show and everything is about her. I think the show can improve without this triangle. It also leaves room for Bamon as they have great chemistry. If she does become human she will leave to ' reconnect' with her human self. I can see her returning for the last ever episode. I really think season 7 should be the last. Julie Plec now has more new shows to handle so it makes sense.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael Trevino also confirmed to be leaving

What a mess. Losing the main character. The eyes and ears of the show. To be fair, she signed for six seasons and has done her six seasons. The fact they chose to continue without her is the big mistake. Imagine doing True Blood without Sookie or killing Bella off in Twilight and having films just about Jacob and Edward. Bravo to her though. I would of jumped ship as the show has been a state since season 5.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Am I the only one happy she's leaving? Nina is amazing and I loved both Elena and Katherine but the show needs some new life and this might just do it. I can see her coming back for the last few episodes. Tyler is a pointless character anyway so he won't be missed but I think he will get a happy ending with Liv.

Maybe now we might get Bamon? Hehehe

The cast is still amazing with Damon, Caroline, Stefan, Bonnie, Alaric, Enzo (if he stops this revenge crap) Matt, Kai and Jo (and Liv if she stays)

When the show does finish I hope Caroline moves to New Orleans.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyler's leaving too? Well finally, his character's been useless for years.

Welp, that puts the damn cure into new light, hell, maybe she'll even end up dead. However...
    What if they go the Originals route and shove her into new body...

But with this many going, they really should have ended it this season, imo.

I'm sad, I think, more for a show I still mostly love dying in front of my eyes than anything else.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    Michael Trevino also confirmed to be leaving

What a mess. Losing the main character. The eyes and ears of the show. To be fair, she signed for six seasons and has done her six seasons. The fact they chose to continue without her is the big mistake. Imagine doing True Blood without Sookie or killing Bella off in Twilight and having films just about Jacob and Edward. Bravo to her though. I would of jumped ship as the show has been a state since season 5.

Sookie was by far the dullest and worst of the characters in True Blood so if done right it could have survived without her, same for Twilight, I always wanted more of the Cullen family and their back stories more interactions with them Bella was as dull as dishwater and Edward not much better.

as for TVD, Nina has been dragging it down for ages, can it survive without her, if handled right it could not only survive but thrive without the stupid wet love triangle nonsense.

The Salvatore niece has potential.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Don't really care about Tyler leaving. He was never the most interesting of characters and half the time, it looked like the writers had no idea what to do with him.

Elena isn't my favourite character but I do think if Season 7 is going to be the last one for the show, they should've pushed harder to have kept Nina on board until then.

When it comes down to it, this show has mainly been about Elena, Stefan and Damon. I think losing Elena will effect the show and not strictly in a good way.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TWS wrote: »

The Salvatore niece has potential.

I do agree with you on that and have to admit that the moment she fell into Enzo's sphere of influence, way back, I had a nagging feeling that they were lining them up as Damon and Elena mk.2

I wonder if that's what they're doing, bringing in all these new people so the others can all orbit off the show entirely.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member
    I just don't see how the show can carry on without her, I really don't have any faith in Julie Plec. Season 7 is going to be a hot mess. Will be very surprised if the show makes it to an 8th season.

Also find it really strange that neither Paul or Ian were at Nina's leaving trip.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tyyleer wrote: »
    I just don't see how the show can carry on without her, I really don't have any faith in Julie Plec. Season 7 is going to be a hot mess. Will be very surprised if the show makes it to an 8th season.

Also find it really strange that neither Paul or Ian were at Nina's leaving trip.

It's been rumoured for about a year or so that her and Ian do not get on at all since their breakup. They told the press it was a mutual split and they wish to remain friends. But it's been far from that apparently. Ian also hinted late last year, this might be his final year, but obviously not. So although you can't believe everything you read, me thinks there may of been a bit of bother behind the scenes. Usually the truth spills out years after the show ends.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been rumoured for about a year or so that her and Ian do not get on at all since their breakup. They told the press it was a mutual split and they wish to remain friends. But it's been far from that apparently. Ian also hinted late last year, this might be his final year, but obviously not. So although you can't believe everything you read, me thinks there may of been a bit of bother behind the scenes. Usually the truth spills out years after the show ends.

Kinda makes me wonder if they thought they might lose Ian and the only way to tie him in for season seven was to let her go first. I can sort of imagine the show crawling along without Nina, but if Damon Salvatore vanished I think so would most of the remaining viewers.
  • PandakooPandakoo Posts: 5,427
    Forum Member

Yeah actually it's not that surprising that Ian didn't go.. I do feel for Nina as it must be hard to still have to act romantically with your ex when he's moved on publicly with a new girlfriend. I can imagine this season being really awkward and uncomfortable behind the scenes. Not actually surprising that she is leaving but I thought they would have tried and persuade her for one last season and then end the show after the 7th. But surprised

Do Paul and Nina get along? I always thought they did but I find it weird he didn't go to her leaving trip. I thought they were close
  • Flash525Flash525 Posts: 8,862
    Forum Member
    Michael Trevino (Tyler) leaving is no big upset; he's told his story and has been a third rate character for a while now. Nina leaving though, that's one main (and original) cast member going - assuming they don't put her essence into another body as mentioned by LightningIguana. I honestly don't think they will take that route for the simple reason that a new actress will have a lot to live up to; they're better off retiring (or killing) Elena's character.

It does seem evident though that she'll be the one to receive the cure (if she isn't killed off) so it'll be interesting to see how all of that develops. One thing is for certain though, I can't see the show going on long without her; you can guarantee that a lot of fans will boycott because of this, and that'll hurt the ratings.

With regard to Julie; I don't like much of what she's done with TVD, but then she's highly involved with the Originals, and I haven't a bad thing to say about that.
  • bobblabobbla Posts: 11,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Surely they'll have to kill her off. I can't see Damon sitting back and letting her go, he would follow her, which would make for a very boring 7th season.

The show can survive without her though. Damon filled with grief would open a host of storylines.

I've always preferred Stefan to Damon anyway and as Caroline is my favourite i'm looking forward to more focus on them two
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Julie says Elena's departure is beautiful but bittersweet which seems to me to mean she becomes human and goes off to find herself. Damon Stefan and all her mates would never get over that and grief would swamp season 7. That would limit storytelling. Letting her go would show growth in Damons character.
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the standard contract in America was for seven seasons?
  • F1etchF1etch Posts: 4,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good news that she is leaving as the show is....well it's a bit odd because she is supposed to be the main character but I think Damon and Stefan are above her now in the pecking order, it's much more about them now than it is her but the thing is, it still tries to be about her so I think her leaving will be good for the show. It will still go on, the only downside is her leaving is going to be the WOE IS ME stories that will take up the majority of season 7 now and the flling outs that we will get between Damon and Stefan which seems to accompany fights between the brothers and Elena.
  • TWSTWS Posts: 9,307
    Forum Member
    F1etch wrote: »
    Good news that she is leaving as the show is....well it's a bit odd because she is supposed to be the main character but I think Damon and Stefan are above her now in the pecking order, it's much more about them now than it is her but the thing is, it still tries to be about her so I think her leaving will be good for the show. It will still go on, the only downside is her leaving is going to be the WOE IS ME stories that will take up the majority of season 7 now and the flling outs that we will get between Damon and Stefan which seems to accompany fights between the brothers and Elena.

Or forget that crap and get Elijah or Klaus to come compel them to forget her