Options

Whats the best Present you have ever recieved?

EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
Forum Member
✭✭
Whats the best present you have ever recieved?
It can be for:
Christmas
Bday
Easter
or just a out of the blue gift.

Mine is my Pink tv and dvd player for my bedroom for my birthday.
Whats yours

Comments

• Options
    *weeschmoo**weeschmoo* Posts: 9,713
    Forum Member
    My Mum gave me her chimes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,800
    Forum Member
    ....a tape of the top forty recorded off the radio by my nan
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    A jug kettle.
  • Options
    DurianDurian Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A tortoise
  • Options
    EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I was 5 my uncle bought me 5 packets of opral fruits.

That may seem strange (he was poor) but when you are 5 that's a LOT of sweets! and small children are often happiest with the simplest of gifts.
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    ^^ so he kept one of the six pack for himself? :D
  • Options
    EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ^^ so he kept one of the six pack for himself? :D

LOL Maybe. But I don't think we had 6 packs in those days.
  • Options
    Pepperoni ManPepperoni Man Posts: 7,798
    Forum Member
    I was about 14 when my Mum and Dad gave me this watch. I was soooo chuffed - pity you couldn't see the time when the sun was out :(

http://www.ledwatches.net/photos38/trafalgar12-a.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My 21st birthday present from my boyfriend was pretty good...
    2 weeks in Lanzarote, he'd arranged the time off work for me and everything, we went the morning after my birthday. It was over whelming but lovely.
  • Options
    skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member
    BigTrak
  • Options
    RAINBOWGIRL22RAINBOWGIRL22 Posts: 24,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cat - a pressie from my OH for my 28th Birthday.

Above and beyond any other gift a zillion times over!

[and don't worry - my OH didn't go out and pick a random cat and hide her in the wadrobe until my Birthday. We'd been talking about it for some time then my Birthday arrived, OH had no gift ideas so he took me out to choose a kitty...]
  • Options
    EastEnders-1105EastEnders-1105 Posts: 11,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now im fine with little nicknacks and stuff of ebay/Poundshops car boot sales as im 16 this october and after my Mum said last year dont exspect anything 2 big (due to recession) i was so shocked when i got Britneys Perfume from my Auntie in Australia
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm about to pick up a Cannondale bike. Dropped enough bloody hints for it.

Think I might get him to put a really expensive Brooks saddle on it, too.

Not my birthday till next month but the bike shops get rid of the last of this year's models in August, ready for the new bikes in Sept, so I can get it for a couple of hundred squid less, if I get it now.

Normally, he steals some flowers from a graveyard, and buys me something cheap and lame, (or something he wants) so this is really special!
  • Options
    a_c_g_ta_c_g_t Posts: 1,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The missus was fed up of buying me the usual bottle of whisky.

So one year she purchased for me a very nice bone china Tea Service some really nice tea etc from Whittards.

I looked a bit bemused to begin with as it was totally not what I expected. However as soon as I started on the teas I became well impressed with the whole thing! And still rave about it years later.

Which rates up there along with my Commadore 64 and modem my mum got me as a kid.
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As a kid my dad got me a secondhand, but very fancy, rocking horse one year. It was a 'western' style one with a pretty saddle and everything. I knew my parents were really broke that year, and so appreciated it all the more and didn't care it was secondhand. It was so cool.

Another year, mum got me an Edwardian typewriter in the village junk shop and taught me to type. I loved that.
  • Options
    ackeracker Posts: 8,809
    Forum Member
    A few years ago now but off my brother one Christmas I got a digital virtual guitar amplifier with 16 different guitar amps built into it and goodness knows how many reverbs and echoes and sound effects and stuff. a fantastic thing to get . I was expecting socks.
  • Options
    FlowseyFlowsey Posts: 368
    Forum Member
    This iPad I am using, from my OH for my last birthday. :)
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A diamond necklace. I was sacked from my job (the boss was a w*nker) a week before Xmas. Christmas Day i opened a pressie under the tree feeling really fed up still, and my husband had bought me a 1 carat solitaire diamond necklace to cheer me up.

It worked :D
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Easy - a phone call saying my wife was pregnant, after years of trying and lots of fertility treatment for us both.

As for something more physical - a bike when I was 10 years old and Mum & Dad were very, very hard up. I only found out years later that my Dad had worked 18 hour shifts Sat & Sun for 3 months to get the extra money for Xmas.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    Ohh, quite a few to chose from.

My Atari ST with loads and loads of games when I was a kid.

A 50inch LG Plasma TV about a year and a half ago from a kindly old gentleman I did a lot of odd jobs for, as I refused payment. He got me to research the best TV I could find for under a grand, so I did so thinking it was for him. A few days later a bloody great truck pulled up outside my house with this TV on a pallet.
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A massive stuffed dinosaur my mother made when I was about 6 or 7. It looks cheap, is no doubt a fire/choking hazard, but she made it and I still have it sitting not five feet from me.

Sometimes it's not the cash involved that matters, but the time and thought.

In my 40s, btw:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,030
    Forum Member
    grumpyscot wrote: »
    Easy - a phone call saying my wife was pregnant, after years of trying and lots of fertility treatment for us both.

As for something more physical - a bike when I was 10 years old and Mum & Dad were very, very hard up. I only found out years later that my Dad had worked 18 hour shifts Sat & Sun for 3 months to get the extra money for Xmas.

Awww! That,s lovely congrats.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,030
    Forum Member
    I would say my honeymoon as it was a surprise as we could,nt afford one. My parents got us two weeks in Seychelles it was paradise on earth , and have never forgotten it.:)
  • Options
    AnKahAnKah Posts: 483
    Forum Member
    I would say out of all the presents I've ever received, it would have to be my Gameboy color; just because of the way I received it. .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    A three coloured gold collar necklace for my 40th birthday from Himself.
    I didn't know he cared :D