Lady Ga Ga chased out of Indonesia by muslim fanatics

ArmiArmi Posts: 3,317
Forum Member
✭✭✭

Comments

• Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Boo hoo. Poor Lady Gaga. Now she'll have to get onto her luxury plane and fly to her next lucrative concert. It's a hard life.
  • garyessexgaryessex Posts: 9,083
    Forum Member
    Boo hoo. Poor Lady Gaga. Now she'll have to get onto her luxury plane and fly to her next lucrative concert. It's a hard life.

Whilst i'm no GaGa fan how would you feel if you turned up for work with a picket line with people threatening to kill you?
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm struggling to understand why they arranged for her to go there though, surely they must have know she wouldn't be welcome.
  • Contains NutsContains Nuts Posts: 2,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She must have put on her poker face.
  • JakobjoeJakobjoe Posts: 8,235
    Forum Member
    Why was she bothering to go there in the first place.
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    I'm struggling to understand why they arranged for her to go there though, surely they must have know she wouldn't be welcome.

I'm sure she has fans in Indonesia who would have welcomed her.
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    She should have just toned down anything that was unnecessarily raunchy and relied on her talent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,019
    Forum Member
    She may have been wearing her pork bacon dress!!
  • MesostimMesostim Posts: 52,864
    Forum Member
    In before "So much for the religion of peace"!!!!
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    I'm sure she has fans in Indonesia who would have welcomed her.

She may be popular but in a country where people are of 90% one rather strict religion I would suggest a sensible head would said no to the trip especially as other singers have had problems in the past.
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    garyessex wrote: »
    Whilst i'm no GaGa fan how would you feel if you turned up for work with a picket line with people threatening to kill you?

I'd feel like I'd finally made it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,452
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abarthman wrote: »
    She should have just toned down anything that was unnecessarily raunchy and relied on her talent.

It's all necessarily raunchy.. Part of her grand artistic vision, dontchaknow!?
    Splinter-Z wrote: »
    She may have been wearing her pork bacon dress!!

:D
  • irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This thread title reads like something from the Sun...

Its not like she was chased by foot through the city by mad mullahs with pitchforks and torches. It doesn't look like she even made it to the country...
  • longlivinglongliving Posts: 321
    Forum Member
    I'd love it. I'd bend over and wiggle my bum at them. I'd burp and fart and do a little dance in front of the picket line. If i was Lady Gaga i'd have some fireworks attatched to my chest and make it look like im firing rockets out my nipples. Give the locals a bit of razzle dazzle.
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    irishguy wrote: »

Its not like she was chased by foot through the city by mad mullahs with pitchforks and torches. It doesn't look like she even made it to the country...

Just as well with the shoes she wears.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishguy wrote: »

Correct, the concert was for June 3rd.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-18224783
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we change the thread title to "Lady Ga Ga not chased out of Indonesia by Muslim fanatics" please?
  • irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    woodbush wrote: »
    Correct, the concert was for June 3rd.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-18224783

Still why let the facts get in the way of a good sensationalist title.... wonder if the OP is a tabloid journalist...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear shame. Well not really. If they want to behave like idiots in Indonesia don't expect it will end up being much skin off Ga Ga's nose. Lots of places in the world are happy to have her, she has a lot of fans.

Muslims can be a funny lot.
  • NamiraNamira Posts: 3,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doubtless her management would have known that she wouldn't be welcome in a very conservative religious country. Gaga seems to thrive on controversy so I don't think this will bother her too much. I still don't think it's right of course and I feel sorry for her Indonesian fans, I bet they never get to have any fun. :(
  • epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    She may be popular but in a country where people are of 90% one rather strict religion I would suggest a sensible head would said no to the trip especially as other singers have had problems in the past.

True, but maybe she thought she'd try for the sake of principle. 90% are Muslim, but I sincerely doubt 90% would approve of issuing death threats to pop stars. I'm sure she knew what she was doing.
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The people in that first link are cretins! She's better off away from them.
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    Mesostim wrote: »
    In before "So much for the religion of peace"!!!!

Christians in South Korea where asking God to stop her performance there.

God must have been doing an Artemis, being busy elsewhere.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have no interest in her but it's not about some pop star being stopped performing it is about:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/may/27/lady-gaga-indonesia-cancel-muslim

"Lady Gaga has cancelled her sold-out show in Indonesia over security concerns after Muslim hardliners threatened ***violence*** if the pop star went ahead with her Born This Way ball"

And

""This is a victory for Indonesian Muslims," said Salim Alatas, one of the leaders of the FPI. "****Thanks to God**** for protecting us from a kind of devil.""

No...it's thanks to people threatening other people that if they don't do what they want them to do then they will resort to violence....
  • Regis MagnaeRegis Magnae Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    alfster wrote: »
    I have no interest in her but it's not about some pop star being stopped performing it is about:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/may/27/lady-gaga-indonesia-cancel-muslim

"Lady Gaga has cancelled her sold-out show in Indonesia over security concerns after Muslim hardliners threatened ***violence*** if the pop star went ahead with her Born This Way ball"

And

""This is a victory for Indonesian Muslims," said Salim Alatas, one of the leaders of the FPI. "****Thanks to God**** for protecting us from a kind of devil.""

No...it's thanks to people threatening other people that if they don't do what they want them to do then they will resort to violence....

How come God was always intervening in person back in the day (supposedly) but these days he seems a bit absent, relying on humans to do his "work"?

Have theologians come up with an answer for that?